"Believe" in the TSO Setlist

Hey i know how you feel.. my friend eat 2 tickets for greenville lot of money to lose, but sometimes you can't help it. sorry for your loss of your family member..

Dang.

I was thinking of staying until the line dwindled down and chatting a bit more with the band, but common sense, the fact that I didn't bring my camera inside (I assumed they were verboten), and the fact that we wanted to go eat dragged us outside. :)

When Savatage played at the Outer Edge in Marietta a loong time ago, a few of us ended up chatting with JLM outside the venue for a loong time after the show...probably close to an hour. Eventually the tour-bus fired up and began across the parking lot, and Johnny stood up, chuckling. "They can't leave without ME, I'm the tour accountant!"
The bus kept rolling past us toward the road.
"On the other hand, they might think I'm asleep in my bunk," and he hurled his bottled water at the side of the bus.
*blam*
The bus stopped.
"Gotta go, guys!"

Man, that was funny. :heh:

Hey that was funny, I slipped my camera in, with a bag of Jolly ranchers to give to Anna in my thick coat, but noone said anything anyway..It was all cool!!

I cant wait til Saturday to see this show!! SOTO!!!

Can someone give me some info about the signing session and how it works? (ie when...etc)

I cant wait til Saturday to see this show!! SOTO!!!

Can someone give me some info about the signing session and how it works? (ie when...etc)

Well i always get to the line soon as possible if i'm going to like i did this year and last year..depending on where you sit you need to get to the lobby of the venue soon as you can which sometimes aint easy, and find the line for the band and get in it and its about a 45 minute wait or so until TSO comes out Security says one thing only to sign and a handshake from the band members and a few words and no poses for photos, But i did it, the security guard even took the pictures! but that was only after the line had ended also..anyway it usually don't take a real long time depends on your city and how many are there in line, but if you try to hang around after you have your item signed sometimes security will tell you to leave but they didn't me i stood and talked to security people the band members will let you take pictures of them at the signing table also but they don't have time until the line ends to come out and pose with you but you should do it its great..get a program and get in line and you never know what will happen its sooo cool!!! hope this helps some:headbang:

*blam*
The bus stopped.
"Gotta go, guys!"

Man, that was funny. :heh:

Too funny - thanks for the laugh! :lol:

Have they started listening to other bands besides Savatage? But it is definately a start! :)

For the most part, not yet, but one group member is into Royal Hunt. I am working on her and her husband for PPX. I should put together a compilation CD that might lead some other group members to the dark side. :)

I was kinda hoping to get a drum head signed by a bunch of the members, is this feasible?

The band members are great about signing stuff, but I would probably call the venue to see if you can bring it in. Also, FYI, they do not do the M&G for matinee shows, and there are a small number of evening shows where there is no M&G.

Matinee shows? Wow, we've never had one of those here.

Ian, to clarify, the M&G is held after the show, somewhere out in the public area or lobby of the venue. (Look for a long line of tables.)
It's open to anyone; they announce it from the stage during the show. You shouldn't have too much trouble bringing the drumhead in, but have a backup plan ready, as you might have to take it back to your car. I think that'll be unlikely unless security are real dicks, though. There seems to be a strict limit of one item per person at each show.

We had some trouble finding the signing tables in Atlanta, since they were in a slightly different spot, but to my surprise we beat most of the crowd to the roped-off area.
I was getting antsy, picturing a late arrival there. "Derek and Paul? You are the LAST team to arrive, and I'm sorry to say you have been eliminated from this autographing." :heh:

If you get beyond expecting it to be better than the original, this version is not that bad. It's definitely a crowd favorite on the tour. Tim Hockenberry on vocals, Alex Skolnick on guitar. BTW, Caffery did Prelude To Madness in Charleston, SC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he does an outstanding job with it to be honest! No, it's not Jon, but with that said, this guy puts his 100% into it. I'd give him a standing ovation if this song is done with this much class in Knoxville, TN. :kickass:

~Brian~

I think he does an outstanding job with it to be honest! No, it's not Jon, but with that said, this guy puts his 100% into it. I'd give him a standing ovation if this song is done with this much class in Knoxville, TN. :kickass:

~Brian~

West isn't doing Believe...only Prelude.

No one has offered an explanation as to why either. Sorry!

If you get beyond expecting it to be better than the original, this version is not that bad. It's definitely a crowd favorite on the tour. Tim Hockenberry on vocals, Alex Skolnick on guitar. BTW, Caffery did Prelude To Madness in Charleston, SC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXJVIggZM8

Still gives me goosebumps. Seeing that tribute to Criss in front of 6,000 people was just amazing, no matter who's singing.

West isn't doing Believe...only Prelude.

No one has offered an explanation as to why either. Sorry!

I have the impression that Tim Hockenberry is on the TSO-E tour solely to perform "Believe." :worship: :kickass:

Does he do any other vocals during the second half? I didn't notice any, and he doesn't do any during the first half of the show.

Still gives me goosebumps. Seeing that tribute to Criss in front of 6,000 people was just amazing, no matter who's singing.

I have the impression that Tim Hockenberry is on the TSO-E tour solely to perform "Believe." :worship: :kickass:

Does he do any other vocals during the second half? I didn't notice any, and he doesn't do any during the first half of the show.

I don't think so, at least not that I noticed either. But I am not real up on who sings what, I am usually focused on the musicians! And both Alex and Chris do the Savatage tribute proud with their guitar work! :headbang:

Someone on Caffery's forum posted that they loved the TSO version, so they checked out the Savatage version, and thought it was too fast!:OMG:

I just got home from the TSO show in KC and I got an 18 inch drum head signed by all of them. It was a great first time for em.

Great News!! good for you that i bet is cool, Any problems with Security or anything.. that will be something to be proud of forever!!:headbang: