Cheers 'N' Jeers VII

I've known Navin for years! Nice guy indeed!
He used to live here in South Florida... he moved back to his native Trinidad earlier this year...
He's very good friends with me, Empress and the rest of the south florida guys! :)

Cheers:
1. Glenn, of course. Without you, I would never have the chance to see most of my favorite bands.
2. MERCENARY. Not only did these guys play my favorite set of the festival, but they are some of the nicest and funniest guys I have ever met.
3. SwordLord, for letting me have his spot on the rail for Mercenary.
4. All the people I met. It was so nice to be able to put forum names to faces and everyone was so kind. People aren't lying when they say that this crowd is the best.
5. Granada parties.
6. CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN

Jeers:
1. Rude people. Ok, there was only one rude person, but she really pissed me off. Next time, don't complain about being in the pit for "4 hours" and don't yell at my friend for "pushing you" when you were the one who pushed in between him and the person tightly squeezed next to him in the middle of Jorn's set.
2. Lack of merchandise. This isn't a jeer about the festival as much as it is a jeer about the ridiculous custom's laws.
3. Me not having any self control and spending my food and living money for the rest of the semester on merchandise. Oh well, I go home in two weeks so I can pick up some more money then :)

General Zod said:
Yep, it was Navin. He was hanging out by himself Wednesday night, outside the Grenada, so I invited him to have dinner with me and some friends. Super nice guy, very into music. I told him he needs to start posting here. Hopefully he'll do so.

Zod

I'm going to write his name a hundred time (not here of course) so I don't forget it next time. I'm glad you invited him Zod. He's a cool guy. Although he said he didn't know anybody, everytime I saw him on Friday or Saturday he was talking to somebody else.

AMBR & Pellaz: Thank you so much for so kindly rescuing my girlie ProgPower Tee! It made my night to know that 1) someone was sweet enough to pick one up before the doors opened and 2) that, once lost, the t-shirt was returned back to the booth and recovered. I couldn't get over how thoughtful everyone was at the festival and you two completely define it for me. Thank you again! Major cheers!

Cheers
- All of you guys for being so open and friendly. Being this open and social doesn't come naturally for me at all and sometimes isn't all that easy but everyone was very cool with my boringness and by Saturday evening I was more outgoing and started actually introducing myself to people. This goes to Aki, Greg and John (L9) especially.
- For the sake of redundancy, all of you again for never making me feel like I wasn't part of the group. Quite the opposite in fact and more importantly, this is the only event ever where this attitude is the norm, not the exception. There is a real community here. It almost brings a tear to the eye.
- The friendly people of Atlanta. Everywhere but the airport, people were nice and chatty. The hotel staff, the people at the bagel shop, the locals here at the show...
- Glenn and everyone behind the scenes who make this event the brilliant spectacle that it is.
- Bear, for throwing one hell of a hotel party!
- Same for nailz & curufin.
- The bands for being very friendly and approachable. It's nice to see that you guys can relax and hang out. Mercenary & Circus Maximus, you guys are awesome!
- Steinar and the "Hot and Sweet". You have me totally sold on that wonderful type of drink.
- Lance King, for working so freaking hard and still being one of the coolest people in business.

Jeers
- Being back home in New York, with all of the tightly-wound, anti-social non-metal people and having to wait a whole year to be back with all of you wonderful people.

Yippee38 said:
Another Jeer:
* The mixup at the end of Epica's set that was a tease that they were going to do an encore. The houselights came on, and people started going out. Then they went off again and we went crazy. Then they curtain closed. ARGH!

Just wanted to help clear this one up... Epica did not have an encore planned for their performance. Rather, they had a 2 minute "outtro" that was to be played after the last song, and before/while the curtain was pulled (yes, this seemed odd to us, too). There was a bit of miscommunication regarding this which lead to the delay in closing the curtain and the houselights coming up too soon.

The crew members responsible for this have been sacked.

--Mike

Cheers
Madison Grill hamburgers...just because Residence Inn fucked my reservations didnt stop me from walking that extra block to have a burger 3 days in a row
Glenn for being Glenn
Chris Salinas for taking a few minutes to talk to me every time I saw him...you are truly a god
Hamilton...you know who you are...I appreciate being recognized even though I didnt get the chance to say hi...from Erie...hope to see you next year
Lance King for the awesome cds and the awesome show
The Stair Tapers...you are the unsung heroes of ProgPower

Jeers
The "Seat savers"...The bags on seats bullshit has to go.I can understand if you went to get a beer,hang between sets,whatever...but there were seats that stayed empty for an hour or more because somebody didnt like the band so went elsewhere for a while...If you cant appreciate the band,at least give your seat to somebody who Does appreciate them
The Residence Inn on 17th...You guys suck and have lost me as a guest...not just in Atlanta,but everywhere I travel since the RI personnel I talked to yesterday were rude assholes about the whole thing...Fuck Ya
The Club near RI on 14th....the 2:30 AM black population made some rude comments to many people that were passing by to go to their rooms at 3AM.Way to promote tourism you assholes...and special thanks to Residence Inn for putting us there.I appreciate seeing cops and dudes in cuffs on the sidewalks when Im going back for my sleep...It makes me feel safe to know I'm in such a fine area
Overall I had a great experience,but I sure could use a peaceful start to a vacation and have everything go as planned instead of being thrown into chaos before the show even starts....RESIDENCE INN SUCKS!!! Thanks

