For those not in attendance, what happened with Damian and his "guest"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an exotic art exhibition in the Loft during PP. Damien was outside the venue and ended up getting approached and invited upstairs by some women involved in the exhibition. He decided to invite one of the "exhibits" on stage with him during one of his songs during the all star jam. She was wearing underwear that, while not a g-string were pretty small and had paint over a lot of her body (I'm sure there will be pictures up soon enough). She proceeded to bend over and shake her ass several times and pretty much give him a lap dance.
What she was (not) wearing really didn't bother me. Hell, I went to school for art and have a naked photograph of one of my friends in college that she did for a piece. But the stripper dancing wasn't really needed.

Com'on, that song is played in every strip club across America, second only to 'Pour Some Sugatr on Me'. Well, maybe 'Cherry Pie' too. But was it really that big of a deal. I did not hear many complaints about it, no one seemed to give it a second thought. However it did quickly loose it's steam during the song. Perhaps better if she had the rythem?
As for belonging there, well they don't really work with Cradle of Filth or at Wacken either. But it does happen.

OMG Boobies! The world is gonna end!

Sarcasm aside: I completely understand Glenn's point of view in this not being the image he wants to portray for Prog Power, I also understand that there might have been children in the crowd or whatever, and it was not an appropriate time for this.

However, only in the Americas do we get all up in a tizzy about nakedness and sexuality, yet bands can sing about satan, beelzebub, or whatever they want, and we can show people blowing their heads off on TV and no one bats an eye. Food for thought.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

meh..

I thought it was unnecessary, but overall it didn't really bother me. However, if I had children there, I would be rather pissed off. ProgPower is an all ages show, isn't it? That kind of thing has no place at an all-ages show, IMO.

@TBJ - that woman didn't have breasts. I doubt she'd have even fit in an A-cup.

However, only in the Americas do we get all up in a tizzy about nakedness and sexuality, yet bands can sing about satan, beelzebub, or whatever they want, and we can show people blowing their heads off on TV and no one bats an eye. Food for thought.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

meh..

Nope. You mean only in the United States. Not the Americas.

Did no one else notice that there were already pictures of bare breasts in the venue before any of that happened?? I didn't actually SEE it, but if they were practically simulating sex on stage, then yeah, that aspect is over the top. A girl gyrating to music on stage while wearing body paint (I consider that the same as tight-fitting clothing) isn't exactly something new to me. I could imagine from the descriptions that Floor's on-stage presence was much more sexually stimulating than this girl's (who supposedly had no clue how to dance, or was inhibited by those ridiculous stripper heels)!

I believe I speak for all of the guys reading this thread when I say, "Please elaborate." :)

Eh, there's nothing really to elaborate. We all exchanged art work at the end of our senior year. It's sitting in a box under the guest bed because I've no place to put it all. Nude figures is nothing new. I started drawing naked men & women back in high school (went to a night time college figure drawing class).

Actually, it was much more than just what she was or wasn't wearing. I had my 12 year old with me. We have watched movies together with more nudity in them than Damien's performance. However, I didn't expect to have my son watch her grinding on Damien's face, not once but twice. Had she just come out naked and shaken her ass a little, I do not think many people would have had a problem with it. Hell, I would be the last person to bitch. What she did, however, was a little too much for an all ages show.

Eh, there's nothing really to elaborate. We all exchanged art work at the end of our senior year. It's sitting in a box under the guest bed because I've no place to put it all. Nude figures is nothing new. I started drawing naked men & women back in high school (went to a night time college figure drawing class).

Sorry... by "elaborate", I meant "share the goods"... in an artistic sense, of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.