PP VIII wishlist

I know Wolverine REALLY wants to play over here (as I'm sure all bands do), but I'm hoping next year will be the lucky one for them.

Pantommind
Dark Moor (I saw someone else posted them, that would be kewl to see them!)
Viron - love those guys
Circus Maximus - 'cause those guys just flat out kick total ass
Crimson Glory - I tried to get them to come up this year n' hang!!! But BJG got that gig.. dammit...
Vanden Plas

And if we could just get Tore back over here so he can claim his spot on the Porch, that would be awesome hehehe

Redemption
Communic
Crimson Glory...if they can keep it together that long - "Ladies and gentlemen Midnight".:lol:
Doctor Butcher...you can do it Glenn

...and I saw someone earlier mention Vicious Rumors, which would kick my ass for sure, just don't know how well they'd go over at PP.

Virtual Scott said:
FATES WARNING is of course, first. In a related musical wish list tangent, ENGINE or OSI are likewise acceptable. I know the ODDS for any of these are slim to none, so...

Here's a few more: Enchant (hell YEAH), Redemption (obviously), Lacuna Coil (hey, it COULD happen, you know...), anything with Lalu - Hubi Meisel or Lalu, Venturia, Lethal, Cynic, Crimson Glory, Vicious Rumors, Vanden Plas and sure, why not, Rhapsody.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good list right there.

Personally, I don't think Lacuna Coil would fit in on ProgPower, especially because it will take a miracle for them to play the earliest music by them...

And yes, Dark Moor would rule.. but I prefer the music with Elisa.. :erk:

AFTER FOREVER!
Anathema (doubt it, but...it would be awesome)
Riverside
Poverty's no Crime
Vanden Plas
Adagio
Redemption
Pagans Mind

My wishlist

Friday, opener to headliner:
1. Altaria (Sonata Arctica is too big now, but I could still get my Jani fix with this one; plus they need more exposure)
2. Cynic (the only thing about them headlining is, their only album is about half the length of the headlining set time. Unless they would pull out some of the demo material, or have Sean (who isn't even in the reunion lineup) do a 30 minute version of Grace, they just can't fill up a headline slot)
3. Cloudscape (I've heard some interesting stuff about this band and I want to check them out)
4. Pagan's Mind (I missed PP4, and I want to see them)
5. Devin Townsend (he needs to be back, and he has probably reached "secondary headliner status" by now, especially since Synchestra charted in some countries)

Saturday, opener to headliner:
1. Extol (they have been getting "proggier and proggier" with each album. They'd fit in an opener slot if they did a set of their prog-type material)
2. Alarum (does anybody else think this band is amazing? I have heard zero talk about them, but somebody out there has gotta be a fan. They are like Allan Holdsworth playing death metal)
3. Anathema (they need help and they're awesome)
4. Dream Evil (they are 100% total power metal, very energetic, and due for a US appearance)
5. Fates Warning (PLEASE SAY YES!!!)

I also would like to see James Labrie doing solo stuff.

Friday
Sieges Even-3rd band or 4th
Mystic Prophecy-2nd band
Helstar-co-headline
Edenbridge-opening
Jon Olivas Pain-Headline

Saturday
Icarus Witch-opening
Heavenly-2nd or 3rd
Wastefall-try again for this or go with the other Greek prog band...
Redemption-3rd or 4th
Crimson Glory-headline

Wow - great lists. Here's mine:

Symphony X (I haven't been able to see them since PP I!!!!)
Freak Kitchen
Firewind/Mystic Prophesy (BOTH!!!!)
Vanden Plas
Circle II Circle
Primal Fear
Dream Evil
Porcupine Tree
Enchant
Freedom Call
Pyramaze
Redemption
Falconer
Elegy

& Symphony X again! :D

Haha OK, I'll bite:
In no order...

Pre-Party:
Freak Kitchen
AngrA acoustic set (ala Freedom Call)
Star One

Day 1:
Enchant
Fates Warning
Redemption (2 for 1 deal with Alder!)
Symphony X (2 for 1 with Russell)
Stream of Passion/Ayreon (everyone from Star 1 + Russell [3 for 1!])

Day 2:
Demons and Wizards
Iced Earth (again, 2 for 1 with Schaffer)
Orphaned Land
Blind Guardian (2 for 1 with Hansi)
Pain of Salvation (Hey,I can dream, right?)

See? It's economical, with more bang for our buck!

Running Wild
Iced Earth
Jon Oliva's Pain
Firewind
Communic
Scar Symmetry
Pagans Mind
Astral Doors

Also for a great hard rock band like you had Pink Cream 69 a few years ago... HOUSE OF LORDS

This is a fun thread. Always like these things. Ok. Here are some groups I would like to see next year.

Sonata Arctica-glad that many people want them to come
After Forever-love Floor's voice. great stuff
Royal Hunt-time for them to come to the US
Pagan's Mind-time for them to return. just love the playing of the guitar player. He was fantastic on Saturday.
Hammerfall
Firewind
Derdian-good Italian prog band
Intense
Silent Force-not a great group but I would love to hear DC Cooper sing
Within Temptation-may not be heavy enough, but they do have a great singer

Pre-Party:
Symphorce and or Brainstorm
Mercenary

Main show:
KAMELOT
Symphony X
Sonata Arctica
After Forever
Lacuna Coil(if they play more old songs)
Mercyful Fate
To-Mera
Cellador
Any of these bands to me would be awesome with Kamelot being the main one I would want back to headline the whole thing.

Well, this is my first post eventhough I've been reading over a year. What better thing to post on! Here's mine:

Pagan's Mind
Sieges Even
Angra
Symphony X
CIRCUS MAXIMUS!
Adagio
Freak Kitchen
Stride
Vanden Plas
DC Cooper