The no digital camera rule.....

lady_space said:
I think a band that's going to be that anal about the *possibility* of being bootlegged might ought to re-think playing live or even recording CDs. I mean, those can be copied. :p

Quoted for truth.

Bryant said:
It pisses me off that "he" decides to punish John for something Jeff does.

Dude, welcome to life. I learned that lesson in 2nd grade as did everyone else - there's 2 or 3 other kids goofing off, and then the whole class gets stuck writing "I will raise my hand before I speak" 100 times.

There will always be somone ruining something for the rest of us.

This is probably stating the obvious, but the problem seems to be with digital cameras being inside the ampitheater itself. Not in the vinyl club or the lobby.

A good deal of photos are probably taken in the lobby and the Vinyl Club (mugging with band members, pictures with friends, etc).

So if there could be a way to allow the digital cameras into the Vinyl Club and the lobby, but not the theater itself, that might a good compromise. People could shoot as many pictures as their memory cards can hold with friends, etc and save the 35 mm for the stage.

This would require searches at the theater doors and a table maybe to “coat check” the cameras during the band sets (or of course, people running out to their car).

This is probably too much hassle. And of course most people probably care more about getting pictures of the show than offstage. But it is a suggestion.

That sounds like hassle city to me, and it sounds like it would be very hard to enforce keeping people from having digital cameras in the Amphitheater if they were allowed in the lobby.

At PPIII I did not have a digital camera and other than the Pain of Salvation pics, everything else came out pretty darn good. And the camera wasn't all that fancy. The only catch is, if you want decent pics, you gotta get on the floor. That's all.

35 mm cameras take better pictures anyway.

Bear said:
Glenn has the final say,bottom line. Cry a River, Build a bridge, get over it :)

Amen. What a bunch of whiny babies. Geez. OBVIOUSLY people are still going to try to bootleg the show. People are morons. I think we prove that on this board on a daily basis. Glenn is just trying to minimize it as much as possible from year to year.

Maybe Bryant will be able to snag a bootleg of the show next year to watch at home :Smug:

Force10 said:
Dude, welcome to life. I learned that lesson in 2nd grade as did everyone else - there's 2 or 3 other kids goofing off, and then the whole class gets stuck writing "I will raise my hand before I speak" 100 times.

There will always be somone ruining something for the rest of us.

I 100% agree with you. There's always a dumbass in every crowd that has to been seen, heard, cause a problem, or totally ruin things for everyone else. This is a prime example of that. I hate to see the digital camera thing go, but I can understand why it has to be done.

IMO, they'll always be tech geeks out there one step ahead of us normal people no matter what is done about the problem.

Glenn, maybe you should look into hiring one or two of these types of people that are excelled in this stuff to strictly look for it during the festival. You know, kind of like the idea of it takes one to know one. Those people should know what type of things to look for. It's a simple idea, but it might prove to be the most effective. I'm talking about people that's really knowledgable about technology, particularly cameras, etc.

Never been much of a picture taker to begin with so I really do not understand what all the bitching is about. I am there to enjoy the show, the people and anything else, is a distraction.

Though, I understand pics are cool for many people and the occasional pic with a friend is always fun but if non-digital technology is not good enough, well, too bad.

If it were me I would ban all cameras...and cell phones.....the easier the better....but that is just me.

King Lek said:
If it were me I would ban all cameras...and cell phones.....the easier the better....but that is just me.

You're just saying that because your cell phone doesn't work in Atlanta anyway. Hellooooooooooo straight to voicemail! :loco:

Bad Girl Tess said:
You're just saying that because your cell phone doesn't work in Atlanta anyway. Hellooooooooooo straight to voicemail! :loco:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

metalsped said:
There are far more tactful ways of getting your message across. I thought we were all adults here, and were able to convey thoughts without swearing... guess not. If Glenn decides its so, its so. Hell, if he told everyone that all males in attendace had to bring a pink purse, you better believe Id be at the store the next day shopping for one. Its his show, and his rules. Don't like it? Lump it.

Edit: Lol, well I guess I type slow. Looks like its been taken care of.

A pink purse? but I thought bags were not allowed:loco:

I'm not one to kiss Glenn's or anyone else's ass but that guy went too far.