Final 2 Headliners

well I guess my wish list is...

Symphony X - I think its a high possibility, but then again who am I? lol
Brainstorm - judging by their overwhelming reaction last time they played
Rhapsody - definitely a headliner no doubt
or Morgana Lefay - I just love this band and would be a good headliner I think
I'd say Tarot, but I think they're out of the question for next year at least.

Symphony X - I think its a high possibility, but then again who am I? lol

Talking with Russell on their most recent tour he seemed to harbor some bad feelings for ProgPower. I have absolutely no clue why, nor was I looking to piss him off by probing too deep. But, he made a few snide comments about the festival and those involved. I also asked him about the decision not to use the PP footage Glenn has made mention of, and he seemed to be all sour grapes about that, too. Do his sentiments reflect the feelings of the entire band, who knows? Did I catch him in a bad mood, maybe so? But aside from the PP topic he seemed really friendly. I'd love to have SX back, asap. But I won't be holding my breath.

Considering the bands that get a lot of buzz on the forums...
-Nevermore= Neveragain. They would also be controversial, which Glenn stated the headliner wouldn't be.
-Dream Evil isn't big enough, and I've read that Glenn doesn't like them. Would love to see them though.
-Freedom Call, Falconer, At Vance, Mob Rules, and Nocturnal Rites aren't big enough.
-Dio is too big.
-Iced Earth is a posibility. Glenn tried to contact them for VII, but got no reply. Glenn wrote that the death Jon's father may be why.
-Rhapsody is definately a posibility. (Almost happened for V).
-Helloween is definately a posibility.
-HammerFall is definately a posibility.

My guess is two of these, or one of these four plus a repeat From Brainstorm, Kamelot, or GammaRay.

I'm guessing no Kamelot. The U.S. has gotten a pretty good dose of them over the past year and a half or so, and I just wonder if it might be a bit of overkill. Not that I can ever have "enough" Kamelot, but in general for the fest...

Maybe for one of the slots....

Ayreon (hey, I'm still dreamin'....maybe with enough sponsor support... :))
Therion (ditto on the dreamin'...and with a special European-style set, please)

For the other.....trying to think of a drop-dead astonishing power-metal headliner that would 'seal the deal'.....maybe Brainstorm?

Talking with Russell on their most recent tour he seemed to harbor some bad feelings for ProgPower. I have absolutely no clue why, nor was I looking to piss him off by probing too deep. But, he made a few snide comments about the festival and those involved. I also asked him about the decision not to use the PP footage Glenn has made mention of, and he seemed to be all sour grapes about that, too. Do his sentiments reflect the feelings of the entire band, who knows? Did I catch him in a bad mood, maybe so? But aside from the PP topic he seemed really friendly. I'd love to have SX back, asap. But I won't be holding my breath.

Yeah, after talking to Russell during this last tour, I think it's safe to say they shan't be darkening the doorsill again.

Looking at the possibilities flying around, I have to admit I would be disappointed by the following:

Symphony X
Iced Earth
Nightwish
Angra
Kamelot
Edguy

Why? Because all of those are been there / done thats or bands who are easy to see anyway. I imagine Iced Earth will tour pretty heavily for Framing Armageddon soon, SX has just been around, Angra's already done it twice, etc.

Mind you, being disappointed in an announcement doesn't equate to not enjoying the show. Any disappointment would be more about who is *not* being announced in the case of one or more of the above.

I'd rather have a name band that is not easy to see in the States otherwise. Like Grave Digger! Or Rhapsody, Ayreon, Dark Moor, Candlemass (oops, how'd that get there?!), Saxon? Helloween would work, too. They have toured some here, but not like Edguy or Symphony X lately.

3 bands I'd like:

Gamma Ray
Helloween
Nightwish(not sure how Glenn feels about Annette, or whether new vocals hurts their headlining status)

2 bands I don't want:

Iced Earth
Within Temptation

Helloween and Gamma Ray are supposdly touring together and may hit North America in 2008.

Nightwish is already touring the USA now.

Iced Earth I do want to see, but they will probably have their own tour of the US next year to support the new album.

Within Temptation just toured.

whoever said Hammerfall, that seems like a good choice, they have been flying below the radar compared to other bands lately but they are definately headliner and have lots of fans, the last CD they released had some great tracks too and they've never played PP before.

Machine Men would be awesome and still waiting for Labyrinth.

Although Kamelot is unlikely, I would never ever say no to Kamelot, we drove 800 miles all together to see them play in Tampa a few months ago, and I'd do it again tomorrow if that was a possibility.

I'm throwing in Symphony X as a possibility over Within Temptation (based on Glenns post).

Still sticking with Iced Earth. I think a lot of people forget that Jon Schaeffer was a special guest a few years back and then had some medical problems which I think put the band on hold. He's long overdue for an appearance. (and perhaps a special guest slot with Hansi for some Demons & Wizards songs).