This coming Monday's...

Kez said:
DGM would make me VERY happy indeed. I'm crossing my fingers.......

:p

I'd also be quite happy with this, although I don't particularly like their new on all that much. I absolutely love Hidden Place though, and I would expect that they would play a lot of cuts from that disc if they did come to Prog Power. I think of DGM as more of a #2, but they have a handful of discs, and I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to see them in a 3 spot. As for the other 3 spot I'd like to hear Glenn announce Mystic Prophecy. I think they could whip a crowd into a frenzy much like Tad Morose, and Brainstorm did last year. Ideally I'd like to see Mystic Prophecy and Mercenary announced as #3's, while also seeing DGM get a #2 slot.

So, we can rule out Finntroll, at least for this announcement, since they're playing other US shows.

Still hoping for something a bit WTF'y like Orphaned Land, Arcturus, or possibly Freak Kitchen. By WTF, I figure Glenn isn't talking about a band with an 'expected' sound, i.e., a power-metal band.....so this could be a reallllly interesting prog-metal band or a hybrid. Wintersun? Susperia? Doubtful, but that would be neet. Heck, we've already had Dimmu Borgir play befor-- oh, wait, sorry, that was Ark. :tickled: :tickled:

BTW, I can't imagine Rhapsody playing in a third slot with that shorter set. They've never played the US, and cheese content or not, a show from them would raise a lot of eyebrows. Not even Jack Koshick, with Metalfest money behind him, has gotten them before, and I know for a fact he's tried.

TheWhisper said:
All hail the Templar Knight of Metaphor :worship:

Metaphors be with you. :D

Harvester said:
Correct. That means no one-off show in New York, Montreal, etc. You will only see them in Atlanta.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Ok, gotta take a guess here. Could it be The Tea Party?

OMG, if it were them I'd be going nuts. Geez, Canada offers so many cool progressive bands.

Harvester said:
announcement will be both of the #3 slots. Both are North American exclusives. Some folks will be estatic and others will say WTF?

cheers,

Glenn H.

Oh, I get it now. One of the bands is actually named, "WTF".

Pretty sneaky Glenn! :loco:

BABS said:
Ok, gotta take a guess here. Could it be The Tea Party?

OMG, if it were them I'd be going nuts. Geez, Canada offers so many cool progressive bands.

Babs my dear, we need to talk...last time I took Geography which was about 25 years ago, Canada was still part of North America...now seeing as how The Tea Party have done many shows in Canada i'm not sure they would qualify as a NA "exclusive"...:loco: I'm just giving you a hard time :D

Wishful thinking though, The Edges of Twilight is still a long time favorite of mine:worship:

:bah: bah all this hate on cheese metal. Come on, who wants to be serious ALL the time?

I'll be happy with whomever Glenn gets. So far he has done a great job.

Let's see a Two good Number 3 slot bands?????? I am hoping for either PYRAMAZE, or CLOUDSCAPE, but i have a feeling it might be ........... oh hell!!!!! i don't have the foggest idea, but i bet it will be two excellent choices. Maybe even ROYAL HUNT who knows.

By the way you guys and gals need to check out CLOUDSCAPE, they are totally awesome. Hard and heavy and melodic and progressive, just damn good music.

Pyramaze51 said:
Let's see a Two good Number 3 slot bands?????? I am hoping for either PYRAMAZE, or CLOUDSCAPE, but i have a feeling it might be ........... oh hell!!!!! i don't have the foggest idea, but i bet it will be two excellent choices. Maybe even ROYAL HUNT who knows.

By the way you guys and gals need to check out CLOUDSCAPE, they are totally awesome. Hard and heavy and melodic and progressive, just damn good music.
I like Pyramaze a lot, and also like Cloudscape from the clips I've heard, but I would be dissapointed if they were #3's. I think both are openers, and would be a huge stretch as #3's. I look for strong , established bands for #3. Bands like Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Vanden Plas, and Angel Dust are the quality I expect from a #3. I could see a #3 being a slight step down from those bands, but not all the way down to bands with only debut albums to their credit.

One band I have liked for a long time that I think few have ever heard of is Edenbridge. I'm pretty sure they have never played the US and are still probably too small for the #3 slot, but I wonder if they would be in consideration for the show. They have some of the best melodic sense in metal if you ask me, and Arcana is a masterpiece.

SyXified said:
One band I have liked for a long time that I think few have ever heard of is Edenbridge. I'm pretty sure they have never played the US and are still probably too small for the #3 slot, but I wonder if they would be in consideration for the show. They have some of the best melodic sense in metal if you ask me, and Arcana is a masterpiece.

I kinda liked their first one, but through time, they seem kinda boring to me. her voice just gets annoying at times, and her vocal tone is very blah. Not my cup of tea for sure. If Glenn were to get any female fronted band, it should be Within Temptation, Epica, or After Forever!!!

If he was going to get a female fronted band.....I would pick Atrox. They would be the oddball, though. But that couldn't happen because their female vocalist left after their last album....they haven't released anything since.

Okay, here it is another "reveal" monday and I can't get squat done at work because of this whole thing. It's killing me. I must admit that I am very concerned over Glen's remarks ( some may think wtf ). This scares me. I was happy after the last reveal and I hope that th euphoria continues. 5 1/2 more hours to go!!!!!!!!!!! What will I tell my wife on Valentines day that I need to be at the pc toight around 8 vs. taking her out to dinner. Glen, your killing me.

FatesFan said:
What will I tell my wife on Valentines day that I need to be at the pc toight around 8 vs. taking her out to dinner.

:guh:

Fates, I hope you were joking here because if not you have some issues dude. C'mon man - take your wife out to dinner and show her a good time on a special occasion - the announcement will still be there when you get home.

Dark One said:
:guh:

Fates, I hope you were joking here because if not you have some issues dude. C'mon man - take your wife out to dinner and show her a good time on a special occasion - the announcement will still be there when you get home.

It was totally a joke....................Besides, I have wireless web on my cell phone and can excuse myself to go to the mens room and check the post……….again…..just a joke.