What's your favorite Ayreon song?

TBJ

Dec 5, 2002
Carrboro, NC
Visit site
I think very few people can write songs in so many different styles, yet maintain the essence and quality of the "band". Universal Migrator is in constant rotation on my Ipod, however there is one song that I can never get off my head(shit, its even my ringtone right now) and its called 'Carried by the wind". The song is basically one long solo, and how awesome that solo is!! The whole atmosphere of that album is amazing..clearly one of my favs. I know its not a new album or anything but the fact that I've been listening to it almost every night since it came out says a lot about the album, and about my OCD-tendencies!!

So anyway, what is YOUR favorite Ayreon song? who sings it? and what album is it from?

Honestly, my favourite song rotates every now and then but lately it's been "The Two Gates" from Into the Electric Castle. It's sung by Jay van Fegellen and Damian Wilson.
I'm not even really sure what it is exactly about this song that has made it a regular listen lately.
As a whole, THE is my favourite album.

I can't really pinpoint one. I know there are many I like but the below are the most memorable to me.

1> Ayreon's Fate - The Final Experiment
2> Day Three: Pain - The Human Equation
3> Dragon on the Sea - Universal Migrator Part 1
4> Temple of the Cat - Universal Migrator Part 1

I can't really pinpoint one. I know there are many I like but the below are the most memorable to me.

1> Ayreon's Fate - The Final Experiment
2> Day Three: Pain - The Human Equation
3> Dragon on the Sea - Universal Migrator Part 1
4> Temple of the Cat - Universal Migrator Part 1

I really like dragon on the sea and temple of the cat as well, the latter reminds me of how madonna would sound if she wasnt pop for some reason.

I love The Human Equation, but I've never really been able to get into Into the Electric Castle or The Universal Migrator.

My favorite songs on The Human Equation really are any of those featuring Mikael Akerfeldt, the song Trauma in particular. :kickass:

*hits staples button*

easy, amazing flight

followed closely by isis and osiris

Gotta love "Day 16 – Loser" with Mike Baker on vocals!

Honorable mentions to "Day 11 - Love" and to the "semi-acoustic" bonus version of "Merlin’s Will" with Irene Jansen.

Daydreaming at school, I saw with my computer eyes how the first man on Earth travelled through the wormhole and across the valley of the queens, determined to sail away to Avalon.

:D