Your Favorite Power Metal Song Ever

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Okay, so since we had the classics (post 93) thread, I was curious as to which is YOUR PERSONAL FAVORITE, what in your opinion is the GREATEST power metal song ever, the one which captures the essence of the style... the one that makes you throw your horns out there and want to headbang the hardest!

Mine is (as you can imagine), easy:

And how about this, guys. Each song that's posted here and you don't know... you *have* to listen to it! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, THE power metal song is probably Nova Era.

And BTW, guys, if you have to remind people who the artist is, it's not the definitive power metal song.:)

Geez Milt, thats one hard question to answer. Had to think about it for a while.

Helloween-Halloween. This song has everything. Fast bits, slow bits, epic bits, lots of solo's and it features the greatest power metal singer ever.

"Avenger" by ASKA
I think you may have made the same mistake I did (the song is actually called "Crown of Thorns". That said, I can't believe someone else agrees. Very cool.

By the way, for those who haven't heard it...

The section starting at 3:41 through 4:20 is just brilliant. And the note that ends that section... :worship::worship::worship:

Last edited by a moderator: