What new bands do you want to see for PP VIII?

yoshi14

Magnitude 9 Fan
May 3, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
Since there is a poll for returning bands, I figured i'd start a thread for bands that have never played progpower before. So, pick 4 bands you really want to see next year and reply to this.

My picks: Magnitude 9, Labyrinth, Cloudscape, Sonata Arctica

Galloglass
Hibria
Ensiferum/Wintersun (I can't choose between them)
Ram-Zet (not sure if they'd fit the festival, but maybe they'd be a good oddball band)

Elvenking would have to be my first choice after a lot of thinking. They'd make a solid #3, even "odd-ball." .. I'm considering putting in a bid for them. If anyone is interested on splitting it, possibly 3 ways, email me at NAILZ1000 AT Adelphia.net . Regulation: They absolutely MUST play Regality Dance.

Iron Savior is another one I've seen get quite the unnoticed press around here, and think they could be THE Power Metal headliner to blow the roof off the building next year. I would REALLY. REALLY. like to know they're somewhere on the "to do" list. I would also love to put in a bid for them, see above. + Piet is god, so I can't wait to see him this year.

The third one is tough. It comes down to a few... Tuatha De Danann would be a fantastic 2nd of the 2nd night, get the happy feet going and all, and could definitely be more of the "odd-ball" than Elvenking, though I'd have Glenn write it up in the contract that they'd have to do Brazuzan - Taller Than a Hill (if you've heard it, you know why.) Sabaton is a huge sleeper, and could definitely pull off either #3 slot, and I think thier overall reception would be much like Brainstorms was. They'd take people by surprise, I'm sure of it. And I know Curufin is going to say Tarot and Dark Empire, so I'll leave him to make that case

And Finntroll, but not enough to plead my case.

My list is long... so forgive me! I picked active bands that I feel could possibly do a Prog Power that haven't played before.

Porcupine Tree
Either Steve Wilson thumbs his nose at this kind of stuff of Glenn doesn't like their music. Nevertheless, this band is AMAZING... we need them at PP! I'm sure plenty of people would love to see a headlining slot for Porcupine Tree, especially if it were with an orchestra or something! That'd really be awesome.

Opeth
Perhaps this band is just too popular for Prog Power, similar to Dream Theater, who I still say should headline a PP one day with some kind of special set.

Sonata Arctica
I know they've been tried... and am amazed that they haven't played a Prog Power like 3 years ago. Still, one day it shall happen, for sheezy.

Rhapsody
Too expensive? Still, one of these years, it'd be nice to have Rhapsody at Prog Power.

Andromeda
I bet you they've been tried... (considering Adagio have been) but I wonder what's preventing them from coming.

Arena
Why have we never seen Arena? Their drummer and last album kind of suck... but there's a lot of great material they could play live!

Arjen Lucassen
In some capacity, this HAS to happen one year. There has to be some way to do this.

Dragonforce
This will hopefully happen next year. I can't see this band saying no to Prog Power. I can't imagine a better home or show for them. And I'm quite sure they'd play their ASSES off for us toO!

Katatonia
I'd really like to see these guys at Prog Power. I'm surprised I dont' see them discussed more here. They'd be perfect!

Children of Bodom
Their last album was awful... so I'm skeptical. Plus, they are probably the single most popular metal band discussed on these boards these days... oddly, enough for releasing that crapass last album of theirs: Are you Dead Yet?

Dream Evil
These guys'd be a lot of fun to see live. Perhaps they are too cheesy for some (including me believe it or not), but I wouldn't mind seeing them at all.

Eldritch
They played Chicago Powerfest... so why not Prog Power? I would make them sign a must bring back keyboards clause though! It's just not the same without the keyboards.

Elvenking
This has to happen one year! I'd come for this band ALONE. The meer thought of them playing a Prog Power is making me hot!

Enchant
Not metal enough? I'm willing to bet Glenn would be mightily surprised at how well this band would do. Enchant have been around for a long time and have a lot of long time prog fans who never get to see them!

Eternity X
This band is coming back... and will now be based in Peoria, IL nonetheless. Prog Power sounds like a mutually beneficial show for both the fans and the band!

Falconer
Holy shit! I would be enthralled about seeing these guys! Excellent power band, for sheezy!

Fates Warning
May not be possible... this band seems dead lately.

Helloween
May happen one year soon!

Labyrinth
I prefer Vision Divine's music much more as of late (who by the way should be headlining, not 2nd tier on night two!)... but hey, why not Labyrinth? They'd be a great choice.

Nocturnal Rites
Great show at Chicago Powerfest... so I could see an equally great show at Prog Power!

Royal Hunt
I can see why this band isn't a good choice, logistically. But I'd still love to see them live

Shadow Gallery
Why can't this band just do a one-off show for Prog Power. What'd be the big deal? Grow some balls gentlemen!

Virgin Steele!
We talked about this earlier on this board... nonetheless, I think they'd be a GREAT choice!

Andromeda, Fates Warning, Eternity X, Venturia...

and to test Glenn's skills of making miracles happen
Iced Earth reunion with Matt Barlow. <3 <3 <3

nailz said:
Elvenking would have to be my first choice after a lot of thinking. They'd make a solid #3, even "odd-ball." .. I'm considering putting in a bid for them. If anyone is interested on splitting it, possibly 3 ways, PM me. Regulation: They absolutely MUST play Regality Dance.

Iron Savior is another one I've seen get quite the unnoticed press around here, and think they could be THE Power Metal headliner to blow the roof off the building next year. I would REALLY. REALLY. like to know they're somewhere on the "to do" list. I would also love to put in a bid for them, see above. + Piet is god, so I can't wait to see him this year.

The third one is tough. It comes down to a few... Tuatha De Danann would be a fantastic 2nd of the 2nd night, get the happy feet going and all, and could definitely be more of the "odd-ball" than Elvenking, though I'd have Glenn write it up in the contract that they'd have to do Brazuzan - Taller Than a Hill (if you've heard it, you know why.) Sabaton is a huge sleeper, and could definitely pull off either #3 slot, and I think thier overall reception would be much like Brainstorms was. They'd take people by surprise, I'm sure of it. And I know Curufin is going to say Tarot and Dark Empire, so I'll leave him to make that case

And Finntroll, but not enough to plead my case.

Nailz - I tried PM'ing you about Elvenking - but you have chosen not to receive PM's.

and eppst1 and anyone else interested in sponsorship: Please, instead of PM'ing me, email me at nailz1000 AT adelphia.net, subject line: <band name> SPONSOR, where <band name> = Elvenking or Iron Savior. Thanks :D

After Forever
Stream of Passion
Riverside
Dark Suns
Pain of Salvation
Dark Empire
Tristania
Tuatha De Danann
Tribuzy
Hibria
Wolverine

These are my... ehrm.... four.....