Final 2 Headliners

I'm sure this will be an unpopular question, but... Am I the only person hoping Iced Earth does NOT headline PP IX? I understand they have a significant fan base, but they've just never done much for me.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular question, but... Am I the only person hoping Iced Earth does NOT headline PP IX? I understand they have a significant fan base, but they've just never done much for me.

Im in the same boat, terribly boring band and have even gotten worse as time moves on

I'm in the not-interested-in-Iced-Earth group too. However, if they are announced, I wouldn't mind. I'd get a head start on post-show hanging out/sleeping/eating.

On a side note, when I first saw Rockyraccoon's post, my eyes somehow skipped over the word "Iced" and for a few seconds I actually thought he was referring to the band Earth. Now seeing them would be...interesting.

I don't want to see Iced Earth headline either.

I'm thinking that Glenn is talking about a more Euro power metal band, and we still have a repeat coming according to a previous post. So I'm thinking it's the perfect time to bring back Stratovarius, seeing as how they'll have a new album out which should be a return to form.

I don't want to see Iced Earth headline either.

I'm thinking that Glenn is talking about a more Euro power metal band, and we still have a repeat coming according to a previous post. So I'm thinking it's the perfect time to bring back Stratovarius, seeing as how they'll have a new album out which should be a return to form.

Are they actually back together? I thought Kotipelto was the new band with that guy in Strato

+1 for morgana lefay. the new album sucks but all else would rock my socks off.

as for iced earth.... i don't want them either. i don't like their stuff with tim owens. they have gotten stale and repetetive ver time.

What about Dragonforce? I don't think that anyone has mentioned them...I would also like to see Dream Evil although I'm not sure that they are headlining worthy but I hear many people wanting Nocturnal Rites and I think that Dream Evil would pull more than NR...

And since I have yet to attend a PP for one reason or another I am hoping that it's 2 Major Power bands that I haven't seen yet...

Gamma Ray
Stratovarius
Rhapsody(I have seen them but they were opening and needed WAY more time!!!)

What about Dragonforce? I don't think that anyone has mentioned them...I would also like to see Dream Evil although I'm not sure that they are headlining worthy but I hear many people wanting Nocturnal Rites and I think that Dream Evil would pull more than NR...

And since I have yet to attend a PP for one reason or another I am hoping that it's 2 Major Power bands that I haven't seen yet...

Gamma Ray
Stratovarius
Rhapsody(I have seen them but they were opening and needed WAY more time!!!)

I love DragonForce and all, but they aren't to musically serious for PPUSA crowd, I think they would be great for a showcase headliner, aka getting alot of unsigned bands opening and bring DF to headline woudl draw alot of peopple. But I agree with Rhapsody :kickass:

why does everyone want rhapsody? have you HEARD their newest album? i liked dawn of victory and dragonflame. soelII was ok too. given the choice of triumph or agony... it was agony.

I liked Triumph or Agony a lot. It showed a lot of diversity, and they tried new things on it. I can't see how it sucked. Maybe the lack of Luca Turilli shredding on it? It seems that he grows less and less interested in playing the guitar at a high level, and more on composition. Not sure how much that will continue. But I think that Rhapsody is still putting out great stuff.

it was a just (once again) remake songs of their last albums. these ones just sounded more boring though. they were less progressive, leaving me with stale vocal lines no technical guitar melodies and a bunch of old material.

Ok, well maybe they did, but the tour was not
"nation-wide". It came nowhere's near Connecticut-(The Anti-Metal state!)! These guys need to do that, & play all 50 states, & more cities in the bigger states! & not just hol-in-the-wall clubs, but larger size clubs, & even medium sized theaters.
Iced Earth/COB/Evergrey on the Glorious Burden tour
Apr. 29 - BB King's – New York, NY
May 01 - Palladium – Worcester, MA

:kickass:

I doubt Evergrey would get more than 250 people in a U.S headlining tour. Same with Jorn, Angra, and Stratovarius. I may be completely off. But I think that Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, EdGuy, and Nightwish (now, not sure then) are the only bands that have headlined that still would/do get over 400 people. And from their recent tour reports it seems that EdGuy isn't pulling in that many? I don't think a band needs to draw that many to headline. They just need to be interesting enough that enough people will buy tickets to the festival, and stick around to see them.

why does everyone keep sayng Rhapsody repeats albums? They follow a storyline concept but thats about it...

Interesting isn't it? Some of their critics say they keep making the same album, and the others say that they're now less progressive and boring. Obviously it can't be both.

'Legendary Tales' through to 'Power Of The Dragonflame' were all standard bombastic Rhapsody Power Metal. That make 4 of the same album. However, 'The Dark Secret' EP and 'Symphony Of The Enchanted Lands; Part II' had a lot more Progressive elements. I agree with Cheiron that 'Triumph or Agony' seems to stress composition over virtuosity. Whether that means it sucks, or makes it boring or not, is a matter of opinion.

In any event the "same album" theory doesn't hold up IMO.

We still have to be looking at two knock-out awesome, fairly powermetal-heavy headliners.

Now that Glenn has -- not surprisingly -- ruled out Therion and Ayreon (in other threads), almost all of the bands I can think of that would be headliner-status have already toured the States, at least to some degree. Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody.... Who else is left? Angra again? Stratovarius again?