PP V picture thread

Havermout said:
Was looking for that one too, but just a bit above budget, finally got the Nikkor 80-200 2.8 D today. The first gig to give it a try is next week during the NoVact CD release party, can't wait for the next Festival tho (probably Headway) since most of the venues won't allow camera's during regular gigs like mine, unless you're working for a magazine or so.

Henk
Cool Henk, if you get to take some concert shots soon with that setup be sure and post something here or over on DPReview (don't see too many concert pics over there). I too have upgraded my glass and even sent my D70 in for backfocus calibration in the last few months, but now with the new security policies I'm wondering if bringing this kind of gear is even going to be an option for PP6. (I hope so, I only have one camera).

Jeff

jkohn said:
Cool Henk, if you get to take some concert shots soon with that setup be sure and post something here or over on DPReview (don't see too many concert pics over there). I too have upgraded my glass and even sent my D70 in for backfocus calibration in the last few months, but now with the new security policies I'm wondering if bringing this kind of gear is even going to be an option for PP6. (I hope so, I only have one camera).

Jeff

Last night there was the CD-release party of the new album for NovAct at a small venue here in Holland where i could give the new lens a try. Unfortunately the light conditions on stage were very poor. Even with this new lens it was extremely hard to get some decent shots. At 1600 iso, aperture of 2.8, the best shutter release i noticed in all of the +100 shots i took was 1/40, most of the pics had 1/30 to 1/8 and didn't turned out to be good enough for publishing. The very few who did turn out nice can be found at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~havermou/images/NovAct/

two shots from the supporting act 7th circle and the rest of NovAct. Some good gigs are coming up in April in a venue not far from my place where i can bring my camera with me without any problems (Kamelot, Porcupine Tree, Pain of Salvation) so let's see if these turn out much better. Next week we get to see Nightwish and After Forever, but that venue won't allow me to bring me my camera :-(

Let me promise i manage to get my redesigned webpage online with updated pics before the mentioned gigs in April ;)

Henk

Henk what kind of camera are you using again? I am getting a better one later this eyar and I like your pics, they are crystal clear.

Bear

Bear said:
Henk what kind of camera are you using again? I am getting a better one later this eyar and I like your pics, they are crystal clear.

Bear

Bear,

I have the Nikon D70 (digital SLR). Don't think you're into this kind of camera, especially not with the lens i got last week (the one i took the shots with last night), i'm carrying almost 2kg. (4 pounds) of gear with me.....i can imagine you'd prefer a compact camera ;)

*sigh* I'm still hungering for a D70.

Maybe I'll drop by BrandSmart USA* tomorrow and just....hold one for a while.

-=-=-=-=-=-
* new electronics big-box store here in Atlanta; dunno if they're anywhere else...

Pellaz said:
*sigh* I'm still hungering for a D70.

Maybe I'll drop by BrandSmart USA* tomorrow and just....hold one for a while.

-=-=-=-=-=-
* new electronics big-box store here in Atlanta; dunno if they're anywhere else...

Hahahaha.... that was funny. I do that with stuff I want too. Especially at the jewelry store :Spin: