Turisas cancels ProgPower USA appearance

First off, not from a financial standpoint, but (as has been addressed here a time or two) why are there so many opinions from armchair quarterbacks who have in reality no intention of actually supporting PP by attending? I have seen attendance decline just like many have... and it gets me fired up. Why would any true metal fan not be at this fest? Reason is alot of "true metal fans" are really just posers trying to fit in with the truely metal crowd. To the posers I say, whine in 10 years when PP is a distant memory, or get off your ass, shut the fuck up for once, and actually support the show by ATTENDING. You WILL enjoy yourself, and you WILL discover bands you didn't even know you liked. Jesus I am so fucking fed up with all the opinions and bullshit.

Standing O, man. I still can't believe you have to talk/browbeat people into putting their money where their mouth is and attending this event. If you love metal and live in America, ProgPower should be the annual "trip to Mecca." I start saving for it the week I get home from the previous fest, and it's always the highlight of my year, even if I know fewer and fewer bands on the lineup each year. I always discover some new favorites.

First off, not from a financial standpoint, but (as has been addressed here a time or two) why are there so many opinions from armchair quarterbacks who have in reality no intention of actually supporting PP by attending? I have seen attendance decline just like many have... and it gets me fired up. Why would any true metal fan not be at this fest? Reason is alot of "true metal fans" are really just posers trying to fit in with the truely metal crowd. To the posers I say, whine in 10 years when PP is a distant memory, or get off your ass, shut the fuck up for once, and actually support the show by ATTENDING. You WILL enjoy yourself, and you WILL discover bands you didn't even know you liked. Jesus I am so fucking fed up with all the opinions and bullshit.

Having said all that (and probably alienated many), Turisis' management is forgetting one important rule in this business... you have to be careful who you screw over in this line of work, since those you fuck over on the way up, will be the same people you run into on the way down. Happens every time.

i cannot wait to pimping merch with you this year! going to be a blast and interesting view of the fest this year. not that i am inexperienced in selling CDs considering i managed a CD store for nearly 15 years, but it will be interesting in the fact that i will get to actually be engaged with more people this year.

\m/

As many have said - this has become my "trip to mecca" after attending my first back at #6 (stuff kept me from going prior to that), with the current economy/state of our company I have basically taken pay cuts and given up vacations to keep things afloat - that said, i WILL be taking my vacation to go to ATL again this and every year I can. Last year it was my ONLY days off - and it may well be again this year, but it does keep me sane enough to keep me from going on a shooting spree. I know that each year I have this fest to look forward to :)

*Shrug* I'm always up for new music... but yeah, what a crap thing to do.

As many have said - this has become my "trip to mecca" after attending my first back at #6 (stuff kept me from going prior to that), with the current economy/state of our company I have basically taken pay cuts and given up vacations to keep things afloat - that said, i WILL be taking my vacation to go to ATL again this and every year I can. Last year it was my ONLY days off - and it may well be again this year, but it does keep me sane enough to keep me from going on a shooting spree. I know that each year I have this fest to look forward to :)

I can agree with that. A friend of mine even suggested I get a tattoo saying something to the effect of, "Sorry September is my holy month, I am not avail for anything other than ProgPower."

-Metal

I can agree with that. A friend of mine even suggested I get a tattoo saying something to the effect of, "Sorry September is my holy month, I am not avail for anything other than ProgPower."

-Metal
Same here, and the sad thing is, it's my anniversary month, and no, the hubby, Matt, doesn't go. He likes "select" metal but the whole thing is more than he wants to do considering the cost.

I remember sitting backstage with a certain band one year and phoning him to wish him a happy 20th. Good sport that he is, he thought it was hilarious. This year is our 25th! (WOOT! :eek: ) Thankfully ProgPower doesn't fall on the 14th this time, but we have scaled back our travel/celebration plans in order to accommodate my ProgPower pilgrimage.
Yea, that's why Matt's a keeper. :D