Kaosaur said:
Cheers
- All of you guys for being so open and friendly. Being this open and social doesn't come naturally for me at all and sometimes isn't all that easy but everyone was very cool with my boringness and by Saturday evening I was more outgoing and started actually introducing myself to people. This goes to Aki, Greg and John (L9) especially.
- For the sake of redundancy, all of you again for never making me feel like I wasn't part of the group. Quite the opposite in fact and more importantly, this is the only event ever where this attitude is the norm, not the exception. There is a real community here. It almost brings a tear to the eye.
- The friendly people of Atlanta. Everywhere but the airport, people were nice and chatty. The hotel staff, the people at the bagel shop, the locals here at the show...
- Glenn and everyone behind the scenes who make this event the brilliant spectacle that it is.
- Bear, for throwing one hell of a hotel party!
- Same for nailz & curufin.
- The bands for being very friendly and approachable. It's nice to see that you guys can relax and hang out. Mercenary & Circus Maximus, you guys are awesome!
- Steinar and the "Hot and Sweet". You have me totally sold on that wonderful type of drink.
- Lance King, for working so freaking hard and still being one of the coolest people in business.

Jeers
- Being back home in New York, with all of the tightly-wound, anti-social non-metal people and having to wait a whole year to be back with all of you wonderful people.

Wow, you are sooo right about that! I kept being startled every time sevice people said nice things to me for no reason and went the extra mile to be helpful. The people in airport security were even friendly and chatted about why we had been there and asked about the bands.

Suck being back here in bitchy Jersey. We need to have Georgia folks come up here and force everyone in the service industry to attend seminars on how to be nice.

Yippee38 said:
think Empress knows it. He was a very cool guy.

Yes, Navindra is his full name. LOL
But that makes everything more complicated, Navan is fine.
He's always been really nice, I've known him a couple of years now! :headbang:

Cheers

- Glenn, Shane and everyone involved in running the show. This is still the best festival we attend every year.
- The whole damn show. There was only one band I didn't like.
- FREAK KITCHEN! Holy hell they were good. Our sponsorship money was well spent!
- Seeing people that I only get to see once a year at this show.
- Getting hugs from many attractive women. You all rock!
- Meeting new people. The other sponsor folks were cool, especially the ones that sat in front of us the whole time (I suck at remembering names). And I got to meet the infamous Metal Rose, who was very cool.
- Stella being available at the show and the Madison Grill. Mmmmmmm...
- Quick food service from Vinyl's both nights. Much faster than previous years.
- Not witnessing any jackass behavior by anyone during the show, unlike the last couple of years.

Jeers

- Guys doing stupid and inappropriate things to women. I heard some creepy stories. Some people need a good tasering.
- Subway running out of bread. What the hell? It's like McDonald's running out of hamburger. Hey, the place isn't called Wrapway or Saladway, it's Subway! I got the last roll on Friday.
- I read this whole thread, and did not see one person being excited to meet or talk to me or Mary. Bah to all of you! :p
- The Madison Grill dumbing down their menu. Not as good as it used to be.
- Our car battery being dead on Sunday morning. No proof of it, but I'm guessing the valet dude at the RI didn't shut a door right and an overhead light stayed on for three days. We had to get the car jump started again somewhere in SC when we stopped for gas. Hanging out in a parking lot for an hour is, um, not exciting. We made it home without further incident.
- The fact that if the show is at the same time next year, I will have to miss it, as I'll be in Japan the first two weeks of September 2007. Here's hoping it's later in the month...

dt

Extra jeer:
To the couple who thought making out and groping each other between the curtains on stage during Jorn was cool. HELLO- everyone in the VIP lounge could see you! Next year try getting a room

-Cheers to the guys in room 321 for having kick ass parties!

I'd actually like to throw in a quick Jeer for this. Trashing rooms the way this one was will actually lead to higher rates, CC deposits and possibly doing away with the service we expect on this weekend. Just a thought. Take care of the folks who take care of us. Please.

ThXinc said:
I'd actually like to throw in a quick Jeer for this. Trashing rooms the way this one was will actually lead to higher rates, CC deposits and possibly doing away with the service we expect on this weekend. Just a thought. Take care of the folks who take care of us. Please.

They didn't trash anything. It got dirty and there were bottles and garbage left. I don't see that as trashing, although I didn't see the room when they left.

Cheers to 321's parties!

I did and don't approve it as being appropriate for "respectful" behavior. I'd sure hate for the few to ruin it for the many. I've had my share of PP parties and attended some of the best without the ridiculous lack of respect for the facility and their staff. I remember that kind of thing was fun back in high school....wait a minute...Oh....I get it now. Silly me. Sorry.:Smug:

ThXinc said:
I did and don't approve it as being appropriate for "respectful" behavior. I'd sure hate for the few to ruin it for the many. I've had my share of PP parties and attended some of the best without the ridiculous lack of respect for the facility and their staff. I remember that kind of thing was fun back in high school....wait a minute...Oh....I get it now. Silly me. Sorry.:Smug:

All of the ones involving in the partying at Room 321 (including me at some points) are past the high school age. Try again. :lol::lol:

ThXinc said:

Actually from what I understand the room was picked up a bit before check out.

Room 321's parties will be remembered forever!! You really can't get that much alcohol and people at a room at the same time! Nice job!

dargormudshark said:
Actually from what I understand the room was picked up a bit before check out.

A bit? Try every beer bottle and every piece of garbage was thrown away and tied in big garbage bags before we left. The only thing we left the staff to do was vacuum and restock the bathroom. We might have been party animals but we're not going to be disrespectful.