"Believe" in the TSO Setlist

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Did anyone read the bulletin on Myspace about TSO adding the instrumental "Prelude to Madness" and "Believe" from Savatage?
Would be very cool. Guess its leading up to this "talk" of Savatage activity next year. ????

Looks like they are in people.

The setlists from the East and West coast Trans-Siberian Orchestra tours have been revealed. As previously reported, the Savatage tracks 'Prelude To Madness' and 'Believe' have been added to the East coast tour this year. Only 'Prelude To Madness' has been added to the West tour.

The setlists are as follows:

East: 'Wizards In Winter', 'Queen Of The Winter Night', 'Prelude To Madness' (Savatage), 'Believe' (Savatage), 'A Last Illusion', 'Siberian Sleigh Ride', - drum solo - , 'Tracers', 'Mozart', 'Christmas Canon', 'Carmina Burana', 'Requiem' or 'Beethoven/Requiem', 'Wish Liszt', 'Christmas Eve 12/24' (Savatage).

West: 'Wizards In Winter', 'Queen Of The Winter Night', 'Prelude To Madness' (Savatage), 'A Last Illusion', 'Siberian Sleigh Ride', - drum solo - , 'Tracers', 'Mozart', 'Christmas Canon', 'Carmina Burana', 'Wish Liszt', - keyboard duel - , 'Requiem' or 'Beethoven/Requiem' 'Christmas Eve 12/24' (Savatage).

Good question. I'll be seeing them next month in Knoxville, TN, so I'm assuming I'll be seeing the East company as well, right?

~Brian~

Nope, you'll be getting West. That's Pitrelli's group. So unless something changes in their setlist, you'll get Prelude but no Believe.

Not that big of a deal, not the same without Jon singing it anyway!

Oh, and Pitrelli came down wrong on his leg during the first show of the tour, and broke his leg or kneecap (depending on who you ask), so he is doing the show seated.

Nope, you'll be getting West. That's Pitrelli's group. So unless something changes in their setlist, you'll get Prelude but no Believe.

Not that big of a deal, not the same without Jon singing it anyway!

Oh, and Pitrelli came down wrong on his leg during the first show of the tour, and broke his leg or kneecap (depending on who you ask), so he is doing the show seated.

Now I'm not as pumped about this as I once was. I'd much rather see the East tour due to Caffery, Skolnick and Jeff Plate. :(

~Brian~

Now I'm not as pumped about this as I once was. I'd much rather see the East tour due to Caffery, Skolnick and Jeff Plate. :(

~Brian~

Yeah, that's why I am happy we always get East. Oh, and this year East has Johnny Lee Middletown too. Damn near a full Savatage lineup!

How do you know for sure which side is coming to your town?

~Brian~

Well, TSO itself makes it damn near impossible to figure out. But Johnny Lee and Caffery both have the dates on their myspace, so mostly it is a process of elimination. East will be in Indy the day that West is in Knoxville.

Well, TSO itself makes it damn near impossible to figure out. But Johnny Lee and Caffery both have the dates on their myspace, so mostly it is a process of elimination. East will be in Indy the day that West is in Knoxville.

What about the Greenville, SC show? If East is coming through there, then I'm tempted to go to it as well.

~Brian~

I just got home from seeing TSO (east coast group) in Richmond, VA. "I Believe" and "Prelude to Madness" are indeed in the setlist. :headbang: :kickass:

It was my first time seeing TSO, and so glad that I did. Definitely the best show I've seen in a LONG time! :)

Well, I've really lost my mind. I purchased a ticket to the Greenville, SC show, because TSO East is coming through there. So, I will be seeing TSO East this month and TSO West next month. :guh:

~Brian~