The next two are....

oh i didnt know opeth was considered. Yingwie would certainly fit. They are playing in a lot of festivals in europe. Although hearing to 15 min of a guitar solo is not the reason of me getting in a plane to atlanta!

Harvester said:
Sorry. No Opeth. The final four fall under the strictly traditional prog/power category with clean, melodic vocals.

Glenn H.

I HAVE RENEWED FAITH! :D KNOCK ME OUT GLEN! :loco:

Harvester said:
Sorry. No Opeth. The final four fall under the strictly traditional prog/power category with clean, melodic vocals.

Glenn H.

Ala be praised! I can now have a slurppy and relax! Thank you Glenn for throwin' the Proggers a bone. I think some of us needed to hear that. I know how exciting it is for everyone to see their favorite bands, but its hard to be the last announced. Plus I'm a selfish bastardo! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Which is what I kinda expected, with two bands with some growling components -- Orphaned Land and Therion -- in the mix this year. And both excellent choices, of course. :worship:

Only bad news we can glean from this is....no Mercenary. :yell:

Barking Pumpkin said:
I think the whole thing is being overblown. I haven't seen anyone being overly negative. In fact, the only annoying negative comment was the one yelling at the disappointed people.

I'm excited at the chance to see all the US debut bands, and I'm sure they're great, it's just hard to get excited over bands I don't know.

well, I will admit to being naturally a more brutal metal fan but in this type of fest I lean towards the prog side. I will admit to not knowing alot of the bands over the last two years that I went plus a few more this year. I knew sym x, evergrey, and nightwish. Last year, I knew tad morose, brainstorm, and pain of salvation.

Did I complain that I didn't know various bands? No, I went and I did some research. Guess what, I found alot of new bands that are now part of my cd collection.

Orphaned land is going to surprise and amaze many people

I understand that....and I'm researching the bands. I'm confident that Glenn picked great bands. I haven't complained. I'm just saying that people who are fans of the band can't expect for people who don't know the band to be ecstatic over the announcement.

....and I don't think anyone's complaining. It's a thread about the next two bands, and so people post their initial reactions to the announcement. It doesn't mean they're not excited about the festival, it's just their feelings about the announcement.

I just thought of this...What if Midnight was to headline Friday night and brought along some friends ;)
Much like Jon Oliva did last year...
And then it might turn into a Crimson Glory reunion with all or some of the original members :cool:

Midnight's new CD is supposed to be out this Spring...Just a thought...
:headbang: