Turisas cancels ProgPower USA appearance

I am sure the environment is great. I get that vibe. Lots of passionate metal fans. One of the main reasons I post here. Isn't posting here as well as discussing Prog Power on other sites (IE - Metal Rules, Hellride, Facebook, etc) also promoting the fest? Isn't word of mouth worth something, since positive statements about the fest certainly help generate ticket sales?

Yes, that PLUS attending the show, financially supporting it... yes that is what should be done to fully support the event. IOW I am saying, go the extra mile.

But for all this whining about the lineup, and as you say it is a blast if they'd just attend, I don't think I'm that far off with saying true metal fans will attend. Should attend. At least once every 2 or 3 years.
You're not far off at all. And I appreciate your passion. As some have noted, wanting to attend and being able to attend can be separated by a million miles for some people.

Believe me, I've been in situations of not being able to make shows many times, for many reasons. We're all in that boat now and then. At some point though... your words not mine (to Jasonic)... "That said... get your ass down here."

You're not far off at all. And I appreciate your passion. As some have noted, wanting to attend and being able to attend can be separated by a million miles for some people.

After careful consideration of all my realistic options, I have decided to invite Blackguard to join Friday’s roster.
Just curious, was Aska not available? They would have blown the doors off the building. Although, I can see how that might be a building violation. Still, I don't quite understand how this band has never played this festival.

:err:

Just curious, was Aska not available? They would have blown the doors off the building. Although, I can see how that might be a building violation. Still, I don't quite understand how this band has never played this festival.

I am right there with you on this one, they would be so frigging AWESOME!!! And what a show they put on.

as The Su sits here in her tiny little Aska girlie tee (which was given to her personally by George and Danny), all i can say is
PURRRRRRRRRRRRR - i like the way you think, Greg :)
Su, Danny, George and Tracie

Ok, my two cents (as usual, a day late a dollar short). While there are multiple circumstances why people cannot attend, I agree that everybody who is a fan of the genre should attend at least once. I went to my 1st in 2003, because... A. I had to see Nightwish ...B. CircleIICircle, Vandenplas & Redemption...and all the shock of discovering this fest for the 1st time. I was completely stunned that a lineup this strong could exist for a progressive metal show in the USA!
2004 saw me returning because the 1st one was awesome!!! I just had to go back. Unfortunately I developed a blood clot in my leg and had a truly horrible time, being in pain for most of the fest and missing alot of P.O.S and all of Edguy due to my issues with the clot.
2005 I was unable to attend, still working on the bloodclot issues. I still regret missing that show
2006 I returned again and I have been to every one since. This year we are bringing our son to his 1st, & I am guessing that he will attend every year following this one, whether we attend or not, due to the sheer enjoyment he will have at this show.

If you haven't been there, you must attend...you will be hooked eternally! Trust me...

Thurisaz were pretty solid at Chicago Powerfest in 2007.
I think the problem with them was they were a little too late to get exposed.
If they were around 5 years earlier, things may have been different for em.
Are they still active?

New album recording now.

Scent of A Dream and Circadian Rhythms were really really really really strong works. When the new album comes, their profile WILL rise a great deal. There's something Opethian about them, and I don't use that comparison loosely. Maybe if Mikael's clean vocals were more like Mariusz's of Riverside.

yeah the new Thurisaz album is called "The Cimmerian Years" and is expected to be released in the next few months. I think you're right Ben, their new record may help them gain more visibility. Although I might have said the same about the new In Vain album, but personally, that remains one of the biggest disappointments for new albums of 2010 for me.

Aska was not available. They are playing Swordbrothers in Germany that same weekend.