3 bands you have never seen that you would like to see at PPUSA

:err:

I like plenty of traditional metal bands, Loudness were just always too generic/predictable for my tastes.

Maybe you are not very familiar with Loudness Sure there were periods when a couple of albums back to back might bleed together and even fit into whatever was happening in America at the time. But considering the first couple of albums and maybe some of the psychedelic doom stuff in the 90s....
To say Loudness are "generic/predictable" sounds like "I saw a couple of videos on MTV in the 80s and will base my whole opinion on that".

To be fair, Def Leppard had some legit really good songs when they started - before they went the route they decided to go. (pre-Hysteria and even pre-Pyromania)

Obviously i'm going by the songs i've heard. If you hear songs by a band, don't like them - you're not going to say "i'm going to listen to their whole discography." If there's one specific Loudness album you guys recommend, i'll check it out. But otherwise...

Still, my point about Loudness being like Quiet Riot and all them was more my response to the "ACTUALLY METAL" comment - as if something being metal means it doesn't have pop elements. Protip: If something is 3 or 4 minutes long, and has a verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo(or bridge)-chorus structure - by default it's poppish. There's even death metal bands who write songs in formulaic pop structures, the most overused time signature ever, etc. "Poppy" by itself is not a negative trait, and the songs i've heard by Loudness are pretty damn poppy - albeit not what we think of when we think of "pop" today.

Japanese metal, especially power metal, can be a little difficult to get into for a lot of people. It's more of a niche thing, and even though I'm starting to get into more of it, I can see why the over-the-top visual and auditory component of most of it could throw people off in the USA. Still, it would be cool to see somebody like Galneryus, who is probably the most popular Japanese metal band short of Loudness, play the fest one year.

Maybe it's the fact that they've never played over here whatsoever, whereas Loudness play the states every few years, but I feel like Galneryus is definitely WAAAAY more well known than Loudness.

Maybe it's the fact that they've never played over here whatsoever, whereas Loudness play the states every few years, but I feel like Galneryus is definitely WAAAAY more well known than Loudness.

My knowledge of Japanese metal is "Crazy Nights," and that's it. Based on this alone, I think maybe, just maybe, Loudness is more well known.

Within Temptation. May never happen, but would be oh so nice.

Savatage with full lineup- because we're shooting the moon, might as well.
Hard to come up with a third since pp is my source of new music to get into anymore.

Well off the top....

The Gathering
...somehow convincing Anneke to guest on some songs, especially of the "Mandylion" and "Nighttime Birds" -era songs. Hey, a guy can dream...

The Gathering are doing a special 25th anniversary show soon, bringing back former members from the bands different incarnations including Anneke. So not impossible

:kickass: ... and considering that not ONLY are the one of the best U.S. power metal bands around, they should also be given some massive props for carrying the torch for metal during a time when metal was virtually dead in the country.

I'll never argue with you with you there. It was nice having another band in the DC scene that wasn't a death metal band or trying to add alternative in their sound.