ProgPower USA VII: Two Bands Confirmed

Andy Laudano said:
Why would you think "no" to FireWind and Thunderstone? I think both are very possible and have as good a chance as anyone else. I know Gus knows about PP and would definitely love to play the fest.

Because Glenn has the final say in who plays and who doesn't and I know he doesn't really care much for Firewind. Me? I would have loved to see Firewind with Chitty on vox. Now that he's gone, I'm not so sure. Depends on who they get to replace him I guess.

Andy Laudano said:
As for Gamma Ray, my first PP was IV so I haven't been there or done that yet and would LOVE to have the opportunity to see the legendary Kai Hansen play! I REALLY hope they're one of the returning bands!

Oh, it's not beyond possibility. It's just that there are so many other top tier metal bands which haven't been to the USA at all yet...much less PPUSA. But Glenn has surprised me more than once with the bands he brings back. So who knows? I guess we'll all wait and see.

am_ash2 said:
This sponsorship WON'T be up for sale ~ Never did hear about how last year was- drop me a line some time.

Metal Rose- you didn't miss me (believe me, you'd remember). Hubby lost his job shortly before PP and we sadly had to cancel. Not this year though!!!

*Whew!* Glad I didn't just space you out. LOL. I was in such a haze last year that I spaced a LOT of things... including some people I had met. Now I don't feel like such an idiot.

Was kind of hoping to have some more beers by the Fairfield pool again. Guess that won't happen! :(

So hell yeah! I cannot wait to see you all!

-Metal

:hotjump:
Harvester said:
I would consider checking my audio section for two mp3s from their last disc. Let me also add that I better not hear any "where's the prog?" questions from the masses this year based on that pick alone.

cheers,

Glenn H.

After the last three years, how could anyone question you?!!!!! 2006 is going to be a great Fluckin' Prog Year!!!:worship:

PP VI - Sampler:headbang:

Harvester said:
Thanks. I'm just getting warmed up. While these two have excited the core audience here, the next two will get several other forums pumped.

Glenn H.

My money is on a Temptations reunion as the one band that breaks one of the rules. LOL:D

Savatage - All of it!

High quality bands, although not my cup of tea. I said that after last year's first announcement though(Therion) and by the time the lineup was finished I just had to have a ticket.

MeTuLHeD said:
Because Glenn has the final say in who plays and who doesn't and I know he doesn't really care much for Firewind. Me? I would have loved to see Firewind with Chitty on vox. Now that he's gone, I'm not so sure. Depends on who they get to replace him I guess.

Oh, it's not beyond possibility. It's just that there are so many other top tier metal bands which haven't been to the USA at all yet...much less PPUSA. But Glenn has surprised me more than once with the bands he brings back. So who knows? I guess we'll all wait and see.

Didn't realize Glenn didn't like FireWind. If that's true, that's too bad. I'd love to see Gus play live. I thought their last album was really good. Too bad about Chitty. Hopefully their new singer will be as good.

What about Thunderstone? What makes you think they won't play?

As for "top tier" metal bands that haven't been to the USA at all, there really aren't that many left. There was a couple of big threads about returning bands because of this and the stage times being changed this year also reflects this. There are plenty of second and third tier bands around that haven't, but the top tier headliners are in short demand without repeats. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Gamma Ray!

Andy Laudano said:
Didn't realize Glenn didn't like FireWind. If that's true, that's too bad. I'd love to see Gus play live. I thought their last album was really good. Too bad about Chitty. Hopefully their new singer will be as good.

What about Thunderstone? What makes you think they won't play?

As for "top tier" metal bands that haven't been to the USA at all, there really aren't that many left. There was a couple of big threads about returning bands because of this and the stage times being changed this year also reflects this. There are plenty of second and third tier bands around that haven't, but the top tier headliners are in short demand without repeats. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Gamma Ray!

Yeap that is to bad. I think FIREWIND absolutely crushes, especially "Forged By Fire". Would LOVE to see Gus at Prog Power.

Thankfully Firewind is playing ProgPower UK, and I have my platinum passes. :headbang:

Andy Laudano said:
Didn't realize Glenn didn't like FireWind. I!

It's not that I dislike Firewind. The problem I have with booking them is the constant change in vocalists. This is the second time I have considered them and both times they didn't have a proven vocalist. By that, I mean an album out with the new vocalist that has proven to be popular with the crowd. The only time that has happened in the history of the festival is when Gus took over for Adagio and I had booked them already with the intent of David performing.

On the flip side, I am *not* a fan of Dream Evil.

Glenn H.

and then Therion proceeded to amaze even the haughtiest of naysayers, eh?

Nope. They were about what I expected. Tolerable enough to sit through the whole set, but I was sort of tapping my fingers and checking my watch because I came to see Stratovarius.

lee drummond said:
please let there be some female fronted bands this year. like Within Temptation, Visions of Atlantis, Lunatica, or maybe Nightwish

You left all of the better ones out... LOL :D

After Forever, Stream of Passion and Epica!!!