ProgPower USA VII: Two Bands Confirmed

The band that should be playing is Scariot. I just picked up their last album (the one with the dude from Communic singing) and I can't get it out of my cd player. Now that Oyvind is singing, all the more reason to bring 'em over! I think they'd go over well with this crowd.

Kevin

lee drummond said:
please let there be some female fronted bands this year. like Within Temptation, Visions of Atlantis, Lunatica, or maybe Nightwish
The only bands off your list that has any chance of being there is VISIONS OF ATLANTIS or LUNATICA. Within Temptation is a big no go, and NIGHTWISH still does no have a new singer and according to my source in the band, they are just relaxing and taking it easy until sometime in Fed or Mar. Marco is doing alot of stuff with TAROT(possible for PPVII) Tuomas is writing, and JUKKA is enjoying his new son, so NIGHTWISH is a no-go for this year as it stands now.

So Mr. Glenn can we expect another announcement on Monday or Tuesday with two more bands for PPVII?????? I am hoping beyond hope you will announce two more.

not a bad start, but not enough to draw me (and my ltd funds for these things) in thus far.

Wastefall reminds as much if not more of Superior actually. The singer at times sounds nearly identical to Michael Tangermann. Its funny, but on their new cd I like the 2 tracks on the bonus disc more than most of the ones on the album, lol.

Pyramaze, i liked the sampler they handed out at PP 3 and the Fates Warning cover they did on the FW tribute album.

The thing I haven't read enough about tho is no American Bands due to booking so many others?..I thought here was a big push for Enchant this year? :confused:

Kyle

Pyramaze51 said:
The only bands off your list that has any chance of being there is VISIONS OF ATLANTIS or LUNATICA. Within Temptation is a big no go, and NIGHTWISH still does no have a new singer and according to my source in the band, they are just relaxing and taking it easy until sometime in Fed or Mar. Marco is doing alot of stuff with TAROT(possible for PPVII) Tuomas is writing, and JUKKA is enjoying his new son, so NIGHTWISH is a no-go for this year as it stands now.

Yeah I just put WT and NW down 'cause they're awesome anyway VoA or Lunatica would be enought to draw me.

Soundscape said:
Pyramaze, i liked the sampler they handed out at PP 3 and the Fates Warning cover they did on the FW tribute album.

Yeah me too ... that sampler was awesome, and the FW cover they did was out of this world ......

ehhhhhhh - come again?!?!

By PP3 Pyramaze wasn't even existing and they never did any FW cover.

c.

Claus / Intromental said:
ehhhhhhh - come again?!?!

By PP3 Pyramaze wasn't even existing and they never did any FW cover.

c.

Well PPIII took place Nov. 15-16, 2002. And the Pyramaze bio has them forming in 2002. I don't know anything about the FW cover, but it seems to me that they existed at the time of PPIII, or something isnt adding up.

Harvester said:
It's not that I dislike Firewind. The problem I have with booking them is the constant change in vocalists. This is the second time I have considered them and both times they didn't have a proven vocalist. By that, I mean an album out with the new vocalist that has proven to be popular with the crowd. The only time that has happened in the history of the festival is when Gus took over for Adagio and I had booked them already with the intent of David performing. Glenn H.

That makes perfect sense. Hopefully Gus can get a good new singer and keep it together and maybe we'll see FirWind play PP one year.

As for Dream Evil I can understand that. I really liked their first album - Gus was awesome and Niklas has one of the best voices I'd heard in a while. The next album was all right but by the third they sounded more like a parody of a metal band. The Book of Heavy Metal was 100% pure cheese (and I usually like cheese!)

rockyracoon said:
Well PPIII took place Nov. 15-16, 2002. And the Pyramaze bio has them forming in 2002. I don't know anything about the FW cover, but it seems to me that they existed at the time of PPIII, or something isnt adding up.

Ok, I was just making a sarcastic comment about the fact that someone heard a demo in 2002. The band didn't name themselves Pyramaze until late 2003 after I had signed them to Intromental - before that it was just "Michael Kammeyer Project" :)

And no - they didn't perform on any FW tribute either. I'm not even sure if Michael likes FW at all.

c.

Fates Warning...i'd love to see them at progpower.
i dont know much about progpower's history so if there is some reason why they've never played and possibly never will, then plz excuse my iggnorance lol.

Dunno how Glenn (or anyone else) feels about these guys - and I'm donning my asbestos long johns just in case but - here is a band with some vaired tunes, if ya like harmonies and catchy pop stuff - but...........
A reunited Enuff Z'nuff :)
Let the flames fly
<ducking and diving>
manowarfan1

Pyramaze is a great opener for the fest. Wastefall has also given me a pretty good 1st impression. They will be interesting to see.

I really would enjoy seeing Thunderstone and Masterplan at PPVII. And how would Pagan's Mind classify as a #2 band? They could easily be a 4th slot band.