3 bands you have never seen that you would like to see at PPUSA

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
I know this topic has been revisited in the past, but just a fun reminder of what everyone would love to see. For me it has to be Saxon, Threshold and Marillion or Saga. The first is one of my all-time favorites and seldom hit the States and it would be an amazing kick-off show band, the second one has been a long time since they played and I wasn't attending the fest then and its one of my favorite prog bands, and the last would be a bit of an oddball, but still, would get my prog mind in motion. Marillion hit Boston two years ago, but I did not make the trip from FL regretfully. Saga play Caracas while I was there 5 years ago, but being by myself over there at a show did not feel safe. Anyway, just some great bands I would like to see, although I reckon Glenn would need to hit the lottery maybe to get a couple of these in.

Magnum could also be a very bold choice, but this one is one of my favorite Melodic Rock bands ever.

I've been fortunate enough to see all my favorite bands except for two and unfortunately those will never ever happen: Oceansize and Beyond Twilight.

But two bands that are possible and I hope to see in Atlanta one day:

Caligula's Horse
Ne Obliviscaris

An After Forever reunion. Ugh, hopefully one day! (or alternatively, a Power Quest reunion :p)

I'd love to see an actual prog/tech thrash band play. I enjoy Overkill/Forbidden/Sanctuary but those bands were just run of the mill thrash and the fest has never had a genuine prog/tech thrash band. Excellent progthrash does exist! Toxik just got back together(and are playing NYC on Halloween, and New Hampshire in Peterborough on November 15th) - then there's Helstar, Coroner, Vektor, Watchtower, Psychotic Waltz, Blind Illusion(albeit without Les Claypool), Sadus, Mekong Delta, Heathen, Paradox, Artillery... These are all crazy excellent prog/tech thrash bands who'd work if on the fest IMO, and are all either still together or recently reunited.

Hell, Voivod would be a perfect co-headliner. Been around since the 80's, influenced pretty much every metal and prog band of the 90's, crazy fun live, rarely performs live, has megapopular classic albums like Nothingface and Dimension Hatross which could be performed in entirety and never have before...

Also, Demons & Wizards would be CRAZY to see play. But if something like that was to ever happen, it'd probably be a Wacken exclusive. :(

Also, Galneryus!!! And Grave Digger, and Gamma Ray...

I'm really not too picky tbh, i'd love to see the VAST majority of bands that have played PPUSA in the past or could potentially play in the future. :) (Edit: only just realized the thread specifies "three" bands. Whoops, my bad :O )

Paradox was booked 3 years ago and they were one of the openers, but they supposably broke up, but the next year releases a new album, so I think it was just some members that left!!

Caligula's Horse and GloryHammer are two bands I am aching to see live!

Freak Kitchen played the fest before I was able to attend. I would love to see them as well.

Two bands I had wanted to play the fest for several years (Hibria and Anubis Gate) are playing next year. The infamous "bucket list" of bands I'd love to see play live is quickly getting smaller and smaller! :lol:

How about a whole fest of 1st timers?

FRIDAY:
Arch/Matheos headliner
Minds Eye
Vandenberg's Moonkings
Sieges Even
Mechanical Organic
Subsignal

SATURDAY:
James LaBrie headliner
Kings X
Pegazus
Eyefear
Distorted Harmony
Darker Half

With Falconer on next year's roster, my list is getting harder to put together.
Speaking to Stones
Hourglass
Spock's Beard

Bands that have previously played PP that I really want to see for the first time:
Orphaned Land
Threshold

With Falconer and Anathema next year, I'm really running out of bands I'd like to see.

Axel Rudi Pell
Anneke Van Giersbergen with any band
Cynthesis
Kontrust

Edit: Bands I have seen before, but would like to see at Progpower

Sylvan
Hammers Of Misfortune
Cynic