3 bands you have never seen that you would like to see at PPUSA

The threa about The X Factor reminded me, what about Blaze Bayley solo? That could go over well.

Love Blaze's solo stuff, so you wouldn't get any complaints from me. However, I get the sense a Blaze Bayley set wouldn't go over so well.

Love Blaze's solo stuff, so you wouldn't get any complaints from me. However, I get the sense a Blaze Bayley set wouldn't go over so well.

I've heard one album from him solo, so I can't speak much for that, but from everything I've heard the general opinion seems to be "his maiden stuff sucks, but his solo stuff is godly" which is why I figured a solo set would be cool. Maybe a Maiden song. Better him than Di'Anno anyways.

I've heard one album from him solo, so I can't speak much for that, but from everything I've heard the general opinion seems to be "his maiden stuff sucks, but his solo stuff is godly" which is why I figured a solo set would be cool. Maybe a Maiden song. Better him than Di'Anno anyways.

If you've heard one solo album from him, then you've heard more than most people.

At least Di'anno sang on some honest to goodness classics that Iron Maiden is still using in their setlist over 30 years later. (Don't read this as a request from me to bring Di'anno to PPUSA; not that Glenn would anyway).

Well, Paul had a reputation before he ditched the tour.

H.E.A.T. are suffering the same descent into mediocrity that eventually broke up Wig Wam. Or, was it The Poodles?

Wow, dumb statement. H.e.a.t. has only gotten better with their last 2 releases. I'm not even that into this genre as much any more but these guys still do it for me. I just saw them at MRF4......they were f'n incredible. One of my favorite live shows of the year (behind Oliva of course). A great bunch of guys as well. Stuck around after their late set to sit a sign autographs for the fans. Class act band, I hope to see them again.

Well off the top....

The Gathering
...somehow convincing Anneke to guest on some songs, especially of the "Mandylion" and "Nighttime Birds" -era songs. Hey, a guy can dream...

Arena
Glenn previously indicated they really were not a proper fit for the festival but I still hold out hope...

Falkenbach
Not even sure of the band's status as I think it is primarily a one-man show with guest musicians but if anyone could make this happen live and in Atlanta, it would be one Mr. Glenn Harveston!

I know Glen is not too fond of Japanese metal but I would love to see Saber Tiger & Anthem & for my 3rd pick. A Racer X reunion!!

Glenn's attitude is understandable. Its a weird scene over there. A lot of Japanese metal (that I know about) is too pop oriented for my tastes. Perhaps the music industry in Japan is meddling too much in the music trying to produce a canned product for maximum profits. I really have no idea what the problem is, but it seems something vital is missing from most of it. There are only a handful of Japanese metal bands that I like, and they tend to be the more traditional style of heavy metal.

Glenn's attitude is understandable. Its a weird scene over there. A lot of Japanese metal (that I know about) is too pop oriented for my tastes. Perhaps the music industry in Japan is meddling too much in the music trying to produce a canned product for maximum profits. I really have no idea what the problem is, but it seems something vital is missing from most of it. There are only a handful of Japanese metal bands that I like, and they tend to be the more traditional style of heavy metal.

Loudness!! /discussion

Loudness!! /discussion

Hahaha I can't STAND Loudness, yet I love most of the really pop oriented Jap metal bands. :loco:

Boris is definitely the best band out of Japan though, IMO. They're geniuses. They wouldn't work on Progpower though.

:err:

Because this TOTALLY sounds like something that Def Leppard or Quiet Riot or Twisted Sister wouldn't have released in the 80's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6nRGBwnw1M

I like plenty of traditional metal bands, Loudness were just always too generic/predictable for my tastes.

How is that much different than Accept?

I do agree that it has to be the right Japanese band and it would be nice to see some suggestions people here can get behind. The 80s glam can be a turnoff for some. The non-english lyrics can be a turnoff for some. But, there are probably other options.

I'll throw one out there: Gonin-Ish.

Course, these guys haven't made a new album in over a decade, so probably not a serious choice, but there probably bands in Japan where ProgPower would be appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, i'm not too crazy about Accept either beyond a few songs. But at least Accept definitely had punk influences(albeit not enough to make them thrash) and didn't try and go for big-and-epic glam hit-esque songs like Loudness. (I love Accept live though)

If this festival was one that had way more bands(like MDF's 50 or whatever bands), then i'd be down for bands i'm not in love with playing. Because this is a festival which only has 18 acts, each one counts for a LOT in regards to whether or not I want to spend hundreds / travel tons of miles. (but I have faith in Glenn and company to consistently bring awesomeness, 2015's lineup is perfect IMO)

:err:

Because this TOTALLY sounds like something that Def Leppard or Quiet Riot or Twisted Sister wouldn't have released in the 80's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6nRGBwnw1M

I like plenty of traditional metal bands, Loudness were just always too generic/predictable for my tastes.

seriously, you are going to pick a song from 29 years ago?? regardless, Crazy Nights ROCKS@!!!! Not to mention that song is heavier than anything Quiet Riot or Def Lep ever did!! How about looking the band up and see what they are doing NOW and comparing that to the flaming piles of shit that Def Leppard is shoveling to the masses...