Cheers 'N' Jeers VII

woosta said:
Jeers:
4. The 1 single band of the weekend with no chorus or memorable melody whatsoever that disconnected the majority of the crowd before any of the "big" bands hit the stage. That's gotta stop. Talented? 100% Nice Guys? 100%. Damn near unlistenable to your average attendee and if we ARE bringing in new fans, as it appeared to me, then acts like this will ensure that they'll never come back.

...Wha?

Empress said:
Jeers:
--The Super 8 hotel

What happed that was wrong there? I stayed there and didn't really have any big complaints.

rockyracoon said:
Jeers:
1. Upstairs bartenders being dicks about water and their TACKY little signs bitching about tips. By the end of Sat night, their attitudes were way outta hand.

Haha, at first when I saw the signs I thought they were doing like a 30 minute special or something of free alchohol. When I asked one of the guys about some stuff they had for mixing... Like what else they had other than 2 or 3 things.. He looked at me like I was insane. Haha.

Yngvai X said:
A bit? Try every beer bottle and every piece of garbage was thrown away and tied in big garbage bags before we left. The only thing we left the staff to do was vacuum and restock the bathroom. We might have been party animals but we're not going to be disrespectful.

Exactly. But then again, people have to always find a reason to make a negative comment about the wildest group of people at the festival.

Too bad. Next year, don't get close to room 321 if it bothered you that much.

MaxDuo said:
What happed that was wrong there? I stayed there and didn't really have any big complaints.

Wet Bear-like smell in the rooms, broken toilets, non-working keys and vending machines, murder attempt by an elevator...

Lots of things went very wrong... :lol::lol::lol:

Oh! A Jeer I just remembered while getting lunch here.

JEER:

Food being impossible to find on Saturday :( The subway that closes at 2PM... and then there was another one that disappeared completely and left an empty lot :( Even this center with tons of eating places had them all shut down when I went by at 3. I ended up having a bag of chips and that was all I had to eat Saturday night :( Didn't want the $8 burger and fries, even if it did smell damn good. Then again I shouldn't have paid the $5 for the New Castle either, fuck.

Yngvai X said:
A bit? Try every beer bottle and every piece of garbage was thrown away and tied in big garbage bags before we left. The only thing we left the staff to do was vacuum and restock the bathroom. We might have been party animals but we're not going to be disrespectful.

Good Job then. *Lights up APPLAUSE sign*:) My bad in making an assumption after seeing the room late ( or early ) Sunday morning. I think it's important to keep the hotels looking forward to our return as to dreading it.

Cheers:
-Freak Kitchen, Mercenary, and Evergrey!!!
-Dildos
-GODLESS AND WICKED!!!!
-My favorite Masterplan song following that
-Sweet Mills, Nips, Chats, Jumps
-Using cutting utensils backwards
-Roofs (pronounced ruf)
-Smoking England by the pound
-ripping out the last page of the bible so you don't know how it ends
-Rikard
-EEEEAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Manda X for transportation and comedic input during Zero Hour's set
-Urban and Shaye
-Shane and Glenn
-Drew (Curufin)
-Pegasuses and Unicorns
-Summoning things from other worlds
-Narnia
-"...OF FIRE!!!!!"
- Brazillians and Spearfishing Junglemonkeys

Jeers:
-All the hype for the end of Jorn's set when all it was is something i've been suggesting since PP4
-Houlahan's for pushing my shit in
-Alonzo passing out Wednesday
-Zero Hour not playing There For Me
-No guitars to jam on
-No Nevermore
-Finnish Fever
-Sore throats and Saliva
-Evil Joe Granada Guy

MaxDuo said:
JEER:

Food being impossible to find on Saturday :( The subway that closes at 2PM... and then there was another one that disappeared completely and left an empty lot :(

A-HA! I knew it was gone! I was walking around looking for it Friday night between FK and Mercenary and I was like, "wasn't there a Subway here last time?" All I saw was a dirt lot, but I didn't see anybody else mention it until you. I was so disappointed because I was very hungry and in the mood for Subway. Instead I just had a Coke from that gas station right on the corner, which gave me a stomach ache for Mercenary. That place was so convenient! And it's where I met Tobias Sammett at PPV! How can they tear down a historic joint like that!!

Cheers:

-Super Friendly Staff at the Residence
-The Flying Biscuit
-a well poured Black and Tan
-Quotes that make you laugh til you cry no matter how many times you repeat them
-Learning how to say naughty things in Italian
-Vision Divine
-Target and booze runs on Tuesday
-New corsets
-waiting til Saturday night to puke
-meeting new friends after cleaning up their vomit
-bartenders downstairs
-girlie tees
-Steel Balls award
-getting in early with a gold badge
-seeing old friends and making new ones
-getting drunken voice mail from friends yelling "You promised you'd lick my asshole while you jerked me off!" - sorry I didn't get to give you a proper goodbye Matt ;)
-Derrick and his kick ass rum punch at the Grenada
-Gene Simmons Family Jewels
-comfortable shoes
-bad microwave pizza at 4am
-Mac n Cheese at the Madison Grill

Jeers:

-Having to work for the first 2 1/2 days we were there
-No cell phone reception in the hotel room
-cleaning up puke from the bed, carpet and allll over the bathroom.
-Leaving behind left over alcohol
-No breakfast after 9:30.....anywhere
-Being too sick Saturday night to say goodbye to anyone
-Delta for not having our reservations in the computer
-turbulance on the way to Atlanta
-the group of foriegn guys in matching black suites boarding my plane with that "get your box cutters ready" look on their faces and freaking me out.
-not being able to wear high heels
-bad microwave pizza at 4am
-Mac n Cheese at the Madison Grill

As Far as the parties in 321 went, A Big Ass FAT JEER to the Granada Staff,

"I CAN HEAR YOU FROM MY OFFICE!"

You know what? Your Office Window Was open! Close the damn thing. 2 Years in the row the front desk has been a little less than pleasent to deal with.

If Progpower wasn't there, would anyone have been in that hotel? I think not..

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
Hahaha! :lol: Dude, I think you caught me. I had just finished standing (and rocking out) for all of Thunderstone and all of Epica. Those were the two bands I was most excited about seeing this weekend. However, I didn't want to miss Jorn. I was on the floor for the first part of his set, but my legs were so tired, I had to go sit down. From looking at the posted set list, I don't think I missed much of their set - maybe parts of two or three songs (I'm really glad I didn't miss any of the finale), but I am a little embarrassed that you caught me headbanging in my sleep. Haha! :lol: :headbang:

Haha, sorry. I actually thought I should wake you several times but when a song would end you'd still cheer. So I figured maybe you just rested your eyes wen you weren't doing the head bobbing later on haha. Whoops, guess I should've done something :p

edit: Just looked at the myspace, yup, that was you :p

Cheers:

1. Ron for putting up with my gnarly, smelly, ass smelling self...whoops...that was you Ron!
2. Linda and Steph for putting up with me and Rons incherent jabber at Houlihans on Saturday! Who were those losers in there again?...oh yeah the Symphony X lunch people! LLO just kidding guys!!!
3. Bryant and Harumi and Shaye and Urban, the two coolest couples there
4. Cristen and my wife Metalrose
5. Empress for being queen of the hotties
6. CC Deville and Kenny G. (The 80's Rocker guys) for keeping me laughing all weekend!
7. Aki for not being anywhere near the fricking PP chat room for once!
8. Finally meeting Rockyracoon, and yes the Cubs do suck dude! GO WHITE SOX!!!
9. Glenn for being so patient to deal with a 'tard like me
10. J- Dubya being J-Dubya and realizing that there is noone like Jaydubya!
11. Swordlord (PM me with your e-mail as I have photos for you bro!)
12. Jack
13. Kim, Shannon, Tammy, and that crazy girl from the South Siiiiide!
14. Chairs in the concourse
15. Piet Siecks Mom for taking a pic of me and her son. Rock Moms rule!

Jeers:

1. The guy in the front row on the rail who kept complaining about all the VIP's in the photo pit. Look you loser, why don't you ASK someone instead of running your mouth. Besides you smelled like a stale fart and I had to move regardless. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything!
2. Trying to navigate through the concourse and not run into a random drunk guy/ gal. It was like Frogger all over agaoin!
3. No Maria
4. Having to run back to the hotel to pop a squat because I was afraid my ass would stick to the toilet seats!
5. Big Mike for being so talkative

Cheers:
  • Got a Suite at the Rennaissance
  • Hanging with good friends
  • said good friends not making me feel like a fifth wheel, 'cause they're with their significant others
  • Evergrey's set
  • Of course Harveston get's one
  • Thai Boxers being open minded about Taekwondo, I get shit constantly cause everyone thinks I'm a point fighter
  • Meeting new folks... Zod I'll see ya at a jaxx show
  • Seeing Chris, Division's old bass player especially nine hours from home
  • Fucking with Chris Lotesto... Dude what possessed you too move closer to us?, (you had to see this to understand it), Lish and I were about to pee ourselves from laughing, and Linda i apologize if you found the whole thing less than amuzing, but you seemed like you were a pretty good sport about it.

Jeers
  • Paying $200 a night for my suite at the Rennaissance
  • The service at the Irish place in Underground Atlanta sucked like nothing I've ever seen. (the hostess with the great rack only soothed things a very little bit, cause she was fun to look at)
  • The service at Houlihans sucked also...but the food was free
  • Folks complaining about boom stands, lights noise et al... there's cures for all of this, move, sunglasses and ear plugs
  • The drunk jackass who insisted on poking me in the neck repeatedly with a ball point pen. You came very close to winding up with a broken wrist or worse, DO NOT fuck with people that you don't know
  • Finding out once I was down in Atlanta that I could've brought my dogs with me, I missed my boys

Cheers:
- Glenn for putting on another amazing fest. This is the first PP that I wanted to watch every band.
- To the Justdefy guys (Bryan, Jeremy, Roger) for letting me hang out with them all weekend. They were very cool dudes and I had a great time. It was BRUTAL!
- All the bands were amazing. Freak Kitchen blew me away.
- Cheesecake Factory and ESPN Zone for filling me up both days.
- The Courtyard having computers to use for internet surfing and mail checking.
- Getting to see my pals Ben, Noah, and Jonah for the first time in 2 years. I wish we could of hung out longer.

