"Black" Metal

Rei-kun

Old School Metalhead
Feb 8, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I was wondering if all these fabulous metal minds around here could assist me. I am doing an essay/meme concerning black people who play in Heavy Metal Bands. The point that I am trying to make is that we've been playing in bands for as long as the genre has been in existence.

So what I need from you is if you can assist me with the names of any bands you can think of that have a black person in them in any capacity (Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keys, Drums, whatever). NOTE: I am *not* looking for rap-metal.

Here is the List I have so far:

Living Colour
Fishbone
God Forbid
Suffocation
Sepultura
Evile
Hirax
Suicidal Tendencies
King's X
Animals as Leaders
Sound Barrier (80s Cockrock FTW!!!)
Bad Brains
24-7 Spyz
Oceano (Great Live band)
Wicked Wisdom
Straight Line Stitch
Sevendust
Killswitch Engage

...and that's all I can come up with so far. Can anyone think of any others? I couldn't think of one Prog Metal band, which saddens me immensely.

Thanks for the help!

If you're including hardcore bands, (since you have Bad Brains), you might consider Wisdom in Chains from Philadelphia (it helps that they're awesome too).

I don't think Toshi Iseda is really in any bands, but he's pretty good with the 7 string guitar if you want to venture outside of strictly focusing on bands. Surely a few others on the board would know better than I do.