Your #1 favorite song of 2010...

This whole album is a cracker and this song in particular grabbed my attention for some reason.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZDncbaTzkM&feature=related[/ame]

Borknagar's "My Domain" from the latest album Universal. This was Borknagar's best album in years; far more focused than recent efforts, and I love it. This song still takes me by surprise, because I was not expecting to hear Vortex's awesome voice with Borknagar's music...this song just rules start to finish, and is an awesome way for this album to end. Not often does an album end with its best song, but this one does (in my opinion)!

Last edited by a moderator:

And this one from the band in my signature, for anyone who hasn't heard the hype or read about this amazing band. Great song from their debut full-length The Golden Bough.

Not sure if it's my favorite, but it's up there...

Have never listened to them UNTIL NOW!!!!!! HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!! Now i gotta get this album.
But my favorite of 2010 is: and granted the album hasn't been released, but it was released on their website, and they played it at PP, so i think it qualifies.

Have never listened to them UNTIL NOW!!!!!! HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!! Now i gotta get this album.
Glad you're digging it, but pproceed with caution. This song isn't like most of their music. The rest of their music is more a combination between Dark Metal and Death Metal, with not a lot of clean vocals, akin to the most recent Celtic Frost release. As AS pointed out, this isn't available on the proper full release, it's on a subsequent EP that was part of the same recording sessions.

3 for me...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhXkirG737Q&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8xZ1pFUNtQ&feature=related[/ame]

I'm loving the new Therion! I didn't care for Gothic Kaballa though. I'm guessing this new one will be my top pick for the year.

~Brian~

I've heard before that people didn't like Gothic Kaballa and I still don't understand that as I thought it was a solid release. I was listening to the new one today and at this point it'll probably be #3 or 4 on my list.

I've heard before that people didn't like Gothic Kaballa and I still don't understand that as I thought it was a solid release. I was listening to the new one today and at this point it'll probably be #3 or 4 on my list.

Interesting. I find Gothic Kabbalah to be my favorite Therion album, and I still haven't been able to fully get into Sitra Ahra.

Well mine is one I'm quite honestly shocked hasn't made this thread yet. Maybe it's too obvious? TEUTONIC TERROR!!!!

As a runner up, I'd give it of course to Overkill with "Green and Black."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp900O-aySU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp900O-aySU[/ame]

Interesting. I find Gothic Kabbalah to be my favorite Therion album, and I still haven't been able to fully get into Sitra Ahra.

I would put GK right after Lemuria/Sirius B as my favorite. Maybe it's because it's more accessible than the others that people rag on it a bit here?

As far as Sitra Ahra it wasn't until today, maybe my fourth or fifth time listening that I fully got it. It's definitely a grower.

[youtube]B-HBqwFf8mk&[/youtube]
Seems they're ripping off Portal's imagery.

portallive.jpg

I have no idea why so many Therion fans seem to dislike Gothic Kabbalah or like it less than previous releases. I love the album myself. Several of my all time favorite Therion songs are on GK. Adulruna Rediviva alone is a masterpiece!

By comparison it took a few spins of Sitra Ahra for even me to fully grasp the album to be quite honest. But now that I have 'gotten' it, I love it. I think the combination of the Neimann brothers and Mats Leven spoiled me somewhat over the course of the last several releases. So I wasn't used to the new sounds of Sitra Ahra. But just like every album since Theli (when I discovered Therion), each release is a new chapter in the saga of Therion and Christofer Johnsson.

I've been reviewing the footage of Therion live in South America and Mexico just in the past few days. And I am looking forward to seeing them return to America more than ever!

and to get back on track with the original post: I had planned to come back in here and post a few more favorite songs of 2010, including songs from ACCEPT, Blind Guardian, Seven Kingdoms, and many more. So since folks have beat me to ACCEPT and Blind Guardian, here's my favorite song from Seven Kingdoms' self-titled sophomore release:

arrive early and check them out on the last leg of their first
U.S./Canada tour supporting Blind Guardian & Holy Grail:

tour_secondhalf_poster_web.jpg

a lot of people are finding themselves as new fans of Seven Kingdoms. Will you be next? :err:

:kickass: