The Official Sat. Headliner Suggest Thread

trentdk

Sep 20, 2005
Charleston, SC, USA
I think we need to keep in mind that we'd be giving the future band only 6 months notice on this, (I think I mean, keep the suggestions realistic, hehe)

Vanden Plas has a new album coming out in April, and they seem open for Sept.

Maybe the Dio thing could be worked on again?

Sonata Arctica should be done with their tour by that time... ;)

trentdk said:
Vanden Plas has a new album coming out in April, and they seem open for Sept.

Maybe the Dio thing could be worked on again?

Sonata Arctica should be done with their tour by that time... ;)

I would not go nuts for either of them...VP is good don't get me wrong but as a headliner?

I can envision lots of other bands first:
DT (see my other thread concerning that: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4524647#post4524647
Symph X
Pagan's Mind (A big FUCKYOU to all the PM second guessers who think they should not headline the show)
Threshold
...there are a few more but with my limited knowledge of what is huge in prog and what is not, it makes no sense to throw them out.

Greykiller said:
I would not go nuts for either of them...VP is good don't get me wrong but as a headliner?

I can envision lots of other bands first:
DT (see my other thread concerning that: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4524647#post4524647
Symph X
Pagan's Mind (A big FUCKYOU to all the PM second guessers who think they should not headline the show)
Threshold
...there are a few more but with my limited knowledge of what is huge in prog and what is not, it makes no sense to throw them out.

So you second guess Vanden Plas as a headliner, but think Pagan Mind is ready to headline the entire Progpower festival?

:Smug:

I like the Threshold idea. I'd love to see Vanden Plas headline as well, their new album is going to be amazing.

YtseJammer said:
So you second guess Vanden Plas as a headliner, but think Pagan Mind is ready to headline the entire Progpower festival?

:Smug:

I like the Threshold idea. I'd love to see Vanden Plas headline as well, their new album is going to be amazing.

I am not saying what would make the most sense...I am saying what I would want to see. Big diff!

Here are my wishes...and I think they're halfway realistic.

1. Symphony X
2. Rob Rock (I'm not sure why he's never performed)
3. Jon Oliva's Pain

HERE'S AN IDEA: Since Zak Stevens is going to be there, do a SAVATAGE reunion with the Wake of Magellan lineup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M NOT KIDDING! Zak was hurt during the WMD show.

Vanden Plas
Threshold
Allen/Lande Symphony X (something)
Blind Guardian
Fates Warning
Kamelot
+1 Rob Rock
+Infinity Savatage Reunion

damn that was my 6000th post :lol:

I would love to see Vanden Plas, again.
I would also love to see Sonata Arctica as I missed their tour this year. They blew me away last year!
Threshold would be great as well but Vanden Plas is my first pick.
Cindy

Wow, I forgot about Kamelot. I think they're always weclome at PP =D

And Blind Guardian... we do have a new album from them coming out ;) ;). I just fear they may be too busy/big for a late invitation. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask!

Oh, and grats Kenneth R... 6000... damn!

Obsession just reformed and are putting finishing touches on a new release. They had 2 great albums back in the 80's. Not sure if they are big enough to headline. Mike Vescera is a vocalist well circulated in the metal scene and has done vocals for alot of names in the industry ( Malmsteen and Loudness to name a couple) and he has his own projects that have been very good. The incredible Joe Stump is in this reincarnated version of Obsession.

Why not bring ORPHANED LAND back to headline.
Or PRETTY MAIDS

Move EPICA up a spot( I know not headliner material) and bring FRAGILE VASTNESS in their slot.

But i think the ROB ROCK idea is killer, that would be great.

Vanden Plas would be pretty cool, especially with the new album.....

Mainly I say Threshold, Threshold, and Threshold........ :cool:

[Pagan's would ROCK - but I can't see them jumping to a headliner spot no matter HOW MUCH I want to see them after missing them last time......]

The only thing that would be better would be Tenacious D or MC Pee-Pants.....
:D

Lots of these suggestions are nowhere near realistic. Funny, but unrealistic. I am sure Glenn has a contingency plan in order, for situations just like this. And I'm sure he has something up his sleeve already. Are you guys serious about Edguy, Seven Witches, Secret Sphere, and Threshold? There's just no way.

Whoever suggested Sonata Arctica made the most appropriate and realistic guess, I think.

Ok.... I'll play:

Manilla Road
Alchemist
Blind Guardian
Vanden Plas
Iced Earth
Edge of Sanity (playing the entire Crimson & Crimson 2 albums) :headbang:
Threshold

Redemption - After the "Fullness of Time" they definitely deserve it!
Symphony X - They definitely deserve it as well, and hopefully they'll have the new album out by then.
Dreamscape - This would make 3 years in a row, so I wouldn't expect it, but they will have a new album out by then.
Pagan's Mind
Threshold
Kamelot
Conception - 2nd Reunion!!!

Ascension said:
Malmsteen !!!! Unleash the F***in' Fury !!!! :headbang:

Please no. :lol:

I like the Iced Earth and Fates Warning suggestions, though... Iced Earth in particular hasn't played the USA in a while... or maybe Morgana Lefay would be willing to come back across the pond... :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't think Blind Guardian or Demons and Wizards are possibilities since Blind Guardian will be touring Europe in September. That said, I'm going to guess either Symphony X, or Kamelot.