Cheers and Jeers Thread

This is going to be strange for a first post, but I can't help it after seeing all the Midori (Asian bartender) hate.

That girl treated me like a king the entire weekend and was the biggest sweetheart. She made my drink multiple times before ever having to open my mouth or get close to the bar, and she kept giving us free rounds and doubles.

I treated her like every other bartender here in the states, so I'm having a real hard time understanding why people had trouble with her.

This is going to be strange for a first post, but I can't help it after seeing all the Midori (Asian bartender) hate.

That girl treated me like a king the entire weekend and was the biggest sweetheart. She made my drink multiple times before ever having to open my mouth or get close to the bar, and she kept giving us free rounds and doubles.

I treated her like every other bartender here in the states, so I'm having a real hard time understanding why people had trouble with her.

Glad to hear it wasn't only me that she treated great all weekend.

No idea. I'm a former waitress and good friends with a bartender, so trust me--I tip. I mean, when I'm paying $10 for 1 drink, $5 for a beer, and tipping you $5 for that... well, maybe it's me, but I don't consider that slouching. I didn't say anything negative about her before posting here, either, so... *shrug* Neither here nor there, I suppose, but I'm glad she treated someone well.

Shaye

Free rounds and doubles? I guess that accounts for where the alcohol in my drinks went.

Honestly, my gf and I have waited/bartended for too many years, and I can't think of one restaurant/bar we've worked at where her service would have been deemed acceptable.

But as someone mentioned, glad to hear someone got properly taken care of.

Andy Frank did run up to the seats to sing right in front of a wheelchair bound PP attendee who was having a GREAT time

Freakchylde - The FK vancam operator's name is Noak (pronounced No-ack) who is FK's official HTML Dude (and a very cool, fun guy)

Cheers:

Glenn & crew for yet another fantastic fetival.
FK for jumping at the opportunity to extend their set. Best PP set ever, IMO.....
99% of the attendees being awesome, one of the reasons I keep coming back year after year
Pagans Mind - Mindblowing set. These guys just get better & better...
The brunette bartender at the main bar for knowing about John Sykes WAY back in the Tygers of Pan Tang days.:headbang:
Air Christer for being the first band member since Glenn to launch himself into the fans
Meeting a pile of new forum friends again this yeaer
AWESOME breakfasts at the Res
AWESOME staff at the Res
Colleen & Todd for being the Res Porch Commanders
Not smelling any of the stench mentioned by the other posters here

The #1 Cheer - Celebrating IA's birthday with his crew & ours.

Jeers:
The whole VP incident....
People who, no matter how little space is in front of you, fight with you the whole set to try to move up 6 inches. Happens everywhere, but I still hate it.
The same people who can't handle their alcohol, act like pricks, and get all butt hurt when they are confronted about it
Me - Missing ALL but the Jam on Saturday (really wanted to see Primal Fear & Threshold but....)
Having to come home hungover with NO sleep on Sunday
Greenbay kicking the Bears' ass so far tonight.....

I didn't realize I have become a Residence Porch commander but i gladly accept the assignment LOL :headbang: Was great to meet you and talk to you this year

I could go on and on, but I won't - except to say thanks to J-Man & his daughter Mary and Colleen & Todd for being awesome PP roomies, and just awesome people to hang out with in general. And to all my other PP friends with whom I spent a great amount of time this year (especially Mike, Rick, Andy, and our two über-famous plastic sword-carrying forum members who need no further recognition) I already look forward to seeing you all next year.

Great to meet you as well Todd :kickass:Wish we had a little more time to hang out but, it seems like I said little down time this year. You rule man...:headbang:

To Glenn and Cindy THANKS SO MUCH for everything, you are two of the most wonderful people i have the honor of calling friends.
Shane my brother enough said.
Colleen, Todd, Todd W. Milton Ian, Bobby, Don, Eric Darren, Adam, Rick, Rafael, Christian, Bryan, IA Bjorn, Chris, J-Dub, Coldie, Scott, Lance, Mary, Tommy, Abbey, Lara I love you guys you are in my heart forever.

Had a blast with you Mary and Todd. Thanks so much J-man for taking care of the reservations this year. You so rock :headbang: Miss hanging out with you guys already. Thanks for everything!!

...ummm...if he reads this, he may take it the wrong way... ;)
YOU are a very bad girl. <don't mind my screen name>
ROTFLMAO! I kinda thought the same thing, but I knew what she meant. Though, if he knows me, he knows what it means too. *giggles* Kinda funny, but I still have no clue who we're talking about.
Who knows if this is true or not cause the creep looked like he was on something all weekend BUT he told me he was in town for work and his buddy had an extra ticket so he just came out. Hopefully that translates too he'll never be back. If he does make it back, I will make sure I introduce you two :heh:

Believe me, if he approached you, you would have remembered him!

Did I miss the sign that said "Only 1 creepy duded allowed inside at a time" ..?? Cuz believe me, there was definitely more than one person that y'all could be talking about! o_O :yuk: Thank goodness for the cute polite gentlemen in the crowd that balance it out! :lol:

Glad to hear it wasn't only me that she treated great all weekend.

I didn't get any alcohol from her but she was good about my water requests and I always tipped even if it was just a bottle of water. I recall 2 years ago the bartenders at the far bar near the girl's bathrooms were being jackasses about people ordering just water.

Did I miss the sign that said "Only 1 creepy duded allowed inside at a time" ..?? Cuz believe me, there was definitely more than one person that y'all could be talking about! o_O :yuk: Thank goodness for the cute polite gentlemen in the crowd that balance it out! :lol:

maybe i'm the only one thinking of this one particular person, but i had more than one "run in" with him over the fest...that's pretty much the reason i considered him such a creep...not going to mention any names though...maybe its just me? Hahaha!:lol: