New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

:lol: I think I was one of 3 people on the planet who liked Coke II better than Coke Classic. Then again, I DO prefer Pepsi. Ask for it by name in Atlanta! :heh:

ha ha, yeah...I dont think Pepsi is big in Atlanta. I work heavily with the Coca-Cola company....I get the joke.

Remember Crystal Pepsi....that lasted like a year...maybe.

but back to the thread at hand....hopefully they get the next announcement rolling soon to build up the hype. Lots happening already.

OK folks..time to reign this thread in. Please keep the discussion to the bands announcement. The social chatter around the event should be taken back to their forum out of courtesy please.

Well, if you get the chance, be selective and come to the show. If you see them, you will wish you would have seen them sooner. I don't have kids, but I understand the kid thing :)

There will be other shows!

this isnt Jen is it????

you can catch Sacred Dawn any weekend here in the chicago area. You can always count on a few things here in Chicago....cold weather, slow El trains and a Sacred Dawn show each weekend.

Losing much interest every moment with Perzonal War.
You are from the area right? The last show they played in Chicago was Nite Caps on Black Wednesday! LOL

In the case of getting drawing headliners.......it is a tough thing now a days to do....for any fest. With so many bands touring the states now. How do you find that one band that hasnt toured and still will be able to draw big numbers for you. It seems to get tougher year after year for any fest. This is why also the undercard is so important and why so many little fest seem to fail. You cant just depend on one band to save your show. I am very interested in seeing who the headliners will be.

They must be having trouble in locking down their top four bands. Hopefully they get something locked down soon .. the out of stater's I know that were thinking of coming to Powerfest are starting to get cold feet.

Britt

They must be having trouble in locking down their top four bands. Hopefully they get something locked down soon .. the out of stater's I know that were thinking of coming to Powerfest are starting to get cold feet.

Britt

Yeah. I know what you mean. I live only 3.5 hours away. But that first week of May books up quickly. If they don't announce something soon, I'm going to take a pass on them this year.

Bill

I'm still very certain that I'm driving up based on Pagan Fest and the first couple of bands they have announced. If they can get a couple of decent headliners, that would just be icing on the cake for me.

It is really going to be hard to pull in any big names this late in the game. Hopefully they can pull something off good. Like stated earlier on in this thread....with so many acts touring and booking thier summer fest in Europe...the pickings gets slim. I am already down for Pagan fest 2. Now it is the waiting game.

It is really going to be hard to pull in any big names this late in the game. Hopefully they can pull something off good. Like stated earlier on in this thread....with so many acts touring and booking thier summer fest in Europe...the pickings gets slim. I am already down for Pagan fest 2. Now it is the waiting game.

Depends on their ticket price too. If its fairly reasonable, and you live nearby, then bands like Kiuas would be worth paying to see. I have to imagine that they already have the bands fairly solidified, and are just finalizing the contracts/details. Otherwise, they may be best off just making the bands they have headliners, getting some other decent 'local' support and cutting their losses and maybe a little gain.

Depends on their ticket price too. If its fairly reasonable, and you live nearby, then bands like Kiuas would be worth paying to see. I have to imagine that they already have the bands fairly solidified, and are just finalizing the contracts/details. Otherwise, they may be best off just making the bands they have headliners, getting some other decent 'local' support and cutting their losses and maybe a little gain.

I think having Kiuas and Novembers Doom headline would be a huge mistake. Both bands are good but not a big draw. Even if tickets were very cheap. I am all for getting some good US acts to help bring some sort of support to the US metal scene. Why bring in bands frmo over seas when this country is over flowing with good bands.

I'm still very certain that I'm driving up based on Pagan Fest and the first couple of bands they have announced. If they can get a couple of decent headliners, that would just be icing on the cake for me.

I've got my Wednesday (Opeth/Enslaved .. House Of Blues, Chicago) and Thursday (Paganfest .. mainly for Primordial) all set up, but Powerfest is still in question for me until I see some more bands.

They are off to a decent start with their first announcement, but if the final bands don't strike a chord with me I could bail on Friday and Saturday yet.

Britt