For those not in attendance, what happened with Damian and his "guest"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a body-painting model myself, and while I am all for artistic expression, it could have been a.) pre-arreanged with Glenn, and b.) done with a bit more class.
If you're going to have a woman onstage dancing about in high heels, make sure she won't embarrass you and the rest of the production.
The poor girl couldn't even walk in those shoes, and the fact that thjey were "ho-clear" didn't really help either.
I think some tasteful dancing would have been perfect for it, but the downright ghetto butt-humpery that took place was just not adding anything to the performance at all.
I felt sort of bad for her after it was all said and done...but different streaks for different freaks, I suppose.

I pray this thread ends here.

But Damien is such a sweet and charming man ;) You can't tell me you didn't melt, looking into those big proggy eyes of his. Pretty girls always get rock star attention; its totally not fair! What did you have that I didn't?

You gotta admit, it was incredibly ironic that we were talking about him not more than 5 minutes before he hung out wiith us! That rocked!

That erotic art moment was NBD to me, just a little tacky and unexpected. That said, I can't believe anyone was offended by it. I have no problem with a little sexuality in music. It wasn't any worse than Mattias playing guitar with three vibrators and then launching his batteries into the crowd, one of which landed down my shirt and down my pants into my ass crack (was wearing a belt).

I just wanted to post this and stick up for Damien a bit, as I thought he was a totally cool cat -- humble, sociable, modest, and all the good things we like to hear about Prog Power performers. He no doubt did something he regrets and got caught up in the moment.

No offense to any of the Prog Power women who felt slightly offended though. Just stating my opinion.

The Michael

But Damien is such a sweet and charming man ;) You can't tell me you didn't melt, looking into those big proggy eyes of his.

You're right, she can't. Mostly because I have footage proving otherwise. ;)

I just wanted to post this and stick up for Damien a bit, as I thought he was a totally cool cat -- humble, sociable, modest, and all the good things we like to hear about Prog Power performers. He no doubt did something he regrets and got caught up in the moment.

It seemed pretty apparent that he just had no idea people would react that way. Mostly because he's not American (and we're sadly the repressed ones at this point in history) and maybe just a little 'cause he was drunk.

No offense to any of the Prog Power women who felt slightly offended though. Just stating my opinion.

And I'm sure had they been at the Residence Inn at 6am on Saturday/Sunday, they would have each gotten a very personal apology from Damien. Hell, the man barely remembered the experience. Except for certain more vivid images. :D

I'm gonna go out on a limb and stand up for Damian.It was 2AM on the final night of ProgPower,she was clothed,scantily,but clothed,and anybody who is out at 2 AM should expect the unexpected.Maybe something arranged by Glen would have been more appropriate,but you can't blame Damian for going with it.U make your choices and you live with 'em

The entire complaint regarding her is that her act was classless and vulgar.

Compare Halcyon Way's belly dancer - much more tasteful, and an infinitely better dancer - she didn't feel the need to grind anybody's face.

It's the vulgarity of the act which was offensive, not the idea in itself.

Nope. You mean only in the United States. Not the Americas.

Well, I'm from Central America(or the Carribean, however you wanna call it) and my experience has been that most of the predominantly-catholic Latin american countries are like this as well. A model or actress can walk around a TV show in a skimpy outfit showing her g-string and no one cares but if her top falls off at the beach while she is on vacation or something the media always make a huge deal out of it. "OMG, boobies, think of the children!!!"

I think Brazil is a little more modern in this regard, and I am envious because of it hehe.:lol:

For the father that had his 12 year old son with him, good for you to take your son out to Prog Power!, i think thats awesome..

And on a related note, i guess that was as best time as any to talk to him about the birds and the bees!!

.....Compare Halcyon Way's belly dancer - much more tasteful, and an infinitely better dancer - she didn't feel the need to grind anybody's face.

It's the vulgarity of the act which was offensive, not the idea in itself.

Strikethenight, thank you for the kind words on my dance! :) I didn't witness the "event" that took place during the All star jam, but maybe I'm glad I missed it :D

:headbang:!

I feel bad for Damian, and hope that none of this ridiculous backlash deters him from playing here again.

In regards to the "kids" and making the argument that PP is an "all ages show." I would offer that until the "kids" start forking out $140 for a ticket, hundreds more on plane tix, hotel arrangements(which they can't even make), booze, food, shitloads of merch, etc... until they start doing that, maybe this show should continue to be aimed at adults. Furthermore, adults who are able to make the distinction between what is meant to be in good fun, and what is meant to be intentionally raunchy and offensive.

How I feel about it is that it was definitely one of those "I wasn't expecting to see that!" sort of phenomenons. I'm sure it wasn't deliberately meant to offend anyone.

I was sitting in the middle 4 rows up from behind the sound guy and I can tell you this, I looked around the row and people behind me and mainly everyone was just sort of having one of those "Duh" moments.

I know somebody mentioned the choice of song and I believe the same thing it's sort of one of those "stripper/dancer anthems". Face it, I'm sure she wouldn't have known how to wiggle-it and giggle-it to some 20 minute prog epic (ha ha).

I wonder what Lance King told his kids about The Painted Lady? rotfl

I know somebody mentioned the choice of song and I believe the same thing it's sort of one of those "stripper/dancer anthems". Face it, I'm sure she wouldn't have known how to wiggle-it and giggle-it to some 20 minute prog epic (ha ha).

I wonder what Lance King told his kids about The Painted Lady? rotfl

LOL! Stripper anthem, that's awesome! Maybe she SHOULD have danced to Redemption during Sapphire. Lots of time changes for her to get freaky.

Maybe Lance told his kids what I told my girlfriend; that it was a guest appearance by Midnight. I think she bought it, too.

Darn I missed the festival, Damian is da man! I would have taken as much pictures as possible with my digital camera...oh yes was not allowed. Well the the frustration is less :heh:

NP: Satanic Rites - 'Feel The Power'

We'll I'm glad all the offended here will then also not allow their kids watch the Superbowl halftime shows, Grammy and MTV music awards with Britney and hooker-clad cast grinding and gyrating their hips suggesting sexual acts on national TV during primtime. I'm also glad all the offended here monitor every minute of their children's activity on the internet where it's so easy to find graphic material that makes Damien's prank look tame. Who would have thought they were going to loose their innocence at the age of 12 at a rock and roll concert where the alcohol flows for 3 straight days?

Maybe I wouldn't have been as offended if she was a little better looking or if she didn't sit on his face like that. Otherwise, I'm all for sex and rock 'n roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.