A little help...

I picked up Tad Morose's "Modus Vivendi" today...excellent album! I would recommend it to anyone who likes good, straight-up metal.

Evergore said:
Everyone for helping me out...Im more into the power but recently ive been getting into a lot of prog stuff...from the posts I know that I have to get Remedy lane by POS and either Adagio disc but another question about Savatage I dl'd the Conversation Piece song and wondered if they changed styles bc I like that song...
Conversation Piece is from the Edge Of Thorns album, and is represents that entire album very well. That being said, the Thorns album can be kind of an eclectic listen. It's got a few songs that totally slam, some moody, atmospheric pieces, and then some mellow bit. The whole package is just great.

That was Zak's first album, in case you didn't know, and it was quite a shock to hear it for the first time. Regardless, though, you just know it's a Savatage album from the first second.

Ok, I've decided I like what I've heard of Adagio and wanted to buy their cds, but I can't seen to find them for a reasonable price (under $14 with shipping is my maximum for a single cd). Since a lot of you seem to own them, where did you buy them?

ReaLM said:
Ok, I've decided I like what I've heard of Adagio and wanted to buy their cds, but I can't seen to find them for a reasonable price (under $14 with shipping is my maximum for a single cd). Since a lot of you seem to own them, where did you buy them?
the End Records.com gets most of my metal money, plus they have free shipping anywhere in the USA no matter how much you buy. Their prices are incredible.. almost everything seems to be $12 :)

Laser's Edge is another great one as well as Metal Ages, all of their prices are competitive with TheEndRecords as well, although I'm unsure of any shipping deals.

Ruthven said:
I picked up Tad Morose's "Modus Vivendi" today...excellent album! I would recommend it to anyone who likes good, straight-up metal.
I picked it up today too, its very 80s in a lot of ways, in good ways. :headbang:

Folk's take my word on this buy Savatage's "Wake Of Magellan"

It's the last record Zak did with Savatage and it's the "absolute best" of Zak era Savatage. Even you Sava fans that don't know this disc should get it.

There's definately more musically progressive bands around but there's definately not any band on this planet earth more "vocally" progressive than Zak with Savatage on this record. If you guy's like "Chance" you'll love this cd, it's when they perfected the counter point vocals. There hasn't been a band this vocally proficient since Queen!

Buy the cd, read the story while it's being sung, and listen to the perfection!

Best cd in my opinion of the past ten years by "any" progpower band.