Jeers:
- The weekend ended.
- The Courtyard not having free breakfast.
- Having to wait another year for the next PP.
- Joe-X not finishing his 3rd day report.

About Super 8...

AngraRULES said:
Wet Bear-like smell in the rooms, broken toilets, non-working keys and vending machines, murder attempt by an elevator...

Lots of things went very wrong... :lol::lol::lol:

Wow, I must've been pretty lucky. Didn't stink to me. Smelled about the way most hotels have smelled to me before. Our toilet didn't flush when we got there but that was from the chain becoming unhooked from the handle... Weird, had no problems other than that for my friend and I. Though we didn't even use the elevator since we were on the 1st floor. Also didn't use the vending machines...

MaxDuo said:
About Super 8...

Wow, I must've been pretty lucky. Didn't stink to me. Smelled about the way most hotels have smelled to me before. Our toilet didn't flush when we got there but that was from the chain becoming unhooked from the handle... Weird, had no problems other than that for my friend and I. Though we didn't even use the elevator since we were on the 1st floor. Also didn't use the vending machines...

Lucky SoB.... LOL There's the advice for next year. The elevator almost killed Empress...:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers and Jeers

It’s taken me a while and recovery time to finally gather my thoughts together for the Cheers and Jeers overview.

Cheers; Glenn Harveston and his crew. The friendliest, hardest working, frettin and sweatin, bunch of people evah! Glenn, you are our musical Pied Piper and we dance to your tune gladly!

Cheers: For bringing a PP Virgin to sacrifice, er a Newbie to introduce to the world of ProgPower. Denis had a great time and ya’ll made him fell welcome. That and he’s totally a people watcher.

Cheers: To lovely drives to Atlanta
Jeers: To still suffering from a major case of Crash anxiety.
Cheers: To texting your sister for the drive to keep your mind off of the road and the scary stuff ;)
Jeers: To not having a Sidekick so I could text back just as fast ;)

Cheers for being back at the Residence this year. I love this place
Jeers: To $19.00 a day Parking! Dang..next time use some lube when ya bend us over like that! Or give a reach around or something!
Jeers: for them overbooking and bumping those that got bumped or had their rooms changed.
Cheers: for being in 208 and close to BREAKFAST CLUB! I live for Breakfast Club. The telling of the stories is the best ritual evah! Mike Blevins is king of that!
Jeers: for the limit and lack of decent eating places within walking distance that don’t kill your wallet. Altho I think the Pizza guys are cheering for the tips they made off us.
Jeers: for a $9 Redbull and Jaeger…WTF? Oy freaking vey

Jeers: To losing that stone from my ring.
Cheers: To the kind people who helped a distraught lady try and find it.
Cheers: to the NoVA/Division Family that attempted to cheer me up Thursday night. We’ll make a sign next year.

Cheers: To all the bands that showed up and performed all 3 nights. Not all of us liked all the bands, but we applaud them for showing and playing.

Cheers to The Q and crew who handled the taping of the stairs of doom. OMG’s I could SEE when the lights were out. Made it soooo much easier for me to be able to navigate them. Last thing I needed was to add injury to insult ;)

Cheers to Ken Golden for our usual barbeque/smoker chat. We’ll send ya the recipe Ken J
Cheers to all the fabulous new people I met. This was the year I got out of my shell and met the faces behind the words.

Cheers: To Denis! You take some awesome people shots. I can’t wait till you get them to me so I can upload them to share!

Cheers: To all the goddesses that I hugged and have now made fast friends with. You ladies are amazing and I am honored to know you! I have more sisters now!

Cheers: To Sybir for introducing me to the most amazing and decadent thing….A Sushi Lunch on the Patio at Pacific Rim with the divine Chocolate Martinis! Booze and Chocolate…mmmmmmm what more could a goddess want? ;)

Cheers to Freak Kitchen. I loved your music before, but after seeing your performance..move over Jay-Dub…you have competition as super fan!

Cheers: To IA for giving men better fantasies for vibrators. Wanna bet all the guitar players went home and raided the nightstand drawers for something to play guitar with? ;)
Cheers: To being able to pay back the debt of gratitude from last year. Doc…you ever need a couch again, you got it!

Cheers: To Tiffanys
Jeers: To Dollar Stores

Cheers: To taking off Monday to attempt my recovery from a really bad case of PPWS
Jeers: To Monday passing way too quickly and having to go back to work today.

Cheers: To the noticeable lack of drama this year. HUZZAH!

Cheers: To reconnecting with so many long time friends this year.
Jeers: If I missed any one. L

Coldie :worship: