Very sad......

where would you suggest we go? if this is indeed the "best" country in the world, with all its faults, since this is where i am born, i will strive to IMPROVE it. it didn't become the "best" because it was the richest, or because it had the most bombs. it was the best because its people were defenders of freedom, and now they have slyly swapped freedom for voluntary submission to the system they swore independence from.

like i said Bear, and others, i am born a citizen of this country, and i will not run away when things are not how i see it. that is unamerican. i will do what i can to change them. if Bush or whoever's in the big seat does something YOU dislike, will YOU leave?

Silent Song said:
that's always bothered me as well. people talk of the prosperity of "America" when in reality, they really mean the United States, or the United States, Canada, and possibly Mexico. America is 2 continents, not 1 country.

you are right.... believe or not... Mexico is part of North America, Central America is from Guatemala to Panama, and South America is from Colombia/Venezuela to Chile/Argentina, you can see this in any map or Atlas.

It's a mistake when most people thoughts "if speak english is North America, if speak spanish/portuguese is south america"

America is a Continent, from North Canada, to South Argentina/Chile

It's actually 3 different Americas. The concept that Central is actually part of North America is a misused concept created... guess where? The United States.

Watch... now they're gonna say that they knew it and everytime they said "God Bless America" meant the whole 3 continents... just watch... lol

Silent Song said:
where would you suggest we go? if this is indeed the "best" country in the world, with all its faults, since this is where i am born, i will strive to IMPROVE it. it didn't become the "best" because it was the richest, or because it had the most bombs. it was the best because its people were defenders of freedom, and now they have slyly swapped freedom for voluntary submission to the system they swore independence from.

like i said Bear, and others, i am born a citizen of this country, and i will not run away when things are not how i see it. that is unamerican. i will do what i can to change them. if Bush or whoever's in the big seat does something YOU dislike, will YOU leave?

Where did I once say anything about a US Citizen? Tell me that and the you have an answer. I also eluded to what your saying in not so many words, go back and read me again, ya missed it.

Bear

AngraRULES said:
Watch... now they're gonna say that they knew it and everytime they said "God Bless America" meant the whole 3 continents... just watch... lol

Naaaahhh apparently whatever anyone says to anything in difference to your opinion , you'll come up with something to to counter it.

Also what happens if you don't believe in a god? How can the America's be blessed then?

Bear

Bear, that was a joke. I wouldn't wanna have a come back for everything you said, even if it was something completely nonsense. My name is not Mattias.

What's wrong with standing by my opinions anyway?

Now if you don't believe in God... ummm... you got me there...

tell that to the US Mint Bear, they wrote "In God We Trust" on every dollar.

not to mention that prolific song "God Bless America" by that sub-par singer whom i dislike.

I was being facetious to make a point, but it was missed. I guess I need to insert emoticons to go along with my musings.

Bear

Silent Song said:
where do you draw the line then, all you security mongers who love to sacrifice your freedoms? how much is too far for you? i'd like to know.

In all seriousness, I'd hate to have an anal cavity search to get on a plane.
You want fingerprints, you want hair (DNA), retina scan......I'm all for it.
I have NOTHING to hide.....

And if I *ever* get to see a protester laying down in the road, blocking traffic, he better hope like hell I'm not in a position to run him over.
(as happened in Chicago, a year or 2 ago....)

I think that 10 million conservative Americans should move to Sweden and gain citizenship, thus creating majority support for the dismantling of its welfare state.:)