What new bands do you want to see for PP VIII?

TAROT, first of all.
Then in no special order:
Amorphis
Porcupine Tree
Kotipelto - solo
Penumbra
At Vance
Dark Empire
Nocturnal Rites
After Forever
Last Tribe
Kius
Firewind
Machine Men

My Picks:

Falconer - with their vocalist back and a new album coming out, its time. Falconer spots perhaps -the- best vocalist in metal. The guy could sing in any genre and be excellent, and with Falconer's folk-metal driven vibe, they are perfect for ProgPower.

Rhapsody - Its time.

Venturia - great band to open the festival with.

Elvenking - I love these guys. ProgPower continues to fall short in the folk-metal area. I'm guessing that Glenn just isn't much of a fan for it, but damnit Elvenking rules and put out one of the best albums of the year so far.

=====

But I hate rules. So here are others.

Haggard - I'd love to see them, but understand the expense.

Jon Oliva's Pain - I'd like to see it. I wouldn't put them over a 2 slot though.

Heavenly - Hell yes.

Virgin Steel - Hell yes x 2.

Dragonland - I love these guys. Incredible musicanship.

Anata - female vocalist, different style for ProgPower, great fit.

Nightwish - By then they should have a new singer. No better way to apologize to the US, then to start their tour at ProgPower.

R H A P S O D Y
duh.

Turisas
I think they have loads of potential, I think they are more agressive, but I think that's fine, last year had heavy vocal bands. This band really is amazing.

Within Temptation
Hopefully they can get in touch on time!!

Dark Moor
Who won't agree?

HAMMERFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't list 1,000 of bands.. but those are the ones I think most..
I don't have too many Prog ideas..
Dreamscape ;)
Symphony X (never saw them, they cancel every Florida show, ever).

I'm not limiting myself to 3 bands:

Riverside/Indukti (either would be welcome)
Celldweller
Dead Soul Tribe
Ozric Tentacles or Hidria Spacefolk
Skyclad
Moonsorrow
Arcturus
Alchemist
Virgin Steele
Solitude Æturnus
a Warlord reunion
Spinal fucking Tap
Wolverine
OSI
King Crimson <= Wouldn't this be special, they'll be reactive in 2007
Root
Manilla Road
Arjen doing anything.
Gristle
Ihsahn

1. Freedom Call

This forum has proven these guys have an established fanbase at this festival. Plus, its about damn time and would for one guarantee my ticket again.

2. Sonata Arctica

With the choir. White Pearl, Black Oceans anyone? They haven't done everyone's favorite song yet live because of the lack of vocal backing. Now they have it.

3. Iced Earth

If they don't do a big US tour within the coming year.

4. James LaBrie

I know its expensive. But that solo album kicked ass. Plus with the Mullmuzzler material...cmon, that's a damn good headlining set there.

it blows having to limit myself... but these are the four I'd most like to see at this moment in time:

Enertia (pre-party alumni!)
Labyrinth
Ram-Zet (would make a pretty cool oddball)
Solitude Aeturnus

Well, I don't have much new to add, but I figure Glenn is watching, so this is the time to speak up ;>

Virgin Steele - Already discussed in other threads. One of my top bands, a bunch of albums, consistently good output, great front man. They'd be a great headliner, and with a new album coming out (finally), next year would work very well.

Mob Rules - They have four albums and are just an incredibly catchy band. They'd do well in a third spot.

Falconer - Mentioning already in this thread. The original singer is back, and he really made the band unique.

Sonata Arctica - A fourth spot is calling them. It isn't news to anyone, esp Glenn, that this band would do well at PP. One day.

Special mention: Savatage. Well, they literally aren't a repeat, since we had WoMD and JO's Pain, not the official 'Tage. I know Glenn is an Oliva fan, so there's no need to persuade him. Oliva has been here twice, so he would be for it. The only question would be the cost, and if the band is ever getting together again. I keep hearing new album in 2007 (last year I heard new album in 2006), so maybe the stars align and we see them at PP?

Honorable mention to Nocturnal Rites, Iced Earth (another high ticket band) Labyrinth and Wolverine. I would have included The Storyteller, but I just read that they are going on hiatus.

Thanks for listening,

Steve in Philly

Empress said:
R H A P S O D Y
duh.

Turisas
I think they have loads of potential, I think they are more agressive, but I think that's fine, last year had heavy vocal bands. This band really is amazing.

Within Temptation
Hopefully they can get in touch on time!!

Dark Moor
Who won't agree?

HAMMERFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't list 1,000 of bands.. but those are the ones I think most..
I don't have too many Prog ideas..
Dreamscape ;)
Symphony X (never saw them, they cancel every Florida show, ever).

Yeah, I'm like you, I'd love to see Within Temptation, but at this point, I don't believe it'll happen. :erk:

yoshi14 said:
Since there is a poll for returning bands, I figured i'd start a thread for bands that have never played progpower before. So, pick 4 bands you really want to see next year and reply to this.

My picks: Magnitude 9, Labyrinth, Cloudscape, Sonata Arctica
I'm with you on Mag 9 and Labyrinth!:kickass: :headbang:
Add Freedom Call and Iron Savior to the mix, as well!

These are my four top picks, I have many others, but these are the 4 at the top of my list.

SCAR SYMMETRY- Outstanding melo-death good clean vocals when needed
DREAMTONE - What can i say AWESOME
CLOUDSCAPE - One of the most underrated bands around, very talented
GALLOGLASS - This would be the fun fun band and lots more fun.