Who would you have booked for PPX if Glenn gave you the power????

VINTERSORG!!!!!

Is there anybody else here that wants to see him as bad as I do? All of his cds reek of genius and perfection and have a little bit for everybody of every genre, or at least i think so.

I'd love to see him (them? them) someday; not sure if PPUSA would be the best venue for it. I'm a big fan of Cosmic Genesis; there are some tracks on other CDs that leave me cold. (The first couple on Spiral Generator, for example, have that godawful breaking screech or something....)

On a related note, I sent in a sponsorship bid for Five Guys' cajun fries for an opening slot, but either it wasn't accepted, or else Glenn forgot to check his email.

Meh on Five Guys. We were mystified when we walked in all a-glow with the thought of trying a New and Impressive Burger, only to read on the menu that they only make them well-done.
Uh, guys?
All five guys?
Touting your succulent burger and then promising to carbonize it is....well, lame.

Now, their fries might rock. :)

A few I'd like to see some day...

Porcupine Tree - I might drop dead. Seriously.

As mixed as Riverside's reaction has been this year, I'm not sure if PT would go over that well at PPUSA. And besides, PT tours the States fairly regularly AND have done quite well indeed...here in Atlanta, selling out the 1,200 capacity Roxy Theater twice despite getting no regular airplay (well, occasionally on WREKage :)). I'm glad, because I love 'em, but PPUSA might not be the best place for 'em.

Ayreon - I'm sure this would be a logistical nightmare if it were even possible, but it would rock if it happened.

All it would take is, say, 30 sponsors plopping down a thousand dollars each....or 15 plopping down $2k.... (This is guesswork, but $30k might at least put Glenn in the ballpark.) Ayreon has been on my 'dream list' to Glenn for about the last 6 years. It's something that could only happen if there were a LOT of money on the table. More, alas, than I have, anyway. :lol:

Someone should just start a separate thread entitled, "Did I forget to mention to you all that I put in a sponsorship bid? I did? Oh how foolish of me, well let me take this moment to remind everyone that I put in a sponsorship bid."

Golly. Let me get you some cheese to go with that whine.

Meh on Five Guys. We were mystified when we walked in all a-glow with the thought of trying a New and Impressive Burger, only to read on the menu that they only make them well-done.
Uh, guys?
All five guys?
Touting your succulent burger and then promising to carbonize it is....well, lame.

Don't knock it until you try it. They make the second best burgers I've ever had. The FIRST best can only be bought in Chicago.

As mixed as Riverside's reaction has been this year, I'm not sure if PT would go over that well at PPUSA.

It was mixed... 95% who thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and 5% who have their heads implanted firmly in their asses...:lol:

Porcupine Tree would be very cool...:headbang:
Or even Blackfield, but they would never go off at Progpower...

All it would take is, say, 30 sponsors plopping down a thousand dollars each....or 15 plopping down $2k.... (This is guesswork, but $30k might at least put Glenn in the ballpark.) Ayreon has been on my 'dream list' to Glenn for about the last 6 years. It's something that could only happen if there were a LOT of money on the table. More, alas, than I have, anyway. :lol:

I would love to be a sponsor for Ayreon! Hell, I'll even cash in what's left of my 401(k) and contribute it to the cause...although it's rapidly dwindling, so we'd better act fast. :lol:

Arsis
Behemoth
Dark Tranquillity
These bands all tour the US regularly though. Do they come to your area much also? I've always thought of ProgPower as something to bring over bands that don't get to do that much.

Actually, that's the main reason I quit going to the New England Metal & Hardcore fest. After a while it seemed liked the bigger bands on the bill had just come through Atlanta a few weeks earlier.

Personally I took this thread as people just talking about bands they would like to see, not insulting Glen's work with the line up. Everyone has wish lists, everyone should know that that's exactly what they are. Of coarse with the anonymity of the internet, plenty of people will always bitch and moan.

IX was my first prog power and it was incredible. I didn't know all the bands but still enjoyed them all on one level or another. Was I hoping for a certain band(s) for X? Sure I was. Everyone was. The line up is still solid. And just the experience alone is enough to make sure I'm there for X either way.

Hats off to you Glen. I myself work in advertising, and have to deal with criticism both good and bad all the time. It's not always easy. Keep up the good work though.

My lineup would look something like this. Headliners last.

Thursday:

1. Wiszdomstone
2. Leverage
3. Sun Caged
4. Aghora
5. Missa Mercuria (one time only)

Friday:

1. Serenity
2. Beyond Twilight
3. Nocturnal Rites
4. Circus Maximus
5. Kamelot
6. Shadow Gallery

Saturday:

1. Mechanical Poet
2. Twilight Guardians
3. Anubis Gate
4. Pagan's Mind
5. Nightwish
6. Demons & Wizards

There's a bit of fantasy in this lineup with the headliners but overall I think it's pretty solid. This list was based on

1. forum buzz
2. personal desire
3. how they fit in the overall style of the fest
4. repeat bands vs. new ones
5. amount of progressive vs. amount of power

I couldn't use availability and booking cost as factors as I'm not privy to that information but I did the best with what I had.

I'm fine with next year's lineup. I would love to see an all-Australia Showcase with Voyager (their latest Univers has not left my CD player in months), Vanishing Point, and Alchemist. I know it's expensive to get them here, but I figure ypu can shove 'em all in a box and ship them FedEx.

Tarot
Running Wild
Morgana Lefay
Falconer
Nocturnal Rites
Astral Doors
Sinner
Riot

and myself at the pre-pre-party :)

I really love the line up for ProgPower X, I just wish that Running Wild and/or Grave Digger could have some how been involved.

Just wondering if you missed GRAVE DIGGER at BB Kings in NYC this year, the show was amazing, full of power for 2 hours that included 20 songs. I really wanted to see this band, along with Running Wild one of my all time faves, so i travelled from Mexico City only to see them play live, hope Glen can do something to bring GD to PPX.

See ya

Ok, I'll throw my show out there. It's "if I had the power", correct? Not "if I'm trying to make people happy", right? With that said, Prog would be banned and we'd call it "power power". The initials wouldn't even change.

PPX:

Thursday:

Private Line (US Debut)
Lacrimas Profundere (US Debut?)
Gotthard (US Debut?)
Sinner (US Debut?)

Friday:
Kreyson (US Debut)
Crematory (US Debut?)
Wig Wam (US Debut)
Poisonblack (US Debut)
Running Wild (1st US show since 1991ish?)

Saturday:
Tiamat (1st US show since ???)
Crashdiet (US Debut)
Axel Rudi Pell (US Debut?)
Morgana Lefay
Pretty Maids (1st US show since 1991?)

On call to backup at a moment's notice: Xandria, In Extremo, Vengeance, Fate, Delain, Charon, Metalium and The Poodles. Why this lineup? Because like He-Man, "I have the power". And before you take the time to type "I wouldn't come", save yourself the time because I'll hit you with a preemptive "Good. Stay home".

The only things threads like this are good for is a way to get band names out there that noobs do not know.

Now, we can all go check these bands out and maybe buy some of their stuff.

But let's not second guess Glenn.

I mean, Really.

Just.

Don't.

Getting in late to this party but here is mine, half realistic, half wish-list,
no particular order:

Wolf
Seventh Wonder
Obsession/Michael Vescera Project
Helstar
Cloudscape
Riot