Do you mind headbanging at Progpower

Headbanging... yea or nay.

• Yes it bother me

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • No it doesn't bother me

Votes: 117 92.1%

• Total voters
This is the annual "MOST SPOILED CROWD OF THE WORLD" thread... or the "Here's the Pussies of the Year" thread..

Jeez, some people here are like little 7 year old girls... First they complain because there's tall people standing in the front row of the fest. Second, they complain because there's no seats available...Now this. What a fucking joke.

QR:

Headbanging at a metal concert - oh hell yea!

For crying out loud, I think some people are going a bit overboard with this. Hair in the face, getting stepped on, bumped into, and so on! It is part of the territory for crying out loud! It happens and it does not bother me, unless somebody's being a real dick about it, then I'll get pissed. One time, me and this one dude in front of me were really getting into the headbanging at a Kamelot concert. We ended up smacking our heads togther! Damn did that hurt! We both apologized to each other, and were cool with it and continued to rock on! No harm, no foul! For Chris sakes, it is a friggan metal concert! It is not like we're going to the symphony here!

So hell yeah - let that hair fly and throw them horns up! Fuckin' ROCK ON!

But, yeah, please do at least be cool about it and don't go being a dick and disrupting it for other folks who are there trying to enjoy the show with you.

This is the annual "MOST SPOILED CROWD OF THE WORLD" thread... or the "Here's the Pussies of the Year" thread..

Jeez, some people here are like little 7 year old girls... First they complain because there's tall people standing in the front row of the fest. Second, they complain because there's no seats available...Now this. What a fucking joke.

Yup. Someone complained about beer drinkers out on the floor last year. And of course there are always complaints about smokers. Considering some of the conditions many of us have endured to watch a METAL show- smoke of many flavors, spit, puke, BO, moshing, surfing, spilled drinks, fights, and God knows what else in some of the seediest dives in the country- ProgPower is a concert paradise.

Yup. Someone complained about beer drinkers out on the floor last year. And of course there are always complaints about smokers. Considering some of the conditions many of us have endured to watch a METAL show- smoke of many flavors, spit, puke, BO, moshing, surfing, spilled drinks, fights, and God knows what else in some of the seediest dives in the country- ProgPower is a concert paradise.

Seriously... These people should just stay home... You know, there's lots of bacteria going around at Centerstage, they may end up getting ill...:lol:

Someone complained about beer drinkers out on the floor last year.
WTF!?! Why would anyone complain about people drinking beer?
Considering some of the conditions many of us have endured to watch a METAL show- smoke of many flavors, spit, puke, BO, moshing, surfing, spilled drinks, fights, and God knows what else in some of the seediest dives in the country- ProgPower is a concert paradise.
Very true! That and more! Years ago, I almost had my neck broken from someone jumping on top of my head from the rail over the pit at a place that was called The Edge in Ft. Lauderdale. PP/Earthlink is definitely a safer and cleaner venue.

The fact that there is any unresolved controversy left is either due to people not reading the posts or people who are adamant dicks or insatiable whiny bitches who whine and bitch about whining and bitching. o_O

I and others have mentioned moving, I don't know how many times. How anyone can possibly think this is a new idea, is beyond me. It's the mature thing to do. This thread should have not introduced this concept to you, nor should anyone think that they are the only ones with enough brain cells to have finally figured it out. But, if you want to stand there and the person will not stop, after being asked to or noticing what they're doing, here are a couple of immature solutions:
  • Hold up a sheet of Velcro. Once they're stuck, they'll either get the hint and stop, if they're mature and not a stubborn dick/bitch, or they'll kick your ass! :yell:
  • If you're a chick and have your purse there, hold up a brush. If they continue long enough, they won't have enough hair left to hit you. :zombie:
  • If you can get it past security, bring a tall device that holds an impressive electrostatic charge. Put it 2-3 ft away from you, behind the offending sweaty haired beast. It will pull the hair away from you. And if he/she is drunk they may stop all together to marvel at their hair being attracted to this mysterious device. :p

