PP USA VII: Band #5 confirmed

A few of us have been hoping to see FK at PPUSA since the first PPUSA in IL..kickass, Glenn, you just made my year!

*crosses fingers that FK won't play while I'm sitting at the raffle table* :lol:

I hope their sound is different from the album I have, because I didn't particularly like it...the one with Mussolini mind on it, whichever that is. It might be the first third slot band I haven't been pumped about, but I know lots of others will. It seems like Glenn is looking at all the repetitive threads like "FK for PP?!" and "Get PYRAMAZE!" and actually doing it :p

I'll give them a fair shot though, since Glenn has seen fit to bring them. Any album recommendations?

FK, huh? Never heard their music, but I've seen their name come up a lot on the forum. I just checked out the PP bio page, and see they have 6 albums. I've never heard anything from FK, Wastefall, or Epica, so it looks like I have some work to do to prep for this year!

Steve in Phily

Mp3s are available in the audio section. I'd also recommend checking out the videos on the website.

For those unaware, that is Bumblefoot doing guest vocals & a bit of guitar soloing on "Speak When Spoken To." (credit Deron for the heads up).

Glenn H.

I'm guessing oddball? Never heard these guys before but I see people mention and pray for them here all the time to play. So those people will be like :OMG:

That song sounds like something my local Clearchannel station -might- play being that clearchannel radio in Florida sucks. I thought it was ok, have to give some more songs a listen to. If I had to judge them off that one song I can honestly say I'm suprised to see them on this kinda bill. :loco:

It's a catchy song and it appeals to the rocker in me. And was it just me or during one verse did the singer sound like Weird Al?

Wow, this just made the festival for me! For those who haven't heard Freak Kitchen, it's time for you to do some homework: three of my favorite albums are Spanking Hour, Move, and the latest one, Organic.

I was fortunate enough to catch them at the Sweden Rock Festival last summer and my jaw was dropping - excellent musicianship, witty, humorous lyrics, and great stage presence. To top it all off, IA played an amazing guitar solo with chopsticks, and then later in the show with an actual bull's penis! Now that's entertainment! :) If there was ONE band I wanted to see at ProgPower, it is these guys. Thanks Glenn!

Pat

Abba said:
Wow, this just made the festival for me! For those who haven't heard Freak Kitchen, it's time for you to do some homework: three of my favorite albums are Spanking Hour, Move, and the latest one, Organic.

I was fortunate enough to catch them at the Sweden Rock Festival last summer and my jaw was dropping - excellent musicianship, witty, humorous lyrics, and great stage presence. To top it all off, IA played an amazing guitar solo with chopsticks, and then later in the show with an actual bull's penis! Now that's entertainment! :) If there was ONE band I wanted to see at ProgPower, it is these guys. Thanks Glenn!

Pat
Uh, I'm hoping he can't get the bull penis through customs...:erk:

*GUITAR BONER*

This rules. Now I just need to buy a bunch more of their CDs. Mattias is frickin' amazing though. Similarly waiting for Jay-Dub to see this and crap himself.