This coming Monday's...

wayland smithers said:
Ok, I'll give ya that when it comes to the faster songs they have become repetitive, especially on both Elements. But as far as lyrical content they are not cheese at all, like I said maybe when it comes to a few tracks on both Elements. But the stuff on Episode, Visions, and Destiny is fantastic, the repition came afterwards. Fourth Dimension and Dreamscape are rather interesting and do not follow too much of a formula.

I agree, I don't see how Strato can be considered cheese in the same vein as bands like Rhapsody, Dragonforce, Holy Knights, etc. They have a small dosage of cheese but like Smithers said just a few dabs of stuff on the Elements albums but for the most part Strato is grade A meat and does not reside in the cheese department.

TheGraveDigger said:
I agree, I don't see how Strato can be considered cheese in the same vein as bands like Rhapsody, Dragonforce, Holy Knights, etc. They have a small dosage of cheese but like Smithers said just a few dabs of stuff on the Elements albums but for the most part Strato is grade A meat and does not reside in the cheese department.

I stand sorta corrected... some cheese but i'd say more like Grade B ground chuck...

Rhapsody or Dragonforce are a sharp cheddar. Whereas Strato is something more mild, like a colby-jack, but make no mistake it is still cheese.

TheWhisper said:
Rhapsody or Dragonforce are a sharp cheddar. Whereas Strato is something more mild, like a colby-jack, but make no mistake it is still cheese.

Wow, you have the power of metaphor! Behold! :D

However, in deference to the apparent force of Strato fans here (and having a strong sens of self-preservation as I do), I will withold the cheese-based description I gave of them at another forum. Suffice it to say, I think they're cheesy from what I've heard of them, and the soap-opera antics only added to that impression. But entertainment comes in many forms.

Shaye

DGM would probably make most people say, "WTF does that stand for?!" DGM is quite good but not well known - all criteria for a 3 slot.

I'll have to buy a foam cheesehead to bring with me if Rhapsody ends up playing in any of the slots.

lady_space said:
Wow, you have the power of metaphor! Behold! :D

However, in deference to the apparent force of Strato fans here (and having a strong sens of self-preservation as I do), I will withold the cheese-based description I gave of them at another forum. Suffice it to say, I think they're cheesy from what I've heard of them, and the soap-opera antics only added to that impression. But entertainment comes in many forms.

Shaye
All hail the Templar Knight of Metaphor :worship:

A little cheese is always good, but please remember what happens if you have too much of it - you could get all bound up... :erk: Maybe if Rhapsody does play on the bill, along with the Strato boys, Glenn might include some laxtives in the gift bags this year.

Oh, by the way, Manowar would be the Velveeta of cheese metal. :D

The Fiddler said:
DGM would probably make most people say, "WTF does that stand for?!" DGM is quite good but not well known - all criteria for a 3 slot.

I'll have to buy a foam cheesehead to bring with me if Rhapsody ends up playing in any of the slots.

DGM would make me VERY happy indeed. I'm crossing my fingers.......

:p