ProgPower USA VII: Two Bands Confirmed

manowarfan1 said:
Dunno how Glenn (or anyone else) feels about these guys - and I'm donning my asbestos long johns just in case but - here is a band with some vaired tunes, if ya like harmonies and catchy pop stuff - but...........
A reunited Enuff Z'nuff :)
Let the flames fly
<ducking and diving>
manowarfan1

NO WAY! :yuk:
A whiny band like Enuff Z'nuff would be a HUGE melanoma on the ass of this festival. IMO, they are a bunch of talentless hacks who couldn't deliver anything close enough to hard rock to deserve a chance to play at it.
I'll definately sponsor them to NEVER play the festival, or buy them a big bag of heroin, whichever is cheaper... :puke:

I'll wait for WhoFooledYou's response on this......we have a history of debating the air breathing worthiness of this band......:D

J-Dubya - I'd rather sit through a 4 hour washboard/thimble tribute to PoS......and I'm SERIOUS!!!!!

J-Dubya - I'd rather sit through a 4 hour washboard/thimble tribute to PoS......and I'm SERIOUS!!!!!

LOL - somewhere right now someone is hard at work at making this a reality, I just know it :)

OK then The WiLDHEARTS reuinion for PPVIII - and I will take a wait and see approach to the EZN vs Washboard/thimble thingy. Hey - I'm openminded - they may RAWK the house :)

manowarfan1

How bout a BLACK OAK ARKANSAS reunion, hehehehehe i mean they were one of the first truly guitar oriented bands, and if they could get Tommy Aldrich back on drums. Just kidding guys, but i would love to see a LOST HORIZON reunion.

manowarfan1 said:

LOL - somewhere right now someone is hard at work at making this a reality, I just know it :)

Giggle, maybe we could get the person that did the Metallica St. Anger parody to record it!

manowarfan1 said:

OK then The WiLDHEARTS reuinion for PPVIII - and I will take a wait and see approach to the EZN vs Washboard/thimble thingy. Hey - I'm openminded - they may RAWK the house :)

manowarfan1

I'm pretty open minded too, but I've had to sit through their sets on more than a few occasions when they were opening for other bands in the Chicago area. They made me violent! :Spin:

J-Dubya

Hey isn't Violent J (Dubya) one of the guys from ICP ;-) I can definitely see not digging EZN as an opening band. I have seen them in small clubs when they were headlining/on their own and weren't trying to cram 30-40 of "hits" into a set and they were actually really good. Their last few albums had a lot of variety on them - not waht I would have expected after the first album (the one with 2 songs that most people heard). Plus, anyone who apes harmonies like the Beatles can't be all bad :)

Now - the big question is, will Glen make an exception and allow bootlegging of the thimble/washboard POS tribute band. I think this is a once in a lifetime opprotunity - maybe it could just be officially release :)

Oh, just came back from Meida Play at lunch - as they are closing up shop - what they have left is all 40-60% off of their normally (high) prices. I did manage to pick up Pagans MInd, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, and a couple of other cds for about 7.49 each and the nightwish dvd for 8 or 9. Some good (cheezy) horror flicks for 40 or 50% off too and a couple of computer programs. Just in case anyone has a Media Play nearby - oh and they had a bazillion copies of Scott Stapp's new solo record. He was listed under every letter from A-Z lol.

manowarfan1

manowarfan1 said:
Dunno how Glenn (or anyone else) feels about these guys - and I'm donning my asbestos long johns just in case but - here is a band with some vaired tunes, if ya like harmonies and catchy pop stuff - but...........
A reunited Enuff Z'nuff :)
Let the flames fly
<ducking and diving>
manowarfan1

I love most 80's hard rock/metal bands. I love harmonies and catchy songs, but I couldn't stand Enuff Z'Nuff, mainly because of the lead singers nasally voice. He sounded like he sang through his nose! That said, I saw them a year or so ago in a small club opening up for Mike Tramp's White Lion and they weren't as bad as I expected, mainly because they didn't still have that annoying singer. Definately NOT PPUSA material though.

There are SO many better melodic hard rock acts that would be a better fit - especially Gotthard, Jaded Heart or TNT.

Pyramaze51 said:
How bout a BLACK OAK ARKANSAS reunion, hehehehehe i mean they were one of the first truly guitar oriented bands, and if they could get Tommy Aldrich back on drums. Just kidding guys, but i would love to see a LOST HORIZON reunion.

Yeah, I might've said it in another thread, but I'd looooove a LH reunion.

I checked out the website last Monday to see no updates. Usually, I only look at this site once a week. If it wasn't for my friend's timing when I was visiting her last Wednesday, I wouldn't have found out about this announcement until now. I definitely dig Pyramaze, and I think they'll kick off the show perfectly. I'm on the fence when it comes to Wastefall. At times, they remind me of Pain Of Salvation. However, their songs lack the tightness in structure of those written by Gildenlow. They also tend to get a little "bouncy." I think I'll have to see their performance before I make up my mind about them. Glenn, do you plan on making your next announcement as scheduled (I would guess the second week of February, since you were supposed to announce the first two bands in the first week), or are you pushing the announcements up? Personally, I think it's too early to be posting anything about this year's show. For corn's sake, it hasn't even been four months since the last show!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al said:
Glenn, do you plan on making your next announcement as scheduled (I would guess the second week of February, since you were supposed to announce the first two bands in the first week), or are you pushing the announcements up? Personally, I think it's too early to be posting anything about this year's show. For corn's sake, it hasn't even been four months since the last show!

There is no schedule this year. It's whenever I feel it's appropriate. I will say that as of today, I'm only 3 weeks ahead of last year's schedule as the first names were released the first week of February.

Changing things up a bit helps keep people on their toes.

Glenn H.

Soundscape said:
ahh you're right..P-R-Y-M-A-R-Y and P-Y-R-A-M-A-Z-E don't look too different..my bad. I know I spoke with guys from Pyramaze at PP V..but it was PRYMARY on the FW tribute album..sorry..forgot :p ;)

Kyle

I sure hope you didn't speak to them about their FW tribute ;)

FatesFan said:
when will the next reveal of bands be?

Here you go:
Harvester said:
There is no schedule this year. It's whenever I feel it's appropriate. I will say that as of today, I'm only 3 weeks ahead of last year's schedule as the first names were released the first week of February.

Changing things up a bit helps keep people on their toes.

Glenn H.