ProgPower do's, don'ts

i'm so glad there's a no moshing rule....i hate moshing at *any* show i go to, especially since i prefer to be in the front along the rail when possible. moshers ruined the 2006 Blind Guardian show for me :mad:

I seriously understand, man. I used to not mind moshing, except it almost hospitalized me at the December 06 Children of Bodom show I went to.

No, I'm not exaggerating, so don't call me out on that. I had mono at the time, and had an enflamed liver and an enlarged spleen - blows to either of them could have SEVERELY injured me and left me in the hospital. I was desperate to be up front - Bodom is my favorite band, if only because of their old material. I was literally pinned to the railing because of moshers, to the point where I couldn't even enjoy the show because I was fearing for my own health. I bruised my breastbone quite painfully at that show, but nothing to my liver or spleen that actually hospitalized me.

you have a really shitty additude.

I'm obviously not the only one. I haven't seen a message board with so much bitchiness on it since I was in the travel industry (it gets ugly). Are there ANY men on thread? :lol:

Don't worry, I suddenly lack the desire to ever visit your cliquish event, and the bible belt is pretty low on my list of vacation destinations (no matter who happens to be playing).

Continue your ASSumptions....I find them amusing. :loco: :p

ProgPower is not your run of the mill CoB concert, from both a musical and fan standpoint. It should be very easy to use discretion when it comes to ANY show, when certain actions will or wont fly. HAVE to mosh? Have fun at your local MN shows. I will be grinning from ear to ear, starting at about 6 tomorrow night, for roughly 4 days straight. :)

ProgPower is not your run of the mill CoB concert, from both a musical and fan standpoint. It should be very easy to use discretion when it comes to ANY show, when certain actions will or wont fly. HAVE to mosh? Have fun at your local MN shows. I will be grinning from ear to ear, starting at about 6 tomorrow night, for roughly 4 days straight. :)

Exactly.

Couldn't have much said it better myself.

However, I won't be smiling at 6 tomorrow night. At 6 tomorrow night I will be on a bus somewhere on my way to Atlanta.

I'll probably be grinning from ear to ear in anticipation, though, so, scratch that.

I'm obviously not the only one. I haven't seen a message board with so much bitchiness on it since I was in the travel industry (it gets ugly). Are there ANY men on thread? :lol:

Don't worry, I suddenly lack the desire to ever visit your cliquish event, and the bible belt is pretty low on my list of vacation destinations (no matter who happens to be playing).

All of a sudden you think you're on the Blabbermouth forums, eh??

You're amusing as well. Do me a favor, and go mosh in front of a truck in the middle of the highway. I'm sure you'd love it!! :lol:

Fuck off, Ixe. Your childish trollings are not needed here.

Wow! I didn't even know that page still existed. You must have really had a slow day at the office to dig up all that old information about my personal business (yeah, I know it sucked, but computers aren't my thing and that was my first attempt at web design so screw off) and personal photos. Great work.....stalker FREAK:ill:

I'm just here, and very irritated because I CAN'T SELL THESE TICKETS!

Is this concert really not worth $50 to somebody in the area that didn't get them in time? They're on ebay now, and the One and ONLY offer I got was a joke, and looked like it came from a scalper/dealer.
At this point, I'm willing to GIVE them to someone who is cool (a real metalhead, not a scalper).

Is this concert really not worth $50 to somebody in the area that didn't get them in time? They're on ebay now, and the One and ONLY offer I got was a joke, and looked like it came from a scalper/dealer.
At this point, I'm willing to GIVE them to someone who is cool (a real metalhead, not a scalper).

This concert is worth plenty more than $50 to the nearly thousand metalheads who support it annually. I'm sure most of us (who already have our tickets because we are avid supporters and bought them right away) would pay upwards of $200 or maybe more for this festival (hopefully it will never come to that, Glenn) if that was the price we had to pay to keep a quality metal festival like ProgPower alive in the US.

But if you come on here, to a forum of folks who strongly support this festival, its promoter, and the choices he makes to improve the quality of the festival by making a few rules (no moshing, etc.) and you almost right away (only 23 posts and most of those are trying to sell your ticket or complaining about the "no moshing" rule :rolleyes:) start complaining about things that are not the focus of the festival, then you can't really expect those people to want to help you.

The music and the camaraderie are the focus of this festival. I'm not certain what circumstances have caused you to miss out on the first of those two, but you defiantly missed out on the second because of your attitude on this board.

Best of luck selling your ticket.

Wow! I didn't even know that page still existed. You must have really had a slow day at the office to dig up all that old information about my personal business (yeah, I know it sucked, but computers aren't my thing and that was my first attempt at web design so screw off) and personal photos. Great work.....stalker FREAK:ill:

I'm just here, and very irritated because I CAN'T SELL THESE TICKETS!

It actually took 5 minutes, from looking at your profile here to finding your linked myspace to finding your blog entry referring to your old business myspace. Before you go accusing me of being some deviant and sending me multiple nasty private messages to read you should think about how much of your personal information you put out there and how forum trolling represents you, the real flesh & blood you, to the world at large. That was the point of my message.