Do you mind headbanging at Progpower

Headbanging... yea or nay.

• Yes it bother me

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • No it doesn't bother me

Votes: 117 92.1%

• Total voters
I don't care if this post gets deleted or not, it has to be said...

If you are at any type of Hard Rock or Metal show, and I do mean ANY TYPE...and you mind somebody headbanging anywhere around you...

then you are a straight-up fag and your ass deserves to be taken out back and given the beating of your life, because you sure as Hell shouldn't be allowed inside for any reason, other than to change your Man-tampon.
That's funny! :lol: Utterly baseless since, no one said they have a problem with someone only headbanging around them, but funny nonetheless. Maybe you and some other forum members should read the posts first before getting so worked up. :lol:

Sure people get hit in the face, even eyes with someone's sweaty hair and/or someone's sweaty hair going into their over-priced beer. And there are plenty of distractions. That and more is a part of being at any kind of Heavy Metal or other harder music concert. But despite the poll, I have yet to read that anyone says that they are perfectly content with those things happening to them. Anyone with any sense wouldn't like it and anyone with maturity would move. I seriously doubt that most would stay right there and continue to take it and be distracted from seeing a show that they shelled out some hard-earned cash to see.

That's funny! :lol: Utterly baseless since, no one said they have a problem with someone only headbanging around them, but funny nonetheless. Maybe you and some other forum members should read the posts first before getting so worked up. :lol:

Sure people get hit in the face, even eyes with someone's sweaty hair and/or someone's sweaty hair going into their over-priced beer. And there are plenty of distractions. That and more is a part of being at any kind of Heavy Metal or other harder music concert. But despite the poll, I have yet to read that anyone says that they are perfectly content with those things happening to them. Anyone with any sense wouldn't like it and anyone with maturity would move. I seriously doubt that most would stay right there and continue to take it and be distracted from seeing a show that they shelled out some hard-earned cash to see.

agreed for the second time

agreed for the second time
Xray%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg_thumb.jpg

The only things that have ever bothered me at a ProgPower event are:

1) The anonymous flatulence that strikes from time to time on the floor in front of the stage.

OMG, I've smelled that EVERY YEAR while in the photo pit and it's disgusting. And this is coming from someone who rides the NYC subways!! :ill: It's real sneaky, too. Everything is nice and happy and metal and then - BAM!! Suddenly I'm inside Satan's anus. Gah!!! o_O

~C

OMG, I've smelled that EVERY YEAR while in the photo pit and it's disgusting. And this is coming from someone who rides the NYC subways!! :ill: It's real sneaky, too. Everything is nice and happy and metal and then - BAM!! Suddenly I'm inside Satan's anus. Gah!!! o_O

~C
LMFAO! :lol: Yeah those farts have snuck up on all of us I think. There always seems to be a "who the fuck farted during that _____ set!?!" story every year! But with any annoyance, I always move. No fart will stop me from trying to enjoy the show.

Yep, we sure found out something about the reading comprehension skills of several posters. Not one single person in this thread said they were against headbanding.

Britt
I don't think that any of the them (the ones that are complaining about the nonexistent people who are against all headbanging in general), except one (Empress), actually read any of the posts. They only saw the wording of the poll and not the explanations in the posts. I know that no one has the time to read all the posts in every thread, but if you're going to post a criticism about the people in the thread, you should have the facts. Still, reading the baseless bitching has been amusing.

I suck at real golf, but give me a putter and a windmill and I'll kick your ass. :)

And for our longer haired friends who headbang (I exclude my short haired self) maybe just a hair scrunchy (um, but more masculine) and a pony tail would keep some of the flying frizz away from others. Ah yes, the official PP8 headbangers hair scrunchy...

Funny idea, but IMO in the case of individuals with enough hair, there is no point in headbanging if you tie your hair back. That's part of the point in growing it long in the first place.

I don't care if this post gets deleted or not, it has to be said...

If you are at any type of Hard Rock or Metal show, and I do mean ANY TYPE...and you mind somebody headbanging anywhere around you...

then you are a straight-up fag and your ass deserves to be taken out back and given the beating of your life, because you sure as Hell shouldn't be allowed inside for any reason, other than to change your Man-tampon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's the hardest I've laughed all night!

2. Do you mind people yelling the lyrics??
I don't mind singing along in general. On the other hand, I really want to smack any girl that decides she should join in the Therion choir. No audience member should ever sing in an opera voice. It completely dominates everything you hear and drowns out the actual singer. This has occured during Therion at PP and two of the Nightwish shows I've seen.

And to Empress about a thread where someone was saying they were annoyed by a blonde chick headbanging in the photopit during the Therion set. As I recall, a large group of girls entered into the left side of the photopit for the Therion set. Oddly enough they were the same girls who had tried to push their way to the front only minutes before but gave up when people wouldn't budge for the lot of them. I would think the annoyance may have been more to do with this group basically making their own front row because they couldn't within the actual crowd than the actual headbanging. I imagine it'd suck pretty hard to stand at your front row spot for several hours only to have some random people use the photo area to make their own front row directly in front of you. I believe sponsors are allowed to be in the pit for a few songs of the band they're sponsoring (someone may have to correct me on this) but I don't recall that any of these people were the sponsors for Therion.

I don't mind singing along in general. On the other hand, I really want to smack any girl that decides she should join in the Therion choir. No audience member should ever sing in an opera voice. It completely dominates everything you hear and drowns out the actual singer. This has occured during Therion at PP and two of the Nightwish shows I've seen.

At a Nightwish show, there was some metro guy with spiky blond hair, wearing a frilly dress shirt under a frilly red jacket, air-keyboarding and screeching. The Therion thing would be annoying, but the guy really entertained me.

About the smell...is it just me, or does it happen during the same slot? With it happening every year I've been there, the same odour and everything, I wonder if somebody could have their own yearly tradition...

About the smell...is it just me, or does it happen during the same slot? With it happening every year I've been there, the same odour and everything, I wonder if somebody could have their own yearly tradition...
:lol: I guess I'll have to take a mental note of what slot(s), night(s) and the particular odor(s) of the dreaded annual PP fart(s). Then we'll compare notes to know if it indeed is a tradition and who it is. :lol:

I always heard people say the "fart" smell was actually the air ducts. Though I would think that would be a constant smell if that was the cause. Maybe it's just the people doing it trying to point blame elsewhere. ;)

*goes to search forums and find these people*

theres like 300+ people in a somewhat small front-stage area with music playing

im sure its only a matter of time before someone decides to let one rip, after all its not like anyone can hear who it was.

And to Empress about a thread where someone was saying they were annoyed by a blonde chick headbanging in the photopit during the Therion set. As I recall, a large group of girls entered into the left side of the photopit for the Therion set. Oddly enough they were the same girls who had tried to push their way to the front only minutes before but gave up when people wouldn't budge for the lot of them. I would think the annoyance may have been more to do with this group basically making their own front row because they couldn't within the actual crowd than the actual headbanging. I imagine it'd suck pretty hard to stand at your front row spot for several hours only to have some random people use the photo area to make their own front row directly in front of you. I believe sponsors are allowed to be in the pit for a few songs of the band they're sponsoring (someone may have to correct me on this) but I don't recall that any of these people were the sponsors for Therion.

Can't comment there because I know nothing about that. I was frontrow during Therion. The girl I was referring to I actually did see in the photo pit headbanging (but it was during Orphaned Land), that even one of the security guards told her to stop. I think she was traveling with the band. I remember after PP, reading some people's post about her here.

The girl I was referring to I actually did see in the photo pit headbanging (but it was during Orphaned Land), that even one of the security guards told her to stop. I think she was traveling with the band. I remember after PP, reading some people's post about her here.

Yeah, she is here at the forum, but I can't remember her name.... and she was with Orphaned Land.
I don't mind people headbanging... I mean, it's show!! but I have to be honest: Oh God, that was a bit annoying, I have to say it myself. And I did see the security guy telling her to stop. lol First time I saw that during a show lol
I mean, I don't mind at all... as long as I don't eat hair... and I don't have hair on my face for an hour (making it almost impossible to watch a show). If that's the case(which never was), I, of course, would go somewhere else. If I AM the one bothered, I should MOVE! And GO AWAY! ;)

Yeah, she is here at the forum, but I can't remember her name.... and she was with Orphaned Land.
I don't mind people headbanging... I mean, it's show!! but I have to be honest: Oh God, that was a bit annoying, I have to say it myself. And I did see the security guy telling her to stop. lol First time I saw that during a show lol
I mean, I don't mind at all... as long as I don't eat hair... and I don't have a hair on my face for an hour (making it almost impossible to watch a show). If that's the case(which never was), I, of course, would go somewhere else. If I AM the one bothered, I should MOVE! And GO AWAY! ;)

Don't edit your post. ;)

LMAO