If you noticed that you're whipping your hair into someone's face or drink, change your direction of hair swing or move to the side. It's the respectful and mature thing to do. No one here in this thread is asking you not to headbang. But, if you like to continue doing these things to people...I say go for broke!
  • Dip your hair in salty lemon juice with Ben Gay mixed in, before entering Earthlink. That way when you whip someone in the eyes, it will be sure to have the maximum stinging effect! :devil:
  • Hair whipping is not enough. Moshing is not enough. If the music so moves you, kick & punch people while you're at it! What!?! That sound a little extreme to you? It's a metal concert, after all! Shouldn't it be like we're WWE wrestlers in a battle royal, gladiators, Klingons, or Wolverines in a berserker rage or something!?! Self control is for pussies! :heh:
  • In fact, PP is just too safe and comfortable to be fun! Glenn should have the pit turned into a minefield! :headbang:

Back to reality. This thread has gone beyond ridiculous, even before my ridiculous rant! If everyone is mature and respectful about it (not that I expect this of 100% of the crowd), there should be no problem for anyone. It's that fucking simple!

Ok, I think I have this figured out......Perhaps the people being headbanged upon are the actual farters? What better way to say "dude/dudette, you're pissing me off..." than to let loose with some organic home grown toxic methane death? To hell with collateral damage! If you have too much class to poot near your fellow Prog Power brothers & sisters, you can always puke on em'! :puke: :cry:

Bringing up the too tall bastiges at this show reminds me story. We went to see Accept at the Metro in Chicago for the Balls To The Wall tour. In line outside, I got hit in the face with a full can of Old Style beer. I was pissed, but I was more mad that it was shitty beer. One of our group was a short dude, who somehow ended up behind the tallest, burliest, leather clad behemoth of a person, once we got inside. As I glanced around looking to scoot over so he could get around this continent sized person, I looked back at my height challenged friend and gasped in horror as I saw him digging for green gold, and creating a booger Picasso on the back of said monster's leather biker jacket. I seriously thought he, and possibly "we", would surely be killed for this. Nothing happened, but I bet the big dude had to do some scraping to get my friend's artwork off of his jacket.

Keep your hair out of my beer, or I might have to get a couple orders of onion rings (the older the better!!), and clear a mosh pit sized circle of space around me. DO NOT PROVOKE ME! :lol:

This thread is fuggin hilarious! :headbang: :kickass:

J-Dubya

Ok, I think I have this figured out......Perhaps the people being headbanged upon are the actual farters? What better way to say "dude/dudette, you're pissing me off..." than to let loose with some organic home grown toxic methane death? To hell with collateral damage! If you have too much class to poot near your fellow Prog Power brothers & sisters, you can always puke on em'! :puke: :cry:

Bringing up the too tall bastiges at this show reminds me story. We went to see Accept at the Metro in Chicago for the Balls To The Wall tour. In line outside, I got hit in the face with a full can of Old Style beer. I was pissed, but I was more mad that it was shitty beer. One of our group was a short dude, who somehow ended up behind the tallest, burliest, leather clad behemoth of a person, once we got inside. As I glanced around looking to scoot over so he could get around this continent sized person, I looked back at my height challenged friend and gasped in horror as I saw him digging for green gold, and creating a booger Picasso on the back of said monster's leather biker jacket. I seriously thought he, and possibly "we", would surely be killed for this. Nothing happened, but I bet the big dude had to do some scraping to get my friend's artwork off of his jacket.

