Savatage is Damondless

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Over on Blabbermouth I read that Savatage is prety much booting Damond. First, man that must suck for him, he never even got a chance to stretch himself with a cd, and second, will this mean that the headliner can now be billed as Savatage since it's pretty much Zak, Jon, Chris again?

Ben

I think the whole name dispute was due to a pissing contest caused by greed on Sava's management...not a problem with the band itself...

As far as Damond goes...that just plain sucks...hell of a singer...hell of a guy. He either never had a chance or maybe left on his own due to Sava's inactivity lately.

Who knows?

you shouldn't believe Blabbermouth gossips so easily. They already had to post a message from Jon saying that Damond is in the band!

I hope it's false. I was unsure about Daymond fitting in after hearing Diet of Worms, but he just blew me away on the Poets tour (saw him twice). I looking forward to seeing him record with the rest of the crew.

OTOH, if that paved the way for Zak to officially come back, then I'm all for it :>

Steve

I saw them three times with him and wasn't impressed. For some reason He just didnt seem to fit in. I don't know what it was about him. Is it just me?

I love Zak Stevens in Savatage (well, and in CIIC), but I thought Daymond did a very good job as the singer. He has an incredibly strong voice, and was able to range from Jon era screechs to Zak era ballads. Perhaps not quite as good as either in their prime at each end of the spectrum, but very good nonetheless. His renedition of All That You Bleed brought down the house the two times I saw him.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Zak back in the band, but I am also looking forward to seeing what Daymond can do on an album.

Steve

DarkOne said:
I love Zak Stevens in Savatage (well, and in CIIC), but I thought Daymond did a very good job as the singer. He has an incredibly strong voice, and was able to range from Jon era screechs to Zak era ballads. Perhaps not quite as good as either in their prime at each end of the spectrum, but very good nonetheless. His renedition of All That You Bleed brought down the house the two times I saw him.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Zak back in the band, but I am also looking forward to seeing what Daymond can do on an album.
Absolutely! I was extremely impressed by Damond at the Sava show here. A lot of the old-school 'Tage faithful were leery of him at first, but his gung-ho stage attitude, even singing along during Jon's parts, convinced almost everyone there that here was, not only an excellent frontman, but someone who loved the music that he was doing and who knew it well. Really nice guy, too.

In fact by the end of the show I'd forgotten he was also in a band called Diet of Worms. When someone mentioned it, hours later, I was astonished anew, because I'd seen them opening for Christian Death (my friends' band Godhead were also on that bill) and, well..... Frankly you couldn't have cleared a room more effectively by using pepper-spray. Clearly DoW's problems weren't due to a lack of talent in Damond, though.