Your #1 favorite song of 2010...

Seems they're ripping off Portal's imagery.

portallive.jpg

Both bands are "ripping off" Mr. Bungle's imagery. What of it?

(lest you weren't serious though haha then I guezz I got myself trolled.)

I had no clue they released an EP. This is pretty damn awesome though. I'll be getting this one for sure even though like you, I hate EPs.

It's called "Shatter." It's a solid EP, but yeah I hate EPs. The track Shatter (see the video) is sooo ridiculously crushing. To think they can drone around with that one riff basically for the entire song and still make it catchy/interesting why rocking my face off. It's definitely an accomplishment.

Tom G was for sure listening to Sunn O))) when he wrote Monothesist and the Triptykon tunes.

I had no idea Mr. Bungle dressed outrageously. I never followed them. However, when I just Googled images of them, I couldn't find anything that resembled Portal. The image above is actually the least interesting of the costumes Portal uses.

I know full well what Portal dresses like. I've known of the band for along time. The point I'm making is that outrageous imagery is not exclusive to Portal. Mr. Bungle and Mushroomhead were doing this in the 90's. To assume that one band "ripped off" another band just because they utilized this imageplay is reaaaally silly. Plus, Portal's Pope-hat thingy is pretty new as you've known. Dude wore a clock before then. And yeah, as DCowboys said both of these bands are playing on the Catholic church. I don't even understand what the point of calling out unoriginality is. It's like saying Ghost ripped off Mercyful Fate for signing about Satan.