Your Favorite Power Metal Song Ever

Awesome. Cool song. Plus, how can you not love a lead singer with a Wonder Woman like gold head band and white knee high stripper boots? :loco:

Here's the biggest joke about the band, who ruled.

The singer listed on the video album (And The Cannons of Destructions will Begn) is Damien King 2. The singer on the band's debut album/ep (Deliver Us) is Damien King 1. Dead Identical, except they're not the same person. Sure, Bill Tsamis and Mark Zonder liked pseudonyms, but THAT was a head of raddichio.

Here's the biggest joke about the band, who ruled.

The singer listed on the video album (And The Cannons of Destructions will Begn) is Damien King 2. The singer on the band's debut album/ep (Deliver Us) is Damien King 1. Dead Identical, except they're not the same person. Sure, Bill Tsamis and Mark Zonder liked pseudonyms, but THAT was a head of raddichio.

It's the age old trick that all men have used at some point in their life - when going from one girlfriend to the next it's always easier just to call them all "honey" rather than having to remember different names. That way you don't screw up and call them the wrong name.

Same thing Bill and Mark used for their singers ...

;)

c.

Oh this one is easy for me. This song is a reminder to me of why I love Metal so much in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
REAL FREAKIN POWER METAL!!!!!

And yeah, this is interchangeable with Metal Church's "Gods of Wrath."

I can narrow it down to about 5 at minimum!

"Art of Life" - X-JAPAN
"Dracula" - Iced Earth
"Destiny" - Stratovarius
"Mirror Mirror" - Blind Guardian
"Anywhere in the Galaxy" - Gamma Ray

Rebellion in Dreamland and The Kiss of Judas are both great songs but the best Power Metal song has to go to the best Power Metal band!!!

Oh boy... as usual this brings into question all the different sects of the power metal genre. This has actually been a really interesting topic to read. I figure I should do this myself, but I can not possibly pick just one, so I'll just nominate my favorites. I also am doing my best to avoid just obligatorily pick epics.

Stratovarius - Speed of Light
Firewind - Til the End of Time
Edguy - The Piper Never Dies
Nocturnal Rites - New World Messiah
Gamma Ray - Fight
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side
Angra - Nova Era
Kamelot - Center of the Universe
Primal Fear - Demons and Angels
Twilightning - Gone to the Wall
Avantasia - Reach Out For the Light (I actually kinda prefer the newer albums/direction, but this is just un-fuck-with-able in terms of sheer power metal awesomness)
Masterplan - Spirit Never Die
Sonata Arctica - My Land
Dungeon - Against the Wind
Lost Horizon - Think Not Forever