Who would you have booked for PPX if Glenn gave you the power????

mjtilley

Mar 16, 2007
Here is my line-up for ProgPower X if I was in charge. It would be 3 nights and each night would have a mega headliner IMHO.

Thursday: (headliner listed first for all nights)

Savatage
Fates Warning
Hammerfall
Ivory Tower
Galynerus

Friday:

Manowar
Brainstorm
Savage Circus
Leaves' Eyes
Cellador

Saturday:

DREAM THEATER
Children of Bodom
Falconer
Spock's Beard
Power Quest
Winter's Bane

Thurs and Fri set times would be 60 min for opener, then 75, 90, 105 min, and at least 120 min for headliner. Sat set times would be 45, 60 75, 90, 105 min., and again at least 2 hrs from DT, although that would not be hard for them seeing as they have done 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hr shows b4. Okay peeps, have at it.

Assuming 3 nights... headliner listed last

Thursday:

1. Blotted Science
2. Darkwater
3. Diablo
4. Astral Doors
5. Mercenary

Friday:

1. SunCaged
2. Serenity
3. Cynic
4. Nocturnal Rites
5. Brainstorm
6. Symphony X (special set... like DWOT (song), then Odyssey (song), then all of V... or have them film a DVD... something other than the standard set)

Saturday:

1. Seventh Wonder
2. Secret Sphere
3. Brother Firetribe
4. Circus Maximus
5. Dream Evil
6. Blind Guardian

I only have only a few at the moment..
NOCTURNAL RITES!!!! only I wouldn't have waited so long to get them here. especially since now they are on hiatus according to their web site.
Freak Kitchen
Edguy
Symphony X
Pagans Mind Headliner spot..
Vanden Plas
And ofcourse those of youwho know me.. Know that without a doubt if it were affordable. DREAM THEATER
Also Kiko Lourerio would be pretty cool. his solo stuff is amazing

Thursday........

CYNIC (headliner)
CONFESSOR
INTO ETERNITY
CELLADOR
THE FINAL SLEEP (Great band from Troy, NY) http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=109337236

Fri.......

HELLOWEEN (headliner)
KAMELOT
K.A.T (odd ball, greatest polish heavy metal band in history)
WINTERS BANE feat. The Ripper Tim Owens.....OR ....BEYOND FEAR
THE END
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6586316

Sat.

MANOWAR
NIGHTWISH
EVERGRAY
DIVISION BY ZERO
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3772
ISIS
http://www.myspace.com/sgnl05

In no particular order:
HammerFall
Revolution Renaissance
Sabaton
PowerQuest
Falconer
Blaze Bayley
Blind Guardian
Grave Digger
Labyrinth
Nightwish
Edenbridge
Freedom Call

Showcase:
Elvenking
Midnattsol
Heavenly

You forgot to add: "gave you the power and quintupled your operating budget (at least). Why not ask for Maiden, Dio, and Metallica too?

Steve in Philly.

BTW, I forgot to mention Guitar Hero is the sponsor for my PPX!!!!

(thursday)
Circus Maximus
Lost Horizon (with the line-up in tact from the 2 cds)
Brainstorm
Shadow Gallery
Nevermore (special setlist)
Vintersorg (with Asgeir and Digiorgio)

(friday)
Devin Townsend
Nightingale
Freak Kitchen
Ark (reunion show)
Edge of Sanity (crimson 1 and 2 back to back)

(Saturday-special 4 hour coheadliner set day)
Arcturus
Bloodbath
Borknagar
Between the Buried and Me (coheadliner, doing all of colors, alaska, and then plus others)
Pain of Salvation (coheadliner, doing all of remedy lane, perfect element, and entropia plus others)

Assuming 3 nights... headliner listed last

Thursday:

1. Blotted Science
2. Darkwater
3. Diablo
4. Astral Doors
5. Mercenary

Friday:

1. SunCaged
2. Serenity
3. Cynic
4. Nocturnal Rites
5. Brainstorm
6. Symphony X (special set... like DWOT (song), then Odyssey (song), then all of V... or have them film a DVD... something other than the standard set)

Saturday:

1. Seventh Wonder
2. Secret Sphere
3. Brother Firetribe
4. Circus Maximus
5. Dream Evil
6. Blind Guardian

Quoted For Extreme Fucking Truth.
Jesus dude you just basically created a dream lineup for me. Even the bands I'm not a huge fan of are bands I would definitely not think twice about...

We're looking at at least 4 "must see" bands for me each night. None of this seems really at all unrealistic either. (okay maybe SX's set...just a little)...Alternatively to that I'd say get Devy to play and swap his slot with Brainstorm and we've got a deal.

There are TWO bands that I would like to see Glenn get in 2010.

1) Paradox
2) Perzonal War

Paradox is a proggy type thrash band.
Perzonal War more power thrash.

Plus, I think these two bands would fit the bill very well.

If Manticora can play this fest, Paradox can. Very speedy type music.

I think he did pretty well with it on both nights, with the exception of Andre Matos as a headliner... but then, Jorn headlined, so why not? Some of the acts are not for me... personally, for my own tastes, I'd rather see Power Quest, Royal Hunt, Andre Matos, and Circus Maximus pulled, in favor of (for example) Persuader, Morgana Lefay, Nocturnal Rites, and one of Urban Breed's current projects. However, I understand the attraction of CM, and I'm sure the other bands will appeal to the crowd, so who am I to make changes?

Bummer that Freak Kitchen can't be on the "return bands" list for X, based on the rule for repeat performers. I think they got one of the best crowd receptions, ever.

GREAT call by Glenn in getting Diablo Swing Orchestra. I got chills listening to them. They are my #1 most anticipated band.

I'd love to see SUE or Amorphis play the showcase next year. :)

Bummer that Freak Kitchen can't be on the "return bands" list for X, based on the rule for repeat performers. I think they got one of the best crowd receptions, ever.
I'm guessing the rule wasn't in effect since Pagain's Mind played VIII and are coming back for X.