Roll Call - Whom here is from IL ?

On another topic, Woods of Ypres is playing tomorrow night at Reggie's, a night before Novembers Doom plays there. This, after both bands played together in Toronto in 2005, and then together again in Chicago in 2009. I wonder if they were trying to play together once more and just f'd up on the date? :loco:

Did that get added on? i knew Woods of Ypres were touring, but initially I'm pretty sure Chicago was not a destination. What's the start time btw?

go to the reggies site. they have had it up there for over a month now.

Yeah I don't regularly check their site. I used to get emails from them, but come to think of it I haven't gotten any in a while. Anyways, it's weird because the other day I was looking at the tour and on the band's myspace, the Chicago date wasn't listed. I may end up going, but it will be a last minute decision.

On another topic, Woods of Ypres is playing tomorrow night at Reggie's, a night before Novembers Doom plays there. This, after both bands played together in Toronto in 2005, and then together again in Chicago in 2009. I wonder if they were trying to play together once more and just f'd up on the date? :loco:

Neil

We actually just played three East Coast shows with Woods this past weekend. We didn't know they had booked this Chicago show until we happened to stumble across it on the Reggie's show.

Haha fair enough, poor guy. I'm kinda missing Chicago/Illinois now. The summers are awesome, as in the 2 months per year it isn't freezing. I remember being able to go to Metal Haven, they also have some nickle arcade in the suburbs, trying to remember where it was at. The Taste of Chicago.. ah memories. I don't know why but Ginos does nothing for me. Lous is so zesty. Yea I've been wanting to order from Lou's since I left Illinois. Not cheap but man I miss it..

all this talk about Lou's.... I should get ahold of Sacred Dawn and have them bring a Lou's Deep Dish down to Peoria for tomorrows show !

1-800-LOU-TO-GO
delivers just about anywhere :)

Bring one to Dame-Nation!!

Lol hope you got some, or will at some point. Sounded last minute there for Sacred Dawn.

Reverend, thanks putting that in me trusty Droid X.

Duchess hope you could get you some o dat.

Btw for anyone interested, besides their classic deep dish, the spinach is really good too.

Hey, I can make an on-topic post here! I saw a local band the other night opening the Woods of Ypres show called intercontinentalballisticmissile who were shockingly good.

I'd say they're a sort of power-thrash, and I kept thinking they could play some really good Rage or Megadeth covers if they wanted to. Very good players all around, including 6-string bassman who did just the right amount of showing-off how many strings his bass had. Mostly just good metal riffing, but with some clean and jazzy bits mixed in here and there. Their glaring flaw is the vocals, which are a Tiamat-Clouds-style shout. Their set seemed like it was about 70% instrumental so it wasn't much of a problem, but checking the songs at that link they unfortunately have more vocals (and the recordings definitely don't do the band justice).

It was the 3rd time I saw Killer Moon, the other opener, but the first in a metal context. They're also very good, but as a heavy psych band, a bit out of place for the lineup and for this board.

Woods of Ypres was good, but speaking of headliner set-lengths, I think they played 7 songs, for less than an hour. I would guess the 20 people in attendance may have had something to do with that.

Neil

Woods of Ypres was good, but speaking of headliner set-lengths, I think they played 7 songs, for less than an hour. I would guess the 20 people in attendance may have had something to do with that.

Neil

While I like what I've heard from Woods, I'm glad now that I didn't make the trek down for that limited set length. Sucks about the turnout.

Well, the Woods show was so piss poorly promoted, it wasn't even funny.
Also, it had zero local drawing power.

While Woods are growing in popularity, they are not at the Agalloch level of "book them and they will come" yet.

Yeah, it's a shame the communication didn't cross between Woods and ND for the Chicago show as that would have been killer.

The ND show was a good time. It was truly a unique experience, as they opened with 2 songs, then APHOTIC in its entirety, then finished with another 2.

Hey, I can make an on-topic post here! I saw a local band the other night opening the Woods of Ypres show called intercontinentalballisticmissile who were shockingly good.

I'd say they're a sort of power-thrash, and I kept thinking they could play some really good Rage or Megadeth covers if they wanted to. Very good players all around, including 6-string bassman who did just the right amount of showing-off how many strings his bass had. Mostly just good metal riffing, but with some clean and jazzy bits mixed in here and there. Their glaring flaw is the vocals, which are a Tiamat-Clouds-style shout. Their set seemed like it was about 70% instrumental so it wasn't much of a problem, but checking the songs at that link they unfortunately have more vocals (and the recordings definitely don't do the band justice).

It was the 3rd time I saw Killer Moon, the other opener, but the first in a metal context. They're also very good, but as a heavy psych band, a bit out of place for the lineup and for this board.

Neil

ICBM has been around. Al's old drummer from Bavmorda used to be friends with one of the guys in ICBM. They're okay, I suppose. They played at the benefit concert for a local musician who committed suicide a couple of years ago.