Keep your hair out of my beer, or I might have to get a couple orders of onion rings (the older the better!!), and clear a mosh pit sized circle of space around me. DO NOT PROVOKE ME! :lol:

This thread is fuggin hilarious! :headbang: :kickass:

J-Dubya
LMFAO! :headbang: :kickass: :lol:

Something to the effect that he'd appreciate the sloppy drunks going to sit down to drink their beer so as to not spill it on him. Go figure...
That's too fucking much! lol Everyone should have already spilled some beer on themselves while pounding back a few! Then it doesn't matter, unless it is cheap beer that someone spilled on ya . I agree with J-Dubya about that one! :kickass: What was the guy wearing? A fuckin' tuxedo, that he was going to return!?! If beer hasn't been spilled on a metal band t-shirt...it hasn't been broken in yet! :headbang:

Sloppy drunks make the best air guitar players!!!

And just for the record, I too have seen them in every PP I've been to (since PPV). I mean the drunks, the air guitars and, unfortunately for my nose, the lethal farts of death. :zombie: I would smack them on their head with my air guitar if I found them.

Ok, I think I have this figured out......Perhaps the people being headbanged upon are the actual farters? What better way to say "dude/dudette, you're pissing me off..." than to let loose with some organic home grown toxic methane death?

<RobotChicken>
"And now, witness the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!!!"
</RobotChicken>

:lol: :lol:

<RobotChicken>
"And now, witness the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!!!"
</RobotChicken>

:lol: :lol:
:lol:
meatwad.jpg
<---"I gotta paper mill comin' outta mah butt."
...unfortunately for my nose, the lethal farts of death. :zombie: I would smack them on their head with my air guitar if I found them.
:lol: I'll join in and beat that Pedoro with my air bass too!

I had my glasses badly messed up at a Dream Theater concert.

I was actually debating carrying along my glasses to the venue each night for PPVIII. By the end of each night last year, my contacts were so fried that an entire gallon of eyedrops wouldn’t help. But after hearing this latest batch of horror stories, I suppose I’ll continue to leave the glasses back in the hotel room…

For all you conscious long-haired headbangers, I bring you (echo effect):

"The Metalhead's Headbanging Rasta Hat"

(TV sales person voice)
YES!!! FINALLY!!! A stylish, all-black Rasta hat that is the must have for all considerate, mild-mannered headbangers out there!!!

The Metalhead's Headbanging Rasta Hat is one-size-fits-all and it's also machine washable!!! Its' sturdy, rugged, all-cotton construction is guaranteed to keep every single strand of hair inside your hat and out of your neighbor's drinks, or your money back!!!

You will find The Metalhead's Headbanging Rasta Hat ONLY in PPVIII!!! Similar hats sell for well over $59.99, but through this special PPUSA Forum offer, The Metalhead's Headbanging Rasta Hat is yours for only $5.99!!!!! It makes the perfect gift for your unknown, obnoxious headbanging asshole neighbor that is bitch-slapping you in the face with his hair while you are trying to enjoy the show!!! Perfect for windmils!!!

Pre-order today!!!!

:rolleyes:

BUT WAIT....THERE'S MORE!!! Call now we are holding matching wristbands for you....FREE... yes that's FREE but only for the first 50 callers.. so call NOW!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that there is any unresolved
  • If you're a chick and have your purse there, hold up a brush. If they continue long enough, they won't have enough hair left to hit you. :zombie:

You know, I do carry a purse with a hairbrush in it at all times. I think I might just do that. :heh:

No, not really. But it's quite tempting. :lol:

A state of mind that does not belong in METAL!! If you can't handle what happens at a METAL show (every genre included).Then stay home put 7.1 surround sound system on high with SONATA ARCTICA and sit back relax, close your eyes and fuckin be a pussy!!!!!:OMG:

pussification(noun): the state in which a society becomes less and less tough. This noun's originator is the famous comedian George Carlin.

"We are undergoing a pussification of our entire society."

A state of mind that does not belong in METAL!! If you can't handle what happens at a METAL show (every genre included).Then stay home put 7.1 surround sound system on high with SONATA ARCTICA and sit back relax, close your eyes and fuckin be a pussy!!!!!:OMG:

pussification(noun): the state in which a society becomes less and less tough. This noun's originator is the famous comedian George Carlin.

"We are undergoing a pussification of our entire society."