ProgPower do's, don'ts

Which honestly, I'm not sure why the lack of it would be a turn-off. And for those interested in the Pink Skeleton, please check the site, the owner is onsite so the hours are a bit different than most regular retail stores.

I don't think anybody else has mentioned this one:
If you are saving somebody's seat, know they will be gone a while, and somebody else asks if they can sit there, rather than saying, "No," try saying, "You can sit there until they come back."

I don't think anybody else has mentioned this one:
If you are saving somebody's seat, know they will be gone a while, and somebody else asks if they can sit there, rather than saying, "No," try saying, "You can sit there until they come back."

I really have to second this statement here. There's not really an overabundance of seats in this venue and most of us are standing for about half of an entire week for this festival. If somebody needs a breather, let them have it...otherwise you're ruining the mood of the festival for EVERYONE.

And thats the way we all like it. Keep moshing out of metal shows please. Especially sonata arctica.
I take it that crowd surfing is also a festival no-no? (Fingers crossed that answer is "yes"......)
Moshing and crowd surfing are both out - and I'm damn glad of it! Got hit in the face last night at the Sonata Arctica/Firewind show. Absolutely no warning and this guy came flying feet first into the photo pit and into the side of my head. Just missed getting a nasty black eye for ProgPower. :mad: I think the cut in my eyebrow will be unnoticeable then.

Moshing and crowd surfing are both out - and I'm damn glad of it! Got hit in the face last night at the Sonata Arctica/Firewind show. Absolutely no warning and this guy came flying feet first into the photo pit and into the side of my head. Just missed getting a nasty black eye for ProgPower. :mad: I think the cut in my eyebrow will be unnoticeableby then.

Yeah, I have also had a few encounters with crowd surfers colliding with the back/top/side of my head at shows and it's a royal nuisance and I've been lucky to have escaped serious injury because the potential is certainly there. My post may have been misleading....I was hoping that crowd surfing was not allowed (except by Glenn of course).....and was in effect hoping for a "yes" to the "no crowd surfing" rule. Yes to the no. Lord, I need a lesson in semantics and grammar! :lol:

please.

DO think about me during AFTER FOREVER? (since I am not going to be there) Anyone?
:(

You might want to consider not coming next year, either. The 'no moshing' rule is a permanent feature of PPUSA.

I understand. I just think opression is a huge turn off, and metal was made for moshing to! I know at sold out shows, it's likely to be too constipated to allow it due to lack of space, or liability issues, so I'm sure they have good reasons for it.....but unfortunate, IMHO.

If I do come in the future, I will certainly be more willing to buy my tickets at the last minute. I can't even GIVE the ones I have away at this point (on ebay with OBO op. and NO offers!). :rolleyes: Sad.

Next year I'll likely shoot for locations that are a better value for my money, of course....like San Fran' for BARF, or any festivals in Europe (Wacken for sure!)....and they ALL allow moshing! :heh::kickass::headbang:

Rock on!

I understand. I just think opression is a huge turn off, and metal was made for moshing to! I know at sold out shows, it's likely to be too constipated to allow it due to lack of space, or liability issues, so I'm sure they have good reasons for it.....but unfortunate, IMHO.

If I do come in the future, I will certainly be more willing to buy my tickets at the last minute. I can't even GIVE the ones I have away at this point (on ebay with OBO op. and NO offers!). :rolleyes: Sad.

Next year I'll likely shoot for locations that are a better value for my money, of course....like San Fran' for BARF, or any festivals in Europe (Wacken for sure!)....and they ALL allow moshing! :heh::kickass::headbang:

Rock on!

Power and Prog Metal are not made for moshing to. They're made to enjoy the music, not to have to spend the entire set making sure you're not injured by the assholes in the pit.

And, while I cannot speak from experience (as this is my first one), from the testimonies of people I've talked to who have been - you'll find no better value of a festival for your money in the US than ProgPower USA.

seems a bit easier to mosh at Wacken as it's an outdoor festival covering acres and acres of land... you and those 100k people can enjoy the moshing, I'll stick to THE BEST festival Progpower USA! :headbang:

Rock on!
I can't understand how one moshes to prog or power metal. :erk:

There are shows one goes to where moshing is expected, based on the bands playing. I've been to those and have moshed until I lost my tshirt in the pit and the soles of my shoe tore off (literally). I enjoyed it and so did all the moshers in the pit, because everyone there wanted to mosh. That was the time and the place.

On the other hand, it is irritating, to say the least, to be at, say... a Symphony X show, seeing the band for the very first time in front of the stage and then have three or four stupid kids start moshing right beside you. This was NOT the time, NOR the place.

And oh by the way, having to follow a simple rule in a place you choose to go hardly qualifies as oppression.

Power and Prog Metal are not made for moshing to. They're made to enjoy the music, not to have to spend the entire set making sure you're not injured by the assholes in the pit.

And, while I cannot speak from experience (as this is my first one), from the testimonies of people I've talked to who have been - you'll find no better value of a festival for your money in the US than ProgPower USA.

Quoted for truth. - Could not have said it better myself! :headbang: