Cheers 'N' Jeers VII

JenniferLynn said:

Cheers - first in foremost, my Malakas; you two MADE PP for me...
the Pagan Mind guys - as cool as they are talented (piano songs make me sad!!)
Micheal from Circus Maximus - for his take on the draperies around the venue, singing while we took a pic and draggin' me in to watch about 20 seconds of Evergrey's 'I'm Sorry' ... He rawks...
Tore and the Granada porch ~ TO THE PORCH CREW!!!
Circus Maximus - holy shit I love them and must own their stuff #1
Vision Divine - holy shit I love them and must own their stuff #2
Jamie the bartender - for the love of God who gave him a mic?? (It was funny tho... )

Jeers -
um...
hmm...
Oh that I couldn't use my plastic as much as I would've liked ~ I would've spent ALOT more...
That it had to end and there was alot of people I didn't get to say good bye too!!
and damn did it end quick!!!
Cheers;
PORCH CREW! PORCH CREW! What a great time hangin' with Tore (Jorn), Outworld guys, Circus Maximus, Stian (Pagan's Mind), and Katagory V. Awsome people! Toronto, where are you dude? I need your e-mail.:headbang: :headbang:
Jeers
Andy Engberg from Lionshare/Section A was there, and almost no one seem to notice. The man is a vocal God! Sang backup vox for the Evergrey show.

Cheers:
-Friendly folks in Atlanta (particularly at the restaurants)
-No hurricanes & generally beautiful weather
-Glenn for finally caving in and getting Freak Kitchen
-Meeting new friends (Julien, Michael, Justin, Drew) and seeing old ones (Greg, Matt, Aki, Ernie, Milton, Manda, Jimmy, Kelly, Scottie, Dave, Dustin, Charlie, etc.)--I miss you all already :(
-Mattias, Bjorn and Christer for being such approachable, friendly dudes (not to mention stealing the show!)
-Jasun, Troy, Christina & the rest of the ZH guys for being the sweetest people ever--I love you guys!
-Justin & Michael for helping me out with the hotel costs pretty last minute
-Evergrey's set--far as I'm concerned they should have closed out the festival instead of Jorn. The place was freakin' packed!
-The taped stairs. I saw fewer people tripping this year as a result.

Jeers:
-The Granada for their overpriced rooms and uptight employees.
-Mercenary's mix. I was really looking forward to them but the clean vocals were totally drowned out.
-Jorn's set for the lack of Ark.
-Price of drinks at the venue & them not having the ingredients for a white russian--very disappointing! :p
-Lack of merch (specifically Freak Kitchen)
-Lack of places to eat late at night when you're craving the munchies
-The withdrawal I'm experiencing now that it's over :(

I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but that's all I can think of for now.

Here's a great big jeer going out to all those catcalling Simone when she was removing her jacket, and then complaining about her lack of audience interaction. Well, how about showing her a little respect as an artist and a real person and maybe you'll get respect as a member of the audience.

Cheers to all of those who managed not to act as drunken assholes. Someday I'd like to be able to walk through a crowd at a metal show without having various bits of my anatomy grabbed.

Cheers to the girls for corset night! It was so nice to see some of the ones you ladies were able to find. And thanks to the ladies who organised a lacing party. I would love to be there, and help, but I suck like that! :D

Here's to next year!

Kim K said:
Cheers
Glenn - another great show, keep them coming - now get some much needed rest.
The Crew - as always, an awesome job
The Bands - for giving 120% and kicking our asses. Great show guys.
The crowd - awesome bunch of people, can't wait to see you next year.

Jeers
Not having enough time to hang out with all my friends - the weekend goes so fast.
Cab drivers who don't have a clue where they are let alone where they are going.
Being bumped to the 11th street Residence
Having to walk 6 blocks when the cab didn't show.
Hangovers
Lack of sleep
Waiting until Jan/Feb to find out who's playing next year.
Being at work today - what was I thinking

Again Glenn and Crew thank you. Great job.

Cheers
Thank you Kim for wearing those skin tight jeans. I thought I was in love everytime you walked by (don't be pissed).:loco: o_O
Thanks to Tore for pullin' out the sippin' whiskey, very smooth.
Thanks to all the bands and fans that hung out on the Granada porch for three days.
Glenn, I 'll never question your judgement again.:worship:

Jeers
Drivin' back to Tampa.:p

Pellaz said:
Jeers:
3. Myself, for not organizing the PPUSA Forum nametags with enough time in advance to announce some sort of organized way to get them. Some folks saw me and got 'em, but a lot of folks couldn't. The good news is that I have leftovers for next year. :heh:

I'm one of those folks who sometimes struggles with names/faces -- so I'd love to help with the effort next year.

The tables next to where the PPVII shirts were sold seemed pretty empty most of the time. Maybe someone could set up for 30 minutes or so each day, right as the venue opens, to let folks pick them up. I'd be happy to volunteer for a shift.

AngraRULES said:
Lucky SoB.... LOL There's the advice for next year. The elevator almost killed Empress...:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
He isn't exagerating, it took two guys to try and stop that damn thing. Just watch out for the elevators for those of you who want cheap hotels!

LunaTEKKE said:
I'm one of those folks who sometimes struggles with names/faces -- so I'd love to help with the effort next year.

The tables next to where the PPVII shirts were sold seemed pretty empty most of the time. Maybe someone could set up for 30 minutes or so each day, right as the venue opens, to let folks pick them up. I'd be happy to volunteer for a shift.

I was thinking maybe just doling them out to the line before doors-open, and then maybe setting up inside somewhere for a while. Might work. It'd certainly work better! :D

'Course, some people just wouldn't want to wear a nametag, and that's fine, too.

The_Q said:
Cheers:
7. Aki for not being anywhere near the fricking PP chat room for once!
That's what you think! I had my cell phone in my pocket which I can use for connecting to the chatroom! Muahahaha. :heh: (Although I have to admit I didn't do that because the price would have been very bad using with my Finnish operator heh). Cool finally meeting you man.

Cheers:
-Every single person I talked to all weekend - it was great to see people I knew earlier, connect some chatroom nicknames to faces (extra cheers to all these!) and make some totally new friends!
-Mercenary guys, Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind guys for hanging out and being super cool all the time (and for making me crack up by saying some totally unexpected stuff in Finnish)
-Bear for the Sat night party
-The sound was awesome with my earplugs for every show I was into (this includes even the EG string quartet which I heard very well upfront on the left side of the stage)
-Carina, Tom and Rikard for being totally cool all weekend as always - not to forget the brilliant show you put up!
-The folks who did the hilarious "Aki, Aki, Aki!" chant before the Jorn show - got me pretty speechless with a "I'm not worthy!" feeling in my head, sure wasn't expecting that :)
-Glenn (and the rather surprising stage dive)
-Tess (you're not that bad of a girl after all ;)), Annie (I hope I did not miss a chick fight about the Thunderstone pick! :)) and THE mom - thanks for the badge again
-Very fast food service at the Vinyl the times I needed it, which was early after opening on a couple of days but I was really happy with the two 7-10 minute orders I did. I'm sure it was a looot slower later on heh
-Everyone with a camera inside the venue and taking pics with me and friends/band members when asked to :)
-Jax&Glenn for the SymX stuff
-The two Finns I met there as fans, hope to see you again one day! Cheers also to Esa Ahola for finally saying hi!
-Freak Kitchen for one of the most fun shows I'll ever get to witness and for being so fan-approachable all weekend - I think Mattias lied to me though when I asked him if they're having a "Swedish" threesome at the hotel, he said they wouldn't... :D
-Also naturally a big cheer for everyone insisting to buy me a beer hehe

Jeers:
-I wish the headliners could have started a bit earlier (=in schedule, definitely not blaming anyone for this though) so we would have had a bit more energy and time for partying afterwards
-Missed saying goodbye to quite a few people - you all gotta make it to the chatroom because of that :)
-Nevermore for canceling PP and then playing a special headlining show in Finland the day after I left the country for the PP trip! (Although big cheers to Jakob and Mike from Mercenary for bullshitting me for like an half an hour about never seeing Nevermore, that was too hilarious guys!)

cheers
toronto: you were a blast
tore: way to hold the porch down dude, thanks for the whiskey, come back soon
Kat V: prog power VIII?
Zak Stevens' mom picking him up at the granada :Smokin:
circus maximus across the hall
stienar krokmo very cool guy
photos with everybody who was willing
the whole family type atmosphere of the fest

jeers
drive back to tampa( i know you had it first meanmistreater)

Meteornotes said:
Jeers

Guys doing stupid and inappropriate things to women. I heard some creepy stories. Some people need a good tasering.

Yep, embarrasing. I wish the girls would just kick them flush in the fucking nutz whenever a loser feels the right to grab them somewhere/anywhere.

Beast in the Ruins said:
cheers
toronto: you were a blast
tore: way to hold the porch down dude, thanks for the whiskey, come back soon
Kat V: prog power VIII?
Zak Stevens' mom picking him up at the granada :Smokin:
circus maximus across the hall
stienar krokmo very cool guy
photos with everybody who was willing
the whole family type atmosphere of the fest

jeers
drive back to tampa( i know you had it first meanmistreater)
Okay, which porch dweller were you?

(That's what you think! I had my cell phone in my pocket which I can use for connecting to the chatroom! Muahahaha. (Although I have to admit I didn't do that because the price would have been very bad using with my Finnish operator heh). Cool finally meeting you man.)- Pollution (AKI Aki)

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone get that phone away from him next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1LOL

None of us got to say bye... let us know if he reads the board or let him know how cool it was to hang out with him.

Angrafan said:
I've known Navin for years! Nice guy indeed!
He used to live here in South Florida... he moved back to his native Trinidad earlier this year...
He's very good friends with me, Empress and the rest of the south florida guys! :)