Cheers 'N' Jeers VII

It is all good dude, I was very tired but found you guys pretty fucking amusing.

scooterSST said:
Cheers:
Fucking with Chris Lotesto... Dude what possessed you too move closer to us?, (you had to see this to understand it), Lish and I were about to pee ourselves from laughing, and Linda i apologize if you found the whole thing less than amuzing, but you seemed like you were a pretty good sport about it.

rottingflesh said:
It is all good dude, I was very tired but found you guys pretty fucking amusing.

scooterSST said:
Cheers:
Fucking with Chris Lotesto... Dude what possessed you too move closer to us?, (you had to see this to understand it), Lish and I were about to pee ourselves from laughing, and Linda i apologize if you found the whole thing less than amuzing, but you seemed like you were a pretty good sport about it.

very cool... was that not the most spastic drunken lapdance you've ever seen..?

Cheers
1. All my friends from all over the US who came down and hung out with me and the family.
2. To the best lineup top to bottom of the 4 festivals I have attended.
3. Glenn for putting together a lineup that people bitched about was weak, but turned out to be REALLY strong
4. Shane for an excellent pre-party show. Going to be hard to top that lineup
5. Ruth's Chris for a killer steak Saturday afternoon
6. Ultra comfy bed at the Sheraton downtown which I needed each night for my aging back.
7. Buddy Pat for getting me the festival and Evergrey special shirts...thanks dude
8. Pat and Ben for getting all of us seats each night!!!!!!!!
9. Jason for coming all the way from LA and becoming a convert. I told you it would take one PP Festival to be a believer and want to come back!!!
10. My wife and twin step-daughters who come to the festival and we rock out Family style!
11. Special thanks to the bands that really exceeded my expectations: Freak Kitchen, Epica, Jorn, Leatherwolf, Circle II Circle, Circus Maximus and Evergrey.

Jeers:
1. To the one band that didn;t do it for me.
1a. To the certain fan of this band that keeps PMing me because I didn;t like this band. Get over it.
2. My wife for getting hit in the head with the boom camera stand when someone snuck under the camera.
3. not seeing and meeting up with everyone I wanted too this weekend.
4. Taco Mac for not putting enough DEATH sauce on my wings.
5. Checkers for being slow as hell. What the hell are they so slow at 3am?

Meanmistreator said:
Cheers
Thank you Kim for wearing those skin tight jeans. I thought I was in love everytime you walked by (don't be pissed).:loco: o_O

Aww how sweet. It's all good, but if I come home and find you camped out on my doorstep, I might be worried.

Kim

rottingflesh said:
None of us got to say bye... let us know if he reads the board or let him know how cool it was to hang out with him.

I told him about some people asking about him and suggested him join.. he will, I think.. ;)

Bonafide member of the Porch crew here too. Yes, his name was Roman and he was cool. One of the few representing my beloved DT. Twas his first time and I made it a point to show him around and introduce him to the lifestyle. Seems he caught on pretty quick. I still wanna know where you guys were getting the beers so quick without walking down to the Shell station.:Smug:

Mountain King said:
that guy ruled...I think Roman was his name if I remember correctly

he told us his name, but we called him toronto, by the way does anybody know if he made his flight. or how to get ahold of him.

toe-ron-toe if you are out there contact me or meanmistreater, and do not touch anyoneor you might lose an eye.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it was Roman. He's going to email me photos of Sweden Rock (we were both there but never met :erk: ). When he does, I'll see about giving out the contact info.
I still wanna know where you guys were getting the beers so quick without walking down to the Shell station
Convenience store in the apartment building about a block down. ;)

SwordLord said:
Yo...

Tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, thanks for the cheers!

Nathan

Yes, Shawn, please email me the pictures you shot of us, also, when you got the chance to!

ThXinc said:
Bonafide member of the Porch crew here too. Yes, his name was Roman and he was cool. One of the few representing my beloved DT. Twas his first time and I made it a point to show him around and introduce him to the lifestyle. Seems he caught on pretty quick. I still wanna know where you guys were getting the beers so quick without walking down to the Shell station.:Smug:

we took a cab to the package store, i think it was 2 blocks up the street on thursday and stocked up the room. thus we only had to stuble over to the venue and back to the room, and we were able to maintain that happy state.

Greykiller said:
Jeers: Two assholes during the Jorn set who felt they had the right to talk the whole time. The blonde guy with the dark rock star glasses (who the fuck did you think you were fooling asshole--I am positive your talent in no way matches your choice of eyewear at a rock concert) and the guy with the quote from Jefferson on his shirt yelled in each other's ear the entire time Jorn was onstage. Of course, this obtrusion ruins the set. And no, I was not going to move because I had the perfect spot for photography and this was my one chance to take some decent pictures during the entire show.The blonde guy, who was chattering like a 70 year old woman and elbowing me in the ribs every two seconde had the audacity to ask me to move left and give him some room. He was VERY lucky I am not a violent man. If they try the same thing at the next show with someone else, maybe they will not be so lucky. One can only hope.

I think I know who you are talking about. That was the same guy that was yapping during the Freak Kitchen show as well (I was standing next to him during that set)

They were staying at the same hotel that I was at as well.

Empress said:
I told him about some people asking about him and suggested him join.. he will, I think.. ;)

Add me to that list.

AMBR said:
Yea, I'm pretty sure it was Roman. He's going to email me photos of Sweden Rock (we were both there but never met :erk: ). When he does, I'll see about giving out the contact info.

Tell him we want a picture of his flag with all the signatures.

Awwww hell yeah Aki, it was a pretty good one!!!! Great seeing you again, never long enough!!!Until next time brotha!!!

I'll make it into chat soon, promise :)

pollution said:
Cheers:
-Every single person I talked to all weekend - it was great to see people I knew earlier, connect some chatroom nicknames to faces (extra cheers to all these!) and make some totally new friends!
-Mercenary guys, Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind guys for hanging out and being super cool all the time (and for making me crack up by saying some totally unexpected stuff in Finnish)
-Bear for the Sat night party
-The sound was awesome with my earplugs for every show I was into (this includes even the EG string quartet which I heard very well upfront on the left side of the stage)
-Carina, Tom and Rikard for being totally cool all weekend as always - not to forget the brilliant show you put up!
-The folks who did the hilarious "Aki, Aki, Aki!" chant before the Jorn show - got me pretty speechless with a "I'm not worthy!" feeling in my head, sure wasn't expecting that :)
-Glenn (and the rather surprising stage dive)
-Tess (you're not that bad of a girl after all ;)), Annie (I hope I did not miss a chick fight about the Thunderstone pick! :)) and THE mom - thanks for the badge again
-Very fast food service at the Vinyl the times I needed it, which was early after opening on a couple of days but I was really happy with the two 7-10 minute orders I did. I'm sure it was a looot slower later on heh
-Everyone with a camera inside the venue and taking pics with me and friends/band members when asked to :)
-Jax&Glenn for the SymX stuff
-The two Finns I met there as fans, hope to see you again one day! Cheers also to Esa Ahola for finally saying hi!
-Freak Kitchen for one of the most fun shows I'll ever get to witness and for being so fan-approachable all weekend - I think Mattias lied to me though when I asked him if they're having a "Swedish" threesome at the hotel, he said they wouldn't... :D
-Also naturally a big cheer for everyone insisting to buy me a beer hehe

Jeers:
-I wish the headliners could have started a bit earlier (=in schedule, definitely not blaming anyone for this though) so we would have had a bit more energy and time for partying afterwards
-Missed saying goodbye to quite a few people - you all gotta make it to the chatroom because of that :)
-Nevermore for canceling PP and then playing a special headlining show in Finland the day after I left the country for the PP trip! (Although big cheers to Jakob and Mike from Mercenary for bullshitting me for like an half an hour about never seeing Nevermore, that was too hilarious guys!)

AngraRULES said:
Wet Bear-like smell in the rooms, broken toilets, non-working keys and vending machines, murder attempt by an elevator...

Lots of things went very wrong... :lol::lol::lol:

How the hell would you know what I smell like when Wet!! ya bastage!!! :kickass:

Bear said:
How the hell would you know what I smell like when Wet!! ya bastage!!! :kickass:

'cause we've been around you when you sweat... :)

I've been trying to email you knucklehead... a buddy of mine may be moving out your way.. I need to know if you have any connections in the jazz community that he may want to hook up with..