PP USA VII: Band #7 & #8 confirmed

SyXified said:
I'm sure this is a stupid question and I could find the answer if I scrolled around a bit... but I'll be lazy. Do we have 2 headliners and 2 opening slots left, or do we have 4 'headliners' (the top 4 slots) left?

You are lazy.

Just the two headliners.

metalsped said:
I am the complete opposite. This is one of the most exciting! :headbang:

this lineup is nowhere even near as good as last 2 years, hopefully it gets back on track next year...

Wow, this thread definitely shows the division of taste of people on this board. I am FREAKING GOING CRAZY... friday -alone- is worth the ticket for me. I'm no FK fanboy.. but SC and Merc has been playing on my ipod consistently for awhile :p. And ever since I got ahold of Pyramaze - Souls in Pain.. I'm sure I've listened to that 30+ times, lol.

Mercenary is like a headliner to me. Its going to rock so much!

not to play devils advocate here or anything, because I think Ascention or whatever is being kind of a dick... but

The thing is, as I admitted Pink Cream 69 was just not my style, but their performance was professional and solid. I can see that Orphaned Land probably just wasn't your cup of tea either, but to call their performance lackluster is just a mistake on your part.

Honestly, he can say the performance was lackluster.. personally, while everyone will call me crazy, I thought POS during progpower 5 was a fucking waste of space. Their performance was chalked up to one of the worst 2 hours I've ever spent at a concert, and I would have called their performance far beyond lackluster.

However, I know other people enjoyed them, so we who didn't quietly mocked them behind their back. Point is, what is mind blowing to a lot of people is just a waste of time to others.

*shrug*

anyway, back to the happy! :D

Harvester said:
I honestly don't think that it matters if I announce bands now or four weeks from now at this point in the festival's career. I just hope you folks help me get the word out when tickets do go on sale in April.

Mercenary & Vision Divine are confirmed.

Glenn H.

Damn, I thought maybe you were getting senile and thinking maybe it was March already:D

Of course we'll help get the word out! That's what we do!
(besides bitch about the line-up, & catagorizing the bands!} :tickled:

J-Dubya

MetalAges said:
Funny thing is, I think Freak Kitchen is one of the bands people will come away this year saying, "What the hell just happened!?" - I can't wait to see IA on the guitar if ANYthing!

You got that shit right Deron! :D
Also, I think FK is one of those bands that defies labels. There is SUCH a wide variety of music in their catalog. I challenege anybody to listen to "Silence!" or "Ugly Side Of Me" and label them as just melodic metal, or
"bubble gum, pop". I really think the band is truly a "progressive" metal act, and a wonderful fit for this festival. Guitar players beware, you will have your asses handed to you in a plastic bag after their set.......Oh yeah, bring earplugs, I understand they're pretty loud too.......:D

J-Dubya

The final two bands will tell if i will make the trip. last years fest was my first, I could not resist the lineup!!! This year Mercenary, Freak kitchen are the two bands that give me a buzz. Also discovered Pyramaze!!! The rest of the bands dont do anything for me. So im really waiting for the headliner for Sun. to make my decision. Unless of course Rage makes the cut for sat.:hotjump:

shutup ascension. eat everyone's balls you fucking hater. you're preaching to the wrong crowd. why should glenn listen to one guy out of 100. im sure it will bounce up to 3 or 4 eventually, but it happens every year. hurry up and announce the headliners so these fools can have their say and be gone til next year

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
Oh and Glen,did you put a clause in the contract for VD that their singer cannot come out on stage with tiger striped pajamas(like the last time you had a band come over from Italy)
I liked Secret Spere's set,but Ramon was visually disturbing that night

dude i think that was one of the only times i ever didn't look at a vocalist through a band's whole set. they looked like tights to me, but whatever they were, ick. killer set they put on though though

Mercenary! Excellent! I haven't even heard the others.. what kind of fan am I anyway? :erk: :lol:

Thanks for another killer announcement Glenn! You must love all these replies - so many wonderful comments.

I'll get my Morgana Lefay fix at PowerFest so I'm hoping for the headliners to be GammaRay and Evergrey *crosses fingers* I'll accept Iron Saviour as a worthy runner-up.

Ascension said:
I do post on DT's board. Angra...I have read alot of your posts & have respect for alot that you have had to say. You like Orphaned Land? To each his own...they're not for me and alot of others I've seen posts from. As I said earlier...opinions vary. No whining...again...an opinion. Stupid comment? Just stating the obvious.

I dont know man, to me a lot of talent is needed in order to come up with music like that...

Sorry if I came out as rude, you have my apologies. You are right, to each their own.

What is this?! One of the bands that I requested on one of the threads before!?!?!!

VISION DIVINE?!?!?!!!!!?!?!???!!!!??!!???

Thank you soooo MUCH Glennnnnnn!!!! I LOVE THEM!! Wow!! And Epicaaaaaaaaa :yell:

Last year my first progpower and now my second seems will be better!!!! (with the exception of last year I was able to see and meet Khan for the first time.. :OMG: )

mmm... WOOW !!!!!

I was in work when I heard this INCREDIBLE news !! :oops: :worship:

Empress said:
What is this?! One of the bands that I requested on one of the threads before!?!?!!

VISION DIVINE?!?!?!!!!!?!?!???!!!!??!!???

Thank you soooo MUCH Glennnnnnn!!!! I LOVE THEM!! Wow!! And Epicaaaaaaaaa :yell:

Last year my first progpower and now my second seems will be better!!!! (with the exception of last year I was able to see and meet Khan for the first time.. :OMG: )

mmm... WOOW !!!!!

I was in work when I heard this INCREDIBLE news !! :oops: :worship:
LOL,I was THIS close to calling you about this
BTW,you like Vision Divine,
Secret Spere is almost exactly like these guys

Rider of Theli said:
...The other band I regret missing from #4 is Pagan's Mind.

*prays for Pagan's Mind in a headliner spot!*

:worship:

hey, they have enough material already, with a new album due this year. It could happen.
I 2nd that! Although I did attend PPIV, we missed them due to getting back late on Saturday (got lost in Atlanta, trying to get back to the RI, after visiting in Dalonega in the afternoon). I'd be really great if Glenn would make that happen this year!

Mercenary... AWESOME... I was hoping for them. As for Vision Divine... good band, but I was hoping Labyrinth would be available instead. :)