Headliners Prediction

no idea, but i hope its *NOT* brainstorm

rhapsody and iced earth seem to be the strongest ones in mind, given the demand for them on the boards, but im always wrong on this stuff

what about the thought of pyramaze with newly acquired vocalist matt barlow for the pre-party?

I am going with Iced Earth and either Stratovarius or Helloween/Gamma Ray or even Blind Guardian.

As far as the Showcase goes, I'd go with Falconer as headliner, Leaves' Eyes next, Galneryus, and Engage out of Richmond, VA. I think Falconer could headline PP, but there seems to be many in the forums who doesn't think so, so let them get their feet wet at the Showcase and blow us away.

Avantasia and Nightwish

Sounds farfetched, but here's my reasoning: Tobia Sammet says Avantasia will tour in support of the Scarecrow for the first time. Since they will already be on tour and Glenn won't have to patch together singers and a band, it would be possible.

Glenn wanted Nightwish last year. With the success of Dark Passion Play, it would make sense to bring them in this year.

Just to poke a bit of realism in the thread..

Battlelore is a mid-level band at best.

Avantasia is the second headliner at Wacken (under Iron Maiden) and get paid as such. Needless to say, the budget at Wacken (along with the other European festivals they may possibly tour) is a bit larger than mine (and that doesn't count flights and visas).

No Nightwish. They are one of my favorite bands and the best guys/gal you will ever meet or work with. However, three tours in the U.S. within a year rules really diminished my interest.

Realistically it'll probably be Nocturnal Rites and Iced Earth. I can wish for Demons & Wizards and Nevermore :)

On a more interesting note Forbidden is back together...

And everyone knows the story about opinions. :Smug: (especially those Nevermore haters :lol:)

Yeah...some assholes are just better at it than others...Neveragain haters unite!!! :heh:

l mean...be realistic...you can go catch Neveragain at Jaxx with the 50 other people that will be there. l'd rather see a foreign band in the slots.

Nevermore hasnt toured the US since the In Flames tour and played Wacken and some other Euro Fests. Its time for a comeback :)

Can't see Symphony X getting the nod. Most people would have seen them on their tour a few months prior. Also don't see the band having battle or brain in its title. Not going to happen. I think some of these predictions are wishes more than realistic guesses.

I believe that both bands will be bands that most everyone has heard of. That just wasn't the case with some of these guesses. I am thinking Iced Earth, Nocturnal Rites or Rhapsody. I would think that at least one from that group will make the cut. Maybe there is a choice that no one is thinking of out there.

I had been thinking Iced Earth and Symphony X for awhile; however, I'd love to see a surprise Nevermore appearance, I can't possibly imagine the band doing anything but coming through for the festival if given one more chance to participate.

Jason

Okay, so.......

He said that one would "cement the PP name", i think i also remember that he said that this band that he spoke of was power metal.

Knowing that one is a returning band.....i would have to figure that a returning band would not be "cementing" anything.

So this means that one of the headliners is Power Metal, has never been to PP before, and will "cement the name" (which i guess means, there will be no doubts that they should headline and they are a defining act somewhere in the genre). So for this headliner who could it be?

I would have to say either Rhapsody, Helloween, Iced Earth (if they are considered Power Metal) or Hammerfall. These are the only one that fit the description that i can think of.

As for the second headliner....this is a returning band. We know that because he said there would be two returning bands and the only other thus far is JOP. He also said that it would be a Prog/Power band......now i don't know if when Glenn typed that he meant it was a progressive power metal band.....or did he just mean it as Prog....or....Power?

Assuming that he meant that it was a band that crossed over into both of these genres, the only bands that could fit that description (that are "so-called" headlining material) are Angra and Kamelot. I remember he stated that there would be no question that the two headliners were headliner material. So this counts out all those borderline returners that may be able to headline in another year out.

So unless some of the things that he stated are now outdated due to reasons unknown....i would say that the headliners will be two of those mentioned above.

I guess i will take a guess at it....i'll go with Rhapsody and Angra. :kickass:

I am picking Rhapsody because i kinda want them the most out of the four power metal options, and Angra because they have not toured the US regularly like Kamelot.

That's my guess and i'm sticking to it....unless i change my mind. :loco:

As much as I'd hate to see it .. actually it wouldn't be too bad since it'd be the last band of the night.. but no one has given any consideration to a return of Pain of Salvation for the prog side. I'd certainly feel they'd "cement" the progpower name in the prog department, and fit the returning band bill.

I'd suspect Iced Earth on the other side of the coin, Simply for all of the touring problems they've had in the past few years, and no tours that I can really think of recently in the USA. Both of these bands would be a big *yawn* for me, but I'm already sold on coming.