Very sad......

adaher said:
I think that 10 million conservative Americans should move to Sweden and gain citizenship, thus creating majority support for the dismantling of its welfare state.
smile.gif

:rolleyes:

AngraRULES said:
It's really sad to see how many Americans base their knowledge about Brazil by what they saw in the movie City of God. Pure ignorance.

It's really sad how many Europeans base their knowledge about the USA by what they see in Hollywood movies. Pure ignorance.

(Not to belittle the effect of the astonishingly biased European and UK news-media...I was dumbfounded at the blatant anti-US tone I saw in the UK while I was there...and this was from the TV news anchor, not a commentator.)

Man! I think everybody needs to take a break from this thread. Time for a sing-a-long.

"America! FUCK YEAH!! We're coming to save the fucking day!" :kickass:

Pellaz said:
It's really sad how many Europeans base their knowledge about the USA by what they see in Hollywood movies. Pure ignorance.

Hey, isn't that what you guys do all the time regarding the whole world? Didn't you make an assumption regarding my country based on what you saw on the movie City of God?

Pellaz said:
(Not to belittle the effect of the astonishingly biased European and UK news-media...I was dumbfounded at the blatant anti-US tone I saw in the UK while I was there...and this was from the TV news anchor, not a commentator.)

Oh yeah, like the US news-media is not biased at all... Gimme a break.

Oh yeah, like the US news-media is not biased at all... Gimme a break.
I've worked for a newspaper for 15 years. Trust me, the US media is just as biased as anything in Europe.

Barking Pumpkin said:
The "if you don't like it, fucking leave" attitude is so stupid. That just destroys the whole concept of freedom of speech and democracy. We can criticize some ways where we think the government acts inappropriately and still be respectful towards the loss in 9/11, and the other losses America faces. Just because a tragedy occurred doesn't give certain people a free ticket to push through their agenda and say "anyone who doesn't like it can leave." Dissent is the best way to be a patriotic American, because that's why America was founded.
Exactly.

Zod

News around the world are biased, but in US the news are truly designed to keep the average American in fear so that he/she won't question his/her government. I lived in US for 5 years (college) including during 9/11 as well as when US started the Iraq invasion, and I was amazed of what a propaganda machine those news channels(especially Fox) are and how they try to manipulate the way of thinking of the average American.

What also shocked me is the little interest/knowledge my college mates had about the world outside the US. I am not saying that here in Europe or Latin America (where I lived most of my life) everybody is a genius when it comes to general knowledge about the world and current international issues, but here everybody has at least some sense of what is going on or knows a little bit about geography/other countries, but in US there are lots of people (not all of course) who have no fucknig clue...I had American classmates who did not even know how many people live in US (one said 1 billion, the next 100 billion...I had to give the answer). It seems like the only time these people get involved is when US is bombing another country or when the words "terrorism" or "axis of evil" are used...but other than that they could not give a flying fuck.

I have been following this thread and as I have seen in most cases the typical response is: "if you don't like it get the fuck out of here"...etc...well, that is exactly what I did and boy am I glad I left the US. I had lots of good friends there and still have lots of good memories, but I just could not stand this sick government with its retarded leaders, and seeing how people blindly supported such a dumb-fuck like Bush who has done no good whatsoever, be it internationally or at a national level. All he has done is piss more people off which is obviously resulting in this anti-american sentiment which is growing stronger day by day. And on top of that, he has not improved anything internally either. And he got re-elected??? Makes lots of sense...NOT!!!

And one last thing its so fucked up that many Americans always talk about "we are in Iraq fighting for our freedom (of speech, etc)". How is Iraq taking away any freedom? They have not done shit to US and are in no position to do so (has already been proved to the world). How come Americans are more often than not pissed when someone critizises their government and tell everyone to shut up or to leave the country? They are not respecting that freedom of speech they supposedly are defending. And how free is a country where people get jailed for sodomy (not talking about abusing children which is obviously wrong), where people cannot drink before they turn 21 yet get sent to war with 18, where anybody can get sued for anything, where smoking pot is considered a crime, etc. Sounds like a fucked up place to me. Granted, most countries have some fucked up laws, but US always claims they are the freest of all free countries...LOL!

I know US is divided and that a large part of the population does not fit into the category of people I am talking about here, but unfortunately the people in power belong to this category, as well as a slight majority based on the last elections. It is really sad to see this way of thinking, especially since we are talking about the strongest government in the world, one that can and is hurting other nations/people throughout the world through its actions and policies, yet always uses the same excuses (9/11) and tries to portray itself as "world-saviour" or the "good guys". They could at least admit they are doing fucked up things and don't give a shit about it...nobody can hurt US anyway (speaking about military power/war) so might as well just say it straight up instead of pretending to be good.

Just my 2 cents.

For those who haven't followed this entire thread, let me sum up:

If you don't like America, it might be best to relocate.

If your understanding of Brazilian culture is based on the a movie "City of God", you might be a redneck.

America isn't actually America, it's also Mexico.

Daniel Gildenlow is an ink-o-phobe.

The American government should cut off the hands of all tourists.

It's at least possible, that the media, regardless of country of origin, may be biased.

Zod

General Zod said:
For those who haven't followed this entire thread, let me sum up:

If you don't like America, it might be best to relocate.

If your understanding of Brazilian culture is based on the a movie "City of God", you might be a redneck.

America isn't actually America, it's also Mexico.

Daniel Gildenlow is an ink-o-phobe.

The American government should cut off the hands of all tourists.

It's at least possible, that the media, regardless of country of origin, may be biased.

Zod

Thank You! :worship:

It does get mighty tiresome trying to wade through these lengthy topics full of personal opinions, long-winded tirades and troll-inspired nonsense. I'm glad you've cleared it up for us. Now we can all make intelligent, on-topic posts w/o reading all the drivel. :err:

alexofbodom said:
News around the world are biased, but in US the news are truly designed to keep the average American in fear so that he/she won't question his/her government. I lived in US for 5 years (college) including during 9/11 as well as when US started the Iraq invasion, and I was amazed of what a propaganda machine those news channels(especially Fox) are and how they try to manipulate the way of thinking of the average American.

What also shocked me is the little interest/knowledge my college mates had about the world outside the US. I am not saying that here in Europe or Latin America (where I lived most of my life) everybody is a genius when it comes to general knowledge about the world and current international issues, but here everybody has at least some sense of what is going on or knows a little bit about geography/other countries, but in US there are lots of people (not all of course) who have no fucknig clue...I had American classmates who did not even know how many people live in US (one said 1 billion, the next 100 billion...I had to give the answer). It seems like the only time these people get involved is when US is bombing another country or when the words "terrorism" or "axis of evil" are used...but other than that they could not give a flying fuck.

I have been following this thread and as I have seen in most cases the typical response is: "if you don't like it get the fuck out of here"...etc...well, that is exactly what I did and boy am I glad I left the US. I had lots of good friends there and still have lots of good memories, but I just could not stand this sick government with its retarded leaders, and seeing how people blindly supported such a dumb-fuck like Bush who has done no good whatsoever, be it internationally or at a national level. All he has done is piss more people off which is obviously resulting in this anti-american sentiment which is growing stronger day by day. And on top of that, he has not improved anything internally either. And he got re-elected??? Makes lots of sense...NOT!!!

And one last thing its so fucked up that many Americans always talk about "we are in Iraq fighting for our freedom (of speech, etc)". How is Iraq taking away any freedom? They have not done shit to US and are in no position to do so (has already been proved to the world). How come Americans are more often than not pissed when someone critizises their government and tell everyone to shut up or to leave the country? They are not respecting that freedom of speech they supposedly are defending. And how free is a country where people get jailed for sodomy (not talking about abusing children which is obviously wrong), where people cannot drink before they turn 21 yet get sent to war with 18, where anybody can get sued for anything, where smoking pot is considered a crime, etc. Sounds like a fucked up place to me. Granted, most countries have some fucked up laws, but US always claims they are the freest of all free countries...LOL!

I know US is divided and that a large part of the population does not fit into the category of people I am talking about here, but unfortunately the people in power belong to this category, as well as a slight majority based on the last elections. It is really sad to see this way of thinking, especially since we are talking about the strongest government in the world, one that can and is hurting other nations/people throughout the world through its actions and policies, yet always uses the same excuses (9/11) and tries to portray itself as "world-saviour" or the "good guys". They could at least admit they are doing fucked up things and don't give a shit about it...nobody can hurt US anyway (speaking about military power/war) so might as well just say it straight up instead of pretending to be good.

Just my 2 cents.

I think you summarized pretty well my points of view as well as some other members of the forum. Regarding your last comment (the 2 cents).... Your two cents are worth more than all of the thoughts some guys in this forum have!

And God Bless the Real America! All of its countries with NO EXCEPTION! =)

I voted and tried to change it but it seems as most states that are not surrounded by water have some sort of insight to the greatness that Dubya has, which has escaped me since he ran for President in the first place. So I sit here in denial waiting untl the next election, knowing that there will be a change for the better no matter what the outcome.

And Zod, touch'e!!

Bear

Bear said:
I voted and tried to change it but it seems as most states that are not surrounded by water have some sort of insight to the greatness that Dubya has, which has escaped me since he ran for President in the first place.
They don't need a competent president. They don't live near anything that a terrorist would target. Therefore, they can use their numbers to try and vote us back into the 12th century.

Bear said:
So I sit here in denial waiting untl the next election, knowing that there will be a change for the better no matter what the outcome.
Don't be so sure. There are some real scary fuckers in the Republican party.

Zod

General Zod said:
They don't need a competent president. They don't live near anything that a terrorist would target. Therefore, they can use their numbers to try and vote us back into the 12th century.

Good point.

General Zod said:

Absolutely right.

General Zod said:

Zod

Case in point.......South Carolina. And while South Carolina is generally the state whose political shenanigans provide fodder for late night comedy shows and comic relief on CNN.......the state of some of our "leaders" here is pretty depressing.

Anyone been following the recent events? First there was the whole Inez vs. Jim DeMint Senate race this year, with DeMint's comments about how he would pass a bill banning gays from teaching in schools....and then balancing himself out by saying he would have the same response to pregnant single mothers teaching in schools. Then he proceeded to dance his way around those statements for the rest of the campaign....and still won.

Then there was John Altman's recent hassle with the senate passing a bill raising punishment for cockfighting but tabling one raising the punishment for domestic violence against women.......where the bill was called "Protect Our Women In Every Relationship," the tape showed someone (Altman) suggesting it be called "Protect Our People In Every Relationship," and then people joking about "pop her," and then "pop her again," along with other lovely comments Altman made later.

And then there's the issue with our naming things after people still living coming back to bite us in the butt when those people turn out to be cheap and corrupted.

Yeah.....there are some nasty people out there......