ProgPower 2014 Wish List

Another nod for Demon. A few others not mentioned yet that I'd travel far to see:

Fifth Angel
Jonas Hansson (Silver Mountain or otherwise)
Mezarkabul
Satan
Warlord (with Mark Zonder)

Another nod for Demon. A few others not mentioned yet that I'd travel far to see:

Fifth Angel
Jonas Hansson (Silver Mountain or otherwise)
Mezarkabul
Satan
Warlord (with Mark Zonder)

Demon, Mezarkabul (or Pentagram as you like, not the US one of course) and Fifth Angel would rule. But it looks like Fifth Angel disbanded again from what I read recently?

Melechesh would be another good addition.
I like Melechesh, have seen them several times, and will continue to go see them in the future, but I would be pretty shocked to see them booked for a couple of reasons:

1) They would be an even further afield from the Prog and Power genres than either Primordial or Ihsahn.
2) They've toured the US three times in the past three years - supporting Rotting Christ in 2011, supporting Septicflesh and Krisiun in 2012, and a short headlining run this past summer with Vreid and Lightning Swords of Death. I don't know how most of their headlining run drew, but I saw the tour stop in Portland, OR while I was on vacation and the crowd was pretty sparse.

Barring a major philosophical shift in how Glenn books the festival, it doesn't seem like he'd go further into extreme metal for a band that neither has a big buzz, nor are people clamoring to see.

Fun timing. I've been listening to that album about daily or every other day for a week or two now. It is fucking great. That riff in Dreaming of Death slays.

Me too! Haha, timing indeed. It's one of those records that I pick up from time to time, but then I can't set it down for weeks. ProgPower would be a great opportunity for Eumeria to be heard. They're too awesome not to play shows. We've already been through that with Shadow Gallery. It shouldn't happen to another great band.

Then like Milton said, you meant appropriate not worthy.

beating-a-dead-horse-2